Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Not one new post since my own yesterday? 🙏that all of you are okay! Dad and I both slept well 🛌last night and are by God's Grace still fine from yesterday. Dad is heading out to the laundromat:laundy:and then quickly to our regular (Aurora) Ralphs🛒Tomorrow morning he's planning to go to Pavilions for some extras there including, I hope, Father's Day 🌼and a treat for himself on Sunday too of probably one of these three sweets that he enjoys🍨🎂slice or a slice of 🥧Sunday, thank God, he stays home!

Wishing each of you a wonderful Friday. I will check back later:grouphug:
I am glad you said this, because I knew I had come here to say something last night, but never posted it!

This morning I went for a bike ride with the family, we stopped to pay respects at Fishermen’s Memorial. Then they did some garden work, to save Tom the job. :)
Our son at work

IMG_2221.jpeg
Later I noticed these cat tails in the pond. For years, they stayed small,and all of a sudden they are maybe 5’ tall, and each has two cat tails with 3” or so between them. When we were young we tried to light them to use as mosquito repellent. We called them “punks.”

IMG_2226.jpeg

Dad is thanks to God safely home for the rest of the day. Tomorrow morning he is just going out briefly and then will be in until Monday :cheer2:We're waiting on an Amazon 📦All is nice and quiet around here :)

:grouphug:Lynn and prayers that at long last everything did work out with all your medical 📱calls. You know, I'm sorry all that time was needed on them. How kind of your SIL to get Don 🍑and you 🍅and squash. Praise extra to God, your friends arrived safely. I sure would not want to drive in ⛈️As always, feel free to send me some of your heat!

:grouphug:Pea along with as always extra 🙏of safety and health for you at work.

:grouphug:Bobbiwoz, will you please send my dad some of your 🫐🥧He would love that. He would also enjoy fresh picked blueberries and raspberries, too! Enjoy my friend. What an awesome 🧩I love your puzzle with family tradition. As all of you know, dad and I sure enjoy doing 100-piece puzzles together. Thank you also for paying respects and tribute at the Memorial.

Have a great and warm (for me it's chilly here) rest of the afternoon dear Friends.

Not one new post since my own yesterday? 🙏that all of you are okay!
Just a busy day yesterday - helping out with a project at DH's Lodge, then visiting with his folks for a couple of hours. They have a cute little dog, so I got some fun playtime with him as well. :dog2:

I'm going to wash windows today. Lots of kitty nose prints in most of them, lol.
We get those little nose prints too!

Good morning. Had more rain last night, but today is going to be clear and sunny. Temps around 80, warmer for tomorrow. I'm waiting for the Fed Ex truck. I got Don a big gift box from Omaha Steaks for Fathers Day. First time we try it, so I hope it's everything I've heard it is.

I cleaned the house yesterday. Dusted, vacuumed, did the windows, cleaned both bathrooms and washed the kitchen and bathroom rugs. Waiting till he wakes up and gets out of the kitchen so I can wash the floor. That and stripping and remaking the bed are my only must do chores for the day.
I took care of one of the medical issues yesterday and go so frustrated with the other that I've decided I'm changing PCP's. I had called with some questions pertaining to Don, and also to reschedule the appts we had for this Monday, since he can't get out yet to go. They gave me a hard time with all of the issues, and I've had it. I can't stand this one and every time there's an issue it reiterates my feelings. She's Don's PCP too, and I told him he's changing too. I want nothing more to do with her. It's not good when you don't like your doctor.
Have a lovely Saturday Quacker family

1687007726945.png

Happy Saturday Dear 🐥

Quiet and overcast morning here. God gifted me such a good night sleep. Prayers all of you caught some good 💤too. Dad and I both enjoyed 🥞for breakfast which is always nice to share them together. He will shortly be doing some brief morning shopping 🛒Later, it will be fun to watch more of our pooh:DVD. Keeping in prayer Boost delivers our Aquafina this afternoon. God willing what an extra blessing it will be for dad and I to be able to celebrate Father's Day again tomorrow. We are looking forward to doing so :)

Lynn:grouphug:my prayers as well that you are able to get a compassionate and knowledgeable new doctor who will provide you and Don kind and quality care much like our own dear Pea and Footballmouse do!

PollyannaMom, as always I am so grateful to God that you and your DH have such a great friend support through his Lodge. How blessed each of the other members are to know both of you!:hug:

Bobbiwoz, :thanks:my friend:hug:for your extra kind support and encouragement to your friend! Keeping them in prayer with congratulations on their courage and life changing healthier choice too.

:dogdance:Nose and paw prints, those of cats and of course, kiddos, too, may be never ending at times but cherish God's blessing to you of the joy of having the people and critters who make them. I thank each of you for doing so.

Have a warm, safe, and relaxing, Lynn, extra thinking of you with relaxing, Saturday, everyone. I shall come back later :)

@Judique I don't drink tea, but hubby does. Tetley British Blend in the morning, and at night Red Rose Decaf. Both are nonexistant all of a sudden in Walmart. I'm having my sister in law check Kroger's when they go to Morgantown.
I looked today, and my Trucci's carries both:
IMG_9678.jpeg

If you keep having no luck, PM me and I'll send some.

And I think you're right to change doctors!

I looked today, and my Trucci's carries both:
View attachment 768461

If you keep having no luck, PM me and I'll send some.

And I think you're right to change doctors!
Thanks for looking and thank you so much for the offer! I'll keep trying to find them here. Wow, the Red Rose is more expensive there than it was here before it disappeared. It was $3.08 a box the last time I bought one a couple of months ago.

Good morning. Just skimmed what I missed while I was away. Thoughts and prayers for all who need it.

@Kirby Enjoy your visit with James. Glad he is doing well.

Happy Father's Day for the Dads in your lives.

The trip was nice but a bit strange. The campground was rustic for sure. The cabin was small but clean. It was bike week so alot of bikers were there. They were generally quiet until they started their motorcycles. Luckily we were in a quiet area of the campground. There were motorcycles all over the place no matter where we went. We went to the flume gorge. It was beautiful but alot of walking. There was one area that was all stairs going up. I had to stop once or twice just to take a break. Then alot of uphill walking and beautiful scenic areas. Then we went back to the cabin and the kids played at the water park until it rained. We had dinner at the Common Man which I have always wanted to try but Chris and I never got to one. It was nice. Friday we went for a hike in the woods near Squam Lake. It was so buggy I had to swat mosquitos off me. They like me a bit too much and I came away with multiple bites. As a kid I spent the summer with lots of mosquito bites. Saturday it was rainy so we went to the McCauliffe-Shepard center in Concord, NH. It is a nice small museum with the history of the space program. I thought of Chris so much as he was so interested in the space program from the beginning through Apollo. He could tell you just about anything about the program. He started in college at Florida Institute of Technology to try to get a job with NASA. He ended up coming back here to Bridgewater State College where we met. Chris' cousin and I talk about Chris and he always mentions the space program. I told the kids that if Dad was here and retired he could volunteer at the center once in a while. He knew so much. In the afternoon we took the kids to Funspot, World's largest arcade. It was busy but since it is so big people are spread out. We ended up leaving late yesterday afternoon as the weather was so rainy, the motorcycles so loud that we wanted to get back to the house. The kids wanted to go home too. It was nice to be with them. Kenny is looking for a different campground for next year, one that has a bit larger cabin with more amenities. I doubt I will go along but you never know. Next month we go to the cabin my friend's kids own. It is considerably larger, has all the things we need like wifi, linens, cooking supplies, a grill and propane, and a play area for the kids.

Off for my first walk of the day. Then we are going to Jeff's to visit.

Have a good day.

Attachments

• Flume June 2023.jpg
    Flume June 2023.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Flume 2 June 2023.jpg
    Flume 2 June 2023.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 5
Good morning. Welcome home @Snowysmom !

Another bright and sunny day, no rain in sight. Everything is turning green and growing again from the rains we had the other day, so that's a plus. The down side is that the lawn will need mowing again soon.

The Omaha Steaks pkg arrived yesterday, and Don was surprised. I thought for sure he'd want to try one of the steaks tonight, but he chose the chicken breasts instead.
Summer texted me last night that she's going to try and make it out here today. But yesterday was her first day of the chemo med and her injection since 2 weeks before the surgery. She's in the middle of a bad flare up and doesn't want to come unless she feels good enough. She will look too 'rough' and it would just worry Don. I told her that her health comes first, if she can't make it, just call him.

I just checked the neighbors garden. They are away for the week and left their sprinkler on a timer. If I could figure it out to turn it on myself I would, but without instructions I don't see any way to do it. I haven't seen it working yet, so I watered it for them.

Have a great Sunday all.

1687094733164.png

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's in your lives and extra Dads, too. 🙏of thanks to God for them as we also celebrate Him anew. It is Father's Day! Of course, by God's Grace so is every day. As I wrote in dad's card, as I thank God extra today for His steadfast Presence in our lives, I pray that I bring Him added witness and joy today. Also that I thank Him for His gift to me of my dad. My love and thanks extra this Sunday to my Heavenly Father for each of you, too. Thank you for always passing on faithful kind love🐥:grouphug:

I’m kind of glad this weekend is almost over. It was a hard one, especially watching our kids grief on Fathers Day. Our middle daughter and her husband, and our son came on Saturday for lunch. DD brought Kris’s Favorite dessert and I wrote them letters telling them how and why their father was so proud of them. There were many tears but it was good to be together.
We received a Godwink yesterday, DS had wanted his Dad’s pocket knife and I haven’t been able to find it. DS went to start his Dad’s car and it was sitting right on the console. I‘ve been in that car quite a few times and never saw it.

@dazedx3 I understand how today is such a tough day to get through. I am glad you had your family with you. I love the Godwink with the pocket knife. Kris is surely with you. Godwinks help us get through the days. I love when Chris lets me know he is with me and I thank him. I tried not to let the kids know I was so sad and heartbroken today but Kenny noticed and I told him. At Jeff's there was alot of chaos with 6 kids running around but I am sure he knows how I feel. I write a card to Chris every holiday and it is hard but it helps to get out my feelings. I hope you find some peace at times and know that he is with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter