Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Taz it sounds like it would be best for your Dad to be home. He could get visiting nurses or aides to help in the beginning.

I vacuumed over at the condo and I am ready for the movers on Saturday. I talked with my wonderful friend who lives in NH. She said she is interested in going to Disney with me in the Spring. She is not a big Disney person but has not been in over 10 years. It has changed since then. It would so a bit of a less walking trip and more parks, back to rest, then parks. Once I am past all this stuff I am dealing with I will look into a May trip and see if any discounts will be out there. She also knows I am not doing well right now and lets me talk it out. It will be 2 years on Friday since Chris left me. She told me not to do anything I don't want to do and don't let anyone try to make me. She is so thoughtful, kind, and so helpful. Everyone here has been so supportive too and I really appreciate it all.

Have a good evening. It is still dreary and rainy here. I want blue skies and sunshine.

Good morning. More rain for today. I hope there is a break so I can take a walk. Back to work today after a week off. I did do some catching up over the weekend so I would not be so stressed today. My boss did do some of my stuff which I appreciate but I know I still have alot to catch up with.

Have a good day.

Good Monday Morning.:crazy:

Weather is trying to stay like summer but knows it should be fall. High of 80 today, still above the average.:sunny:

Worked all weekend and back to work this morning. At least we weren't busy and I was able to do my nails.

Friday I went to the Reds game ⚾. I won tickets through work and Evan, Bailey and Mia decided to go along. Mia was so good at her first baseball game, wasn't whiney or crabby, just sat and looked around. We stayed for the entire game plus it was Fireworks Friday so we stayed for about 1/2 of the fireworks. We made sure to stop at the Customer Service desk and Mia got her First Baseball Game Certificate.

Got a lot of food to cook tonight to meal prep for the week 🥘. I have 2 loads of laundry that I'll start but it doesn't need to get done tonight. I'd like to get some walking and exercise in tonight but I have to get this meal prep done so I don't think I'll have time. The Bengals play tonight on Monday Night Football so I'll be watching that at 8:00. Don't think we'll do any good tonight, they tend to not play well for big games, plus our quarterback is hurt.🏈

Judique - I'm so jealous of all your Disney trips!!!🏰

Well that about it. Work emails keep popping up so I guess I better see what those are about. Have a great day!:wave:

Good Morning. Dad is happy the Dodgers ended the regular season at home with a win last night⚾ We did et all of our expected 📦too. I am so not a complainer. My 🦶do hurt. How truly thankful I am they are improving it's just slow as I have said. I will be reaching out to the podiatrist, Dr. Y, today or tomorrow. I'm supposed to see her next Monday. Honestly at this moment I'm not sure I will keep that appointment because of the cost and also it seems like she wouldn't be able to do anything new for me then anyway. I will be finding that out! Thank you all always for your extra love and prayers. I will take the low dose of ibuprofen today and tomorrow. Beyond that, I'll have to decide. Tomorrow will be a week. I really don't want to be taking it longer. I know the very low amount I have taken is not a true concern. Still, to me, it is something I don't take lightly! Dad will soon be going to the laundromat and Ralphs. Reminder this morning at 10 begins the new season of The Price is Right.

Happy Monday, friends:grouphug:

Good morning. It was sunny earlier, but it's clouded over now. They say chance of rain this afternoon, temps upper 60's. The guy next door is tearing out the garden for me. He's going to run the mower through it as soon as it dries out a bit. It's sad, but we got a lot more yield out of it this year than in a long time, thanks to the mushroom compost we put down. He keeps knocking every 5 min to ask where I want this, where I want that. He's done it every year for the last few years, nothing's changed, why keep asking me? lol

I have laundry to do, and then I am going to go out and clean out the woodshed. I need to replace the plastic on the openings. Some of it got torn by the winds. The cats sleep in there most of the winter so I try to keep it dry and at least a little warmer than the element.

Off to get moving. Have a great last Monday of September!

1695651663745.png

Mid morning thread save to share I did email Dr.Y, the podiatrist. I thanked her again for her kind care. I updated her on my feet. I also let her know cost is a consideration for me. I would appreciate of course any new suggestions along with her opinion on my keeping my appointment for next Monday. We shall see what she says.

Dad, God willing, should be home within half an hour :)

Have a great rest of the morning/early afternoon everyone :)

Good Monday Morning.:crazy:

Weather is trying to stay like summer but knows it should be fall. High of 80 today, still above the average.:sunny:

Worked all weekend and back to work this morning. At least we weren't busy and I was able to do my nails.

Friday I went to the Reds game ⚾. I won tickets through work and Evan, Bailey and Mia decided to go along. Mia was so good at her first baseball game, wasn't whiney or crabby, just sat and looked around. We stayed for the entire game plus it was Fireworks Friday so we stayed for about 1/2 of the fireworks. We made sure to stop at the Customer Service desk and Mia got her First Baseball Game Certificate.

Got a lot of food to cook tonight to meal prep for the week 🥘. I have 2 loads of laundry that I'll start but it doesn't need to get done tonight. I'd like to get some walking and exercise in tonight but I have to get this meal prep done so I don't think I'll have time. The Bengals play tonight on Monday Night Football so I'll be watching that at 8:00. Don't think we'll do any good tonight, they tend to not play well for big games, plus our quarterback is hurt.🏈

Judique - I'm so jealous of all your Disney trips!!!🏰

Well that about it. Work emails keep popping up so I guess I better see what those are about. Have a great day!:wave:
If not for DVC, there would have been far fewer!

@flyingdumbo127 I hope it works out with the podiatrist. Medical care is expensive and if she offer something without a visit that would be nice.

Good Morning. It looks like the rain may finally be done at least for today. It will be cloudy and around 60 but that works. I was at the condo yesterday with the locksmith. All my locks have been rekeyed and a dead bolt added where needed. I feel better. Between that and the security system it should be OK. I was trying to figure out where to put furniture but I do not have an eye for that kind of stuff. There really is only one place for my piano and it is close to where my kitchen table and chairs need to be. It is very open space with a large open kitchen area and an island. My bedroom I have pretty much figured out as well as the other bedroom I am using as an office. The living room area is also open so I need to figure out where to put my chair which will most likely be kitty corner near the window. The new couch will go against the wall. I overthink things. I will just see how it looks when they bring in my furniture. I will probably make the movers crazy.

Off to work. Busy days! Have a good day.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope it works out with the podiatrist. Medical care is expensive and if she offer something without a visit that would be nice.

Good Morning. It looks like the rain may finally be done at least for today. It will be cloudy and around 60 but that works. I was at the condo yesterday with the locksmith. All my locks have been rekeyed and a dead bolt added where needed. I feel better. Between that and the security system it should be OK. I was trying to figure out where to put furniture but I do not have an eye for that kind of stuff. There really is only one place for my piano and it is close to where my kitchen table and chairs need to be. It is very open space with a large open kitchen area and an island. My bedroom I have pretty much figured out as well as the other bedroom I am using as an office. The living room area is also open so I need to figure out where to put my chair which will most likely be kitty corner near the window. The new couch will go against the wall. I overthink things. I will just see how it looks when they bring in my furniture. I will probably make the movers crazy.

Off to work. Busy days! Have a good day.
I have hardwood flooring and pads on the bottom of my furniture feet so I am constantly pushing it around. It makes it a lot easier and avoids scratching up the flooring.

I will love it in one spot for a bit and then decide I'd love for it to go somewhere else!

I've been in Ocean City, Md for the last few days and I'm leaving this morning. It's been a great visit and the weather on Sunday and Monday was nice enough for me. Last night was drizzly but I was sitting on my covered balcony listening to the waves crash fairly gently. The surf was much rougher back in July while I was here.

People were swimming and sunbathing but it was not at all crowded since we had the storm and school is back in session. I loved being here this time. Visited Assateague and saw a bird new to me - the Green Heron. Actually I saw two of them sitting on the railing on a walkway in the National Park. They stayed sitting until I got close and then one lifted off and flew to a nearby tree. The other stayed right there while I walked by within a couple of feet. I was taking a little video as I walked by so got great detail. It was a remarkable moment for me.

Off to pack and roll out. I want to stop at another nature area (Bombay Hook) up in Delaware as I return to my part of Maryland so I'll be going the long way.

Good Morning!🍂

High of 82 today and we're supposed to get some rain starting tonight, we'll see.☔

Happy Tuesday in Cincinnati, the Bengals won last night 🏈. Our quarterback is hurt but he played anyway and low and behold we won.

I needed to meal prep for the week and working so much and not being at home for very long kind of makes it difficult. I got home at 5:00 yesterday and started cooking. I knocked out 2 bags of veggies, a pan of brussel sprouts, 2 lbs of shredded bbq pork (divided up into 4 oz. bags), a pan of stuffed peppers and my sheet pan eggs. Throw in 2 loads of laundry and I was exhausted 🥱. At least I have breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared for the week.

Obviously I didn't do anything else last night so that's all I have. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. Rained again overnight, calling for rain this afternoon. It's 55 out and our high for the day will only be 57. Supposed to be nicer starting tomorrow and through the weekend with temps in the 70's. I'd like to get stuff done outside before it starts getting colder and windier. I picked up all the walnuts yesterday, and had to pick up another 5 gallon pail full this morning. Darryl and his nephew are coming to look at the tree this weekend. We're debating whether to just have the whole thing taken down. I like the shade it provides, but it's the messiest tree in the fall. At least with the new gutters and leaf guards I don't have to climb the ladder and clean them every week.

Off to get the trash out and clean out the litter boxes, then make my grocery list.

It seems weird without the landline. Neither of our phones ring often, but it's sure cut down on the spam and robocalls

Have a great day

1695734046831.png

Good Morning🐥💕

Prayers each of you enjoyed some good rest last night. Grace of God, my feet overall felt better yesterday. Still painful at times. Better later and more. They're sore now which is usual for the start of a day. Praying they continue to get well. No response yet from the podiatrist. Should I not hear from her tomorrow, I will call on Thursday. Thank you all so very much for all your extra care, prayer, and understanding.

Snowysmom:hug:Thank you for your kind understanding and, of course, support, too. Healthcare really is expensive. Many prayers that truly you find new peace and friendship in your condo. You know, always, my prayers are with you. I admire you!

Judique, :beach:sounds awesome. Did you see any 🐎on Assateague?

Easyas, please stay cozy and :umbrella:I truly hope you and Judique just might get to meet! All of you dear Maryland Quackers really need to meet up already! :)

Footballmouse, please take care of yourself my friend and get some 🛌

Lynn, you please stay warm and well, too, my friend. May your 🛒go smoothly. Hooray always for less robo calls and more importantly, for dear you :)

Dad sees Dr. M. (He's an endodontist) to get his opinion on his tooth. Praying, of course, dad feels comfortable with him, and his visit goes well!

Have a good day, friends. I will check in again later.

Good morning! Still working on clothes. DD started cleaning out the in-law apt now that she’s done with school. Doing a great job in the bathroom already - shower, drawers and closet all cleaned out, new shelving paper and all organized. She even took the medicine cabinet mirrors off and cleaned the tracks so the mirrors slide nicely. We looked at new sink cabinets yesterday but we think it might be easier to just sand and paint the one that’s already there and grab a new top and faucet since one of the pipes goes into the cabinet. We plan to buy a new toilet as we never liked the one there now.

Today we are going to take a ride as she found a table for her kitchen she wants to buy. It’s a high top rectangular job that seats four (or six, can’t remember) and is the same color her new cabinets will be (grey). Yesterday we couldn’t fit it in the car as we’d already been shopping. So she’s moving along pretty well. Btw she had a nice date the other night and seems happy. They chat a lot by text already. We know eachother’s families.

The other night DH made Chicken Limone (lemon chicken). It was good, but I think next time we’ll not use Italian bread crumbs and use panko instead. He’d also put some fresh basil in. I think those tastes were too much for that particular dish, which (imo) is better simple. I loved the lemon flavor, though!

He also made this fall dish I was going to tell you guys about it, I think some of you would like it. We all loved it. Found on IG. Here’s the recipe: https://healthyishfoods.com/one-pan-fall-dinner/

Today is our anniversary so we are going out for dinner tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday! 🐥

Oh, forgot to say. I had a great find yesterday at a thrift store we stopped in. (I love those, looking around relaxes me!) Something I’ve always wanted - a Bose radio. Usually they’re not for sale, but I got it for a really good price. And I found a nice spot for it in my kitchen. So that made me happy yesterday. It came with instructions and a remote. The lady in the store knew how to operate it so she showed me. The only reason she hadn’t kept it is because she already had one! So good day yesterday! Lol.

IMG_3829.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter