Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Footballmouse did you try the mucinex and arm and hammer saline spray?
I did switch back over to the Mucinex over the weekend. My head isn't stuffy so I don't think I need the spray any more. The dr's office called back right before lunch and apologized for fogetting to call the inhaler in last week (I thought we just discussed it). We discussed what annoying cough meant and she agreed my cough wasn't annoying, it is a deep cough. We're going to wait until after Thanksgiving and move on to X-rays if it isn't better.

Last edited:
I called the Lions Club about all the extra stuff here, and they are coming tomorrow to take it all away. I have 2 walkers, 2 commodes, an over the toilet support thing, a large fancy bed guard rail, and a wheelchair. I'd rather have someone use it that needs it, than just throw it away. Also found another 3 full oxygen tanks buried in the cellar so they are coming to take those tomorrow.

I know people mean well, but I don't want to spend Thanksgiving with anyone. It's too soon. I've had 2 managers from where Don worked invite me, Summer said she would bring me dinner and eat with me, and now my sister in law and niece just told me they are cooking and bringing everything here. I politely declined all of them. I'm just not up to it. I want to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it, and not have company. I may break with tradition and put the tree up that day. Or I may just sit and watch movies or tv all day, or sleep.

Maybe by Christmas I'll feel up to being good company to people, but it's not going to be this Thanksgiving.
Summer finally came and took the boxes of canned goods, fresh foods, coats and other things that she was supposed to take last week. I almost had a clean kitchen and dining room, now it looks like a medical supply store, lol
We may get some freezing rain overnight, ICK!

Feel better @footballmouse

Have a nice evening

I did switch back over to the Mucinex over the weekend. My head isn't stuffy so I don't think I need the spray any more. The dr's office called back right before lunch and apologized for fogetting to call the inhaler in last week (I thought we just discussed it). We discussed what annoying cough meant and she agreed my cough wasn't annoying, it is a deep cough. We're going to wait until after Thanksgiving and move on to X-rays if it isn't better.
This gucky stuff starts in the head and goes all the way down the respiratory track into the lungs. It’s what causes headaches, sinus pressure, sore throat, and cough. It’s very thick and hard to get rid of. My ENT said it was the thing that was causing people to get intubated during Covid. It’s still around, somehow, even when people aren’t testing positive.

Anyway, what the saline spray does, when you follow the directions, is start to clean it out. It is really gross. But you spray it up your nose to get to the stuff in the back of your nose and throat and it flows out your nose. Eew, I know. So once that part moves and dislodges, the rest of it - including the part of it that goes down to the lungs and causes the cough - also starts to move around and come out. It’s sort of like going in and starting to dig a ditch, eventually more gets flowing. It’s the same principle. Because otherwise with this guck, you can cough and cough and it doesn’t do anything - like normally a cough brings stuff up. This stuff is so sticky and gucky it won’t move.

The mucinex or robitussin also helps thin it out, as does hydration, and even a hot shower or dehumidifier. The inhaler might help, too, as might flonase and Flovent. It’s just really tough to deal with. This is going around everywhere, btw. I think DD has it now, too. Ugh. Anyway, hope that helps. Using the spray you have to be very aggressive with it. Just a little does nothing. You have to really spray it in there so it pushes this stuff out your nose. The first time I did it I gagged with all of it coming out. But it was the first relief I had. Good luck. It’s worth a try.

https://www.forbes.com/health/body/how-to-get-rid-of-phlegm/

I called the Lions Club about all the extra stuff here, and they are coming tomorrow to take it all away. I have 2 walkers, 2 commodes, an over the toilet support thing, a large fancy bed guard rail, and a wheelchair. I'd rather have someone use it that needs it, than just throw it away. Also found another 3 full oxygen tanks buried in the cellar so they are coming to take those tomorrow.

I know people mean well, but I don't want to spend Thanksgiving with anyone. It's too soon. I've had 2 managers from where Don worked invite me, Summer said she would bring me dinner and eat with me, and now my sister in law and niece just told me they are cooking and bringing everything here. I politely declined all of them. I'm just not up to it. I want to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it, and not have company. I may break with tradition and put the tree up that day. Or I may just sit and watch movies or tv all day, or sleep.

Maybe by Christmas I'll feel up to being good company to people, but it's not going to be this Thanksgiving.
Summer finally came and took the boxes of canned goods, fresh foods, coats and other things that she was supposed to take last week. I almost had a clean kitchen and dining room, now it looks like a medical supply store, lol
We may get some freezing rain overnight, ICK!

Feel better @footballmouse

Have a nice evening
I can completely understand that, Lynn. I agree that people mean well. But you should just do whatever makes you feel most comfortable, and if that’s staying home and wrapping up in a blanket all day, there’s nothing wrong with that. You’re not one to stay that way for very long, so I don’t think they need to really be too worried about you. It’s just that you just had this traumatic experience and the loss of your husband, and it’s been a whirlwhind ever since. You need time to process it all and just be. People get so weird over the holidays.

Well we bagged 25 bags of leaves and sorted all the sticks and branches out this afternoon. Glad that’s done. The kid down the street was going to help me but turned out that DS and DD and I got it all done ourselves. A few of the neighbors said the house looked good with the new paint so that was nice. I went to the paint store today to look at the colors again. I found one which is very close to what we have now but is more the color I wanted. We’re going to think about it and see how the weather holds up over the next week or so. Either way, it looks nice and fresh and I could live with it as is, but I think I’d be happier with the other color. I didn’t ask DH to re-do it, but he offered. With the spray gun, it’s probably a couple of hours of work, maybe less. (We only paint the front here,) Still, a bit of a pain. The guy at the paint store is super unfriendly.

We have Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes cooking in the oven. We made it from a recipe we found on IG. It smells really good and I can’t wait until it’s done, I’m starving! (Will add a picture here later.) Having a quiet evening tonight before going into a work stretch starting tomorrow through Thanksgiving. I shopped this morning for everything we needed for Thanksgiving at the relatives and we always make our own dinner, too, over the weekend. I will get to have some of the holiday with my family, as will DD and DS. DD was actually scheduled for all three holidays, as was DS, which stinks. Normal practice is to give at least one whole holiday off but it gets messed up some years, and is what it is. Glad we went to WDW for XMas last year, as this year is a bust as far as holidays go, but we will get to do XMas Eve with the family, at least. (Hoping DS can make it. He doesn’t mind working all of them as it’s time and a half and helps pay for his flight lessons.)

Enjoy the evening, 🐥

IMG_4919.jpeg

Last edited:
So what do you think I will do?????????
Well if you bet your quarter on me doing the grocery list then you placed a good bet. 😄
I watched that Saturday afternoon. They only released 1/2 of the last season, so 4 episodes. The other 1/2 comes out in December. It was good. I do think it was a combination of being chased and the driver had been drinking that caused the crash. I don't know how they can verify things but if the Paris situation did go the way they portrayed it, then Dodi and his dad were also to blame, they should have just left her alone 🙁. I often wonder what she would have been like nowadays.
I watched the accident episode today. Was as heart wrenching as it was back when it really happened.

I went to the grocery store this morning. The parking lot was packed but inside the store was not too bad. I bought enough to hopefully get us through to next week. I used to like going to the grocery store on Black Friday because it was fairly empty but not so anymore.

@ Pea-n-me The chicken dish sounds good. Do you have a recipe? I hope you work stretch isn't too crazy.

Good morning. It is 20 degrees here right now. Brrrr! It is only supposed to get near 40 today. My cough seems a bit better today. I did salt therapy yesterday so I think that helped. My head seems clearer, the gunk is a bit looser and moving out.

My condo complex has a meeting tonight that the builder called. He will be there with his attorneys. People believed he called it for this week thinking people will be away for the holiday or getting ready. He is wrong. People are gathering and getting their questions ready. I did look into this builder before I bought and did not find alot. However, someone found alot of info about him with other towns. He really is a piece of work. I like the complex, the layout of the condo, the location, and the people. However, if I had known what the builder was like, I would not have bought here. I asked when I bought if they were going to grade the area just behind my condo. I was told they were not done with it and it would be graded. Well, they lied. That is one of the issues with the conservation commission. The builder does not want to do it now because it is expensive. If he did it in the beginning it would not have been. My kids tell me this is not unusual for builders these days. I know I could have bought something already built and had issues so I guess it is a no win situation. At least the town and everyone living here are on the same page as far as holding the builder responsible before he leaves town.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good rainy morning. At least it's not the freezing rain or snow showers they said we might get. I'm heading for the market shortly, for a few things. Not going near a store tomorrow, or Friday. I'm not up to dealing with crowds right now. I bought 2 nice wire shelves from Walmart which came yesterday. I was going to replace the falling down pantry things in the cellar. I put one rack together, and if that thing would hold 100 lbs I'd be surprised, it says it can hold 1000, lol. I took it apart, boxed it back up, printed out my QR codes online and they are going back today. I'll order a pantry cabinet from Wayfair and put it together myself, and have Summer help me with the doors, since they all say it takes 2 people. I am NOT paying $114 to have Wayfair put it together for me, lol.

Calling for rain all day, matches my mood I guess.

Have a nice Tuesday!

1700566444800.png

Of course, @Snowysmom! Happy to share.

It’s interesting because when we make a recipe, sometimes we change it up a bit next time. The one we made last night was good, but we were talking about how we’d make it so we’d like it better, and for that, I think we’ll try something more like this recipe (possibly without the water).

(I had searched around last night after dinner for different versions of this meal, out of curiosity.)

https://themodernnonna.com/greek-lemon-chicken-potatoes/

But the one we made was good, just sort of strong on spices, some of which we don’t use much, like thyme. The other things were that a) the ingredients were listed in a weird way (decimal points - like, how do you get .67 medium lemons?) and b) we doubled it. So there was some guessing. While we ate we were trying to figure out which spice it was that was a little strong, and what we’d do differently, etc. We thought it was maybe too much oregano, or thyme, or paprika or even hot pepper flakes. Still not exactly sure, and we may have messed up, lol. But we’ll forego the oregano and thyme next time (or use very little), but add parsley instead, and ease up on the paprika and may or may not add the red pepper flakes (which added a little heat, which we like, actually).

So I’ll post it here below, but wanted to just explain that. Honestly, this is pretty simple to make with just chicken, olive oil, lemon juice and lemons, maybe a little rind for stronger lemon flavor, garlic, salt, pepper and maybe some parsley - unless you like more of the other spices. I think we’ll be making this more often. I did like the way it was cooked, baked for an hour then the cover off for 15 mins. Chicken was falling apart and potatoes cooked perfectly, with a nice glaze. (We did use the parchment paper with tinfoil.) I love my string beans and was craving them with garlic and cranberries (couldn’t wait for Thursday!) so we added those, too.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out if you make it!

(This is the recipe we used.)

IMG_5761.jpeg

IMG_5758.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

Good rainy morning. At least it's not the freezing rain or snow showers they said we might get. I'm heading for the market shortly, for a few things. Not going near a store tomorrow, or Friday. I'm not up to dealing with crowds right now. I bought 2 nice wire shelves from Walmart which came yesterday. I was going to replace the falling down pantry things in the cellar. I put one rack together, and if that thing would hold 100 lbs I'd be surprised, it says it can hold 1000, lol. I took it apart, boxed it back up, printed out my QR codes online and they are going back today. I'll order a pantry cabinet from Wayfair and put it together myself, and have Summer help me with the doors, since they all say it takes 2 people. I am NOT paying $114 to have Wayfair put it together for me, lol.

Calling for rain all day, matches my mood I guess.

Have a nice Tuesday!

View attachment 812345
That made me chuckle a little. 😆 It’s good that returns are fairly easy today. But I don’t blame you if they’re flimsy.

Good morning.⛈️

Working from home today again. I was going to try to go in tomorrow, starting to feel guilty working from home so much with being sick. Luckily I had a meeting with my boss this morning and he said that since so many people won't be in tomorrow to just work from home. I'll take it!🙂

Started my Xmas shopping. I'm finished with Mia, Evan, and Baily. Last thing I have to buy them is their zoo membership 🐘, I'll do that on Friday. I always renew Jacob and Mitchell's AAA membership 🚗 so I got that set up to be paid Friday. I'm going to hit up Kohl's for a couple of hoodies for Jacob this weekend possibly. I have a Xmas account at my work's credit union and since I won't be in the office this week I called and confirmed that they will mail a check 💰. That's getting sent out today so hopefully I'll have that Friday.

I'm going to run up to the pharmacy later to pick up my inhaler. I might try to stop at Kroger while I'm out. I haven't left the house since Saturday morning and I do need to pick up some things. I guess I need to make myself look presentable which will probably be to get out of my pajamas, brush my teeth and put a baseball hat on.😎

Lynxstch - holidays are rough 😞. Yesterday was the anniversary of when my dad passed away (13 yrs. ago) and I remember that we definitely did not get together that Thanksgiving. We did for Xmas but I think we did it just for the little ones. Take your time getting back to seeing people, you need to have time to yourself to grieve or just remember happier times. Hopefully people will understand.

Have a great day.:wave:

Last edited:
Dumping down the rain and the temp is only 37. Walmart was a zoo, I can't imagine how it will be tomorrow. Between all the boxes shrink wrapped for Friday in the middle of every main aisle, the walmart people picking up groceries for the pick up orders, and people standing there gawking at things, it took forever. Aldi's wasn't bad at all. I returned the wire racks to Walmart and already have the refund back in my bank account. I got home and the Lions Club guy called and asked if he could come tomorrow when it wasn't raining. I hate to tell him , but the forecast is for showers tomorrow too. I had several Amazon pkgs and a couple of others on the front porch. I have a headache and my throat is scratchy. Going to put stuff away and make a cup of tea and lay down for a little while. It's a dismal gray, blah kind of day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter