• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Awww, to Toto! Definitely keep dogs and also kids safe even in movies! I quite agree, Pea!

Someone in the building next door is being awfully loud. I still can't decide if he is really in the apartment or on TV, The other night this same loud obnoxious voice for a good half an hour kept yelling "Rock, Paper, Scissors," followed by either "Jump" or "Go" Never did figure out which. That led me to think it was an exercise video. Right now, same loud voice just jabbering on and on and on. Oh well, at least the very real workers are not here yet. For weeks it seems in the building next door in an apartment right across from mine, there has been horrible noise coming from the bathroom. Drilling, banging, all kinds of racket! I don't understand and my Dad does not either what they possibly could still be doing in such a small (we are guessing the size is similar to ours) bathroom.

Wishing everyone a quiet and peaceful Wednesday! :)

Happy belated birthday Caseheidi. I hope you had a nice day.

I have been banned from watching any TV shows or movies with animals. I used to sob while watching Lassie on Sunday nights. My mother finally told me that I could no longer watch animal shows. I remember one show where I was crying because Lassie was chasing a freezer truck down the road that had a dog in the freezer. The dog went in to get food and the driver locked the door not knowing the dog was in there. Even though I knew the dog would be safe in the end, I cried like a baby! Like pea n me, I cried when they took away Toto in the Wizard of Oz.

It is still hot here, around 90, but not quite as hot as yesterday. I still have to do my walk later. The dog had his walk earlier and is napping now.

Happy Wednesday.

Earlier this week I thought today after work would be a great time to go pick up a grocery order.
Now the thought of driving a hour r/t after work to go pick up groceries doesn't seem so appealing!
I'll suck it up and go, and at least I'll have half & half in the morning :rolleyes2
Which brings me to dinner. Have nothing planned, so told the taller half it was a pick up meal kinda evening, not sure what he's going to pick (I told him to pick something), but I did hear some mumbling about wings.
Youngest son had two wisdom teeth pulled this morning, apparently that went okay and he's feeling alright. I'm sure he'll be feeling it later today! He's got off tomorrow & Friday and last night I caught him conspiring with his father to go out on the boat tomorrow or Friday!
I got a wonderful email last night, along with some photos, from the young couple that adopted one of our foster dogs last Christmas. We got her directly from a puppy mill and the poor thing was skin & bones, wracked with fleas & worms. To timid to really interact, didn't know how to play with toys. No vet records, although it was evident she had undergone a c-section at some point in her breeding career. Anyway, named her after my great grandmother - a quiet woman of strong mettle - and long story short we got her to a fighting weight, to the vet and spayed, house trained her, got her used to the home life of a spoiled mutt and she was ready to go to her new home! And her new home also had a bulldog and they took to each other like litter mates! Anyway, we got a update and she's doing fantastic, which was really gratifying to hear.

I've been watching our 10 day forecast for the past week or so. I think, it's still hot & humid, and will be for a while yet - but dare I say I think the actual highs are starting to creep down? I'm over August, lets go September & October!

Me too!

There is actually a website where you can vet movies before you see them:

https://www.doesthedogdie.com/does-the-dog-die

https://www.awesomeinventions.com/does-the-dog-die-website/
This is great, I didn’t know about these, either! Thank you!
Hers was from scratch.....his boxed (since is just learning the stirring thing) and the frosting :sick: )
She learned what kneading is and used the pastry blender for the first time.
What a great gift - learning to bake, with you! Scratch, mix, doesn’t matter - seeing the end product is inspirational! My DH taught DD to bake and decorate and she is quite good at it now! She even sold some products she made when she was in HS. (And never had much time in college though people still asked.) I tried to teach DS to learn to cook but I’d turn around and he’d be gone! :lmao: I think my mother spoiled him living here and making him whatever he wanted, day or night. :lovestruc However his girlfriend now is teaching him to cook and he seems to get into it more with her.

Earlier this week I thought today after work would be a great time to go pick up a grocery order.
Now the thought of driving a hour r/t after work to go pick up groceries doesn't seem so appealing!
I'll suck it up and go, and at least I'll have half & half in the morning :rolleyes2
Which brings me to dinner. Have nothing planned, so told the taller half it was a pick up meal kinda evening, not sure what he's going to pick (I told him to pick something), but I did hear some mumbling about wings.
Youngest son had two wisdom teeth pulled this morning, apparently that went okay and he's feeling alright. I'm sure he'll be feeling it later today! He's got off tomorrow & Friday and last night I caught him conspiring with his father to go out on the boat tomorrow or Friday!
I got a wonderful email last night, along with some photos, from the young couple that adopted one of our foster dogs last Christmas. We got her directly from a puppy mill and the poor thing was skin & bones, wracked with fleas & worms. To timid to really interact, didn't know how to play with toys. No vet records, although it was evident she had undergone a c-section at some point in her breeding career. Anyway, named her after my great grandmother - a quiet woman of strong mettle - and long story short we got her to a fighting weight, to the vet and spayed, house trained her, got her used to the home life of a spoiled mutt and she was ready to go to her new home! And her new home also had a bulldog and they took to each other like litter mates! Anyway, we got a update and she's doing fantastic, which was really gratifying to hear.

I've been watching our 10 day forecast for the past week or so. I think, it's still hot & humid, and will be for a while yet - but dare I say I think the actual highs are starting to creep down? I'm over August, lets go September & October!
Awesome about the foster dog, so glad! The dog I am looking at was found living on the streets. She seems very sweet, though she still lives mainly outside, in a dog house. I hope we can give her a home. She’ll be coming from Asia, though. Trying to figure out now if there’s a way to get her here safely. :worried: Or at all.

That is so nice, Pea. I am glad they get to do that :) Thank you, for trying to rescue a doggie in need.

Meriweather, it really is awesome that you and your husband are sharing different skills with your grandkids. My own grandparents were so special to me. Time spent with them was precious as is I am sure with you and your grandkids and vice versa :)

Happy late birthday @Caseheidi.

Another great beach day today. DGD loves being in the water.

Tonight DS and his wife fixed shrimp and grits for dinner, delicious.

I often use the website doesthedogdie. It works for books too. I can’t read about dogs dying.

Trying to get a family photo tonight. Not sure if the 3 year old will cooperate.

I hope you get a good photo, Carol :)

Our thread was halfway down so posting now to prevent further slipping!

Wednesday extra gratitude:

I received (within only 3 days) the replacement pajamas! Thank you all for encouraging me to pursue that. On Friday my Dad will mail back the defective bottoms+ a new top to make a complete set.

Dad was able to get to a Dollar Tree this morning and got some things we needed from there. Post plague, I sure will never take a seemingly simple trip there for granted again!

Reading how some of you are helping dogs always warms my heart :)

Happy Belated Birthday @Caseheidi

@Breezy_Carol sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation with your family.

@Pea-n-Me I hope you are able to get the dog you're trying to rescue.

@flyingdumbo127 glad you go your replacement pjs so fast.

@Meriweather I love what you and DH are doing with your grandkids.

QOTD Tues August 11-- Do you all cook/bake from scratch, or from recipes , or do you take the easy way out most of the time? If you have favorite old time family recipes, could you share one of them with the rest of us?

I am a recipe cook/baker. I mean there are some things I make so much I don't need a recipe anymore but I'm not creative when it comes to cooking...like at all. LOL I can't just look at what I have and create something, I have to shop for ingredients for a specific thing or else things just sit in my cabinet forever. I also do a lot of casserole or one pot type dishes. I don't care for meals that have too many steps to them. I'm just to lazy, I guess. :laughing: I do a lot of from scratch baking though unless I know I won't have a lot of time and just need a sweet fix fast, then I will go with a mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter