• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Aw I love this thread! I’ve been on the Dis since 2008, when I was in college and planning a trip with ex boyfriend.
Now, I’m happily married with 20+ Disney trips, a Disney bachelorette and Orlando wedding under my belt. I work in PR for colleges and universities (so this is a fascinating time for my work), and my husband owns a small business. We both already WFH full time, so this time hasn’t been a huge adjustment for us. Just the two of us for now but adding for sure a puppy soon and hopefully human children as well!
My comfort food is baked Mac and cheese! I have a base recipe that I can adapt based on what’s in the fridge. Bonus if I have the ingredients for a cheesy garlic bread also—can never have enough cheese!

Question for 3/16-17: What is your comfort food? Is something you developed or something from your childhood. If you have recipe please share! We can all use some comfort and maybe variety for us!

I have to say that my one main comfort food, has to be homemade mashed potatoes. I could eat a bowl full of the. Add some homemade meatloaf to that, and it would be one of my perfect meal choices. Good thing today is St Patricks Day, as it will be corned beef, cabbage, comfort food potatoes, and maybe some sliced carrots. I am just loving this thread, so thanks again for starting it Tina!
Happy St Patricks Day to my DIS family!

Question for 3/16-17: What is your comfort food? Is something you developed or something from your childhood. If you have recipe please share! We can all use some comfort and maybe variety for us!

Does coffee count? When I'm stressed, I really love that coffee smell and feel of a warm cup in my hand!

But for actual food, I think probably pizza - thick crust pan pizza.

Yesterday's dinner was chicken fajitas with Spanish rice and black beans. My wife and I did some shopping for my parents to make sure they had food for about two weeks, they I watched some Simpsons on Disney+ with the son and his gf.

Today's breakfast is St. Patrick's Day edition Lucky Charms, followed by ... I dunno, maybe some yogurt. Haven't decided yet. Dinner is sheppard's pie. It is gray and drizzling, which I think is an appropriate choice of weather to follow the Irish theme of the day.

My wife found that the squirrels broke our bird feeder sometime overnight. :rolleyes:

After I'm done working, I've got a pulpit committee meeting (our pastor is retiring at the end of April and we need to find a new one) this evening, but it's going to be remote.

Last edited:

Chocolate, cheese, and salty snacks. Goldfish and Cheez-its are two of the three in one snack. I don't think chocolate covered Goldfish would be any good, though...

Our neighborhood is doing this thing somebody found on facebook where we hide a shamrock in a window and then then neighborhood families walk around doing a St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt to find them.

Um, but walking at least 6 feet apart ;)

I have to say that my one main comfort food, has to be homemade mashed potatoes. I could eat a bowl full of the. Add some homemade meatloaf to that, and it would be one of my perfect meal choices. Good thing today is St Patricks Day, as it will be corned beef, cabbage, comfort food potatoes, and maybe some sliced carrots. I am just loving this thread, so thanks again for starting it Tina!
Happy St Patricks Day to my DIS family!
I was going to say mashed potatoes, gravy and meatloaf, too. :) No, I didn't grow up in the Midwest, why do you ask?? :rolleyes1 :p :rotfl:

Ooo, in normal times I make this awesome trail mix.

Peanuts ( can use salted or honey)
Honey Nut Chex
Mini Pretzels
Cheez its (or Goldfish)
M&M's

You can add raisins ( :scared: ), dried fruit, different nuts, pumpkin seeds, etc. I only make it a couple times a year because it's pretty pricey! I may have to go to the store and get the ingredients today.

Loved The Eyre Affair! So different. Did you know it's a series?

I knew there was a second one, but not an entire series! I've just looked on Amazon and put the whole thing on my book list! Thank you! :)

obstacle courses, hide the thimble (sub any small toy and give “hot and cold” clues), you tube videos of kids' exercise songs, “How many things can you do with a ____?” ( like for books - besides reading, you can build bridges with them, search for the letters in your name, trace the pictures...)

I found some preschool suggestions for my niece and nephew here as well:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10YkQTexltRDUuH_uhYvVcAU5vDwWkkI2/view
Thank you for all of that! My son isn't really a "sit-down-and-do-worksheets" kid, but he absorbs like a sponge by watching educational stuff and doing hands-on activities. It's good; at least we can be active and not sit on our butts. My plan today was to pull out the Scavenger Hunt cards that we gave him for Christmas. There's one deck for around the house, one for outside, and one for in the car.

So today, only 4 kids at his preschool. Even the daycare kids weren't there. So I have a feeling this is it. We had him take green carnations to each of the teachers today, and he wore his "Irish" shirt and sparkly bow tie. I cried when I got back in the car. I pray that they will be able to go back before the school year ends - I know this is selfish and it's "only" preschool, but they have a whole graduation ceremony and while that will make me bawl like a baby, I want to see it. I'm sad that they will miss out on the Easter egg hunt...I hope this won't last until Mother's Day; last year they did a little celebration with the kids doing a singing program (doing songs like "M-O-M-M-Y" to the tune of Bingo) and then we got to have a small breakfast with them. It was so sweet!

Okay, I'm not being very lighthearted today. So, my comfort food...well, that changes often. Something Italian or Chinese, perhaps. Ice cream. If it's bad for me, it makes me feel better :)

Comfort food: Pizza. I grew up in Buffalo NY and although we are known for our wings,we also have really great pizza with cup-and-char pepperoni. It was one of the few foods we ate that my mom didn't cook as we had a limited income for eating out. Even though I can't get that same great pizza here in CA, I make it my mission to find acceptable pizza wherever I live.

I am currently listening to the book The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern- I loved her last book, The Night Circus, but I just cannot get into this one, it is written so beautifully, but it doesn't seem to have any discernible plot and I seem to be making no progress even though I feel like I have been listening to it forever. I have a couple more books from the library downloaded, so I think I am going to move on for now.

Wish me luck......going to Costco today.
We'll see how many things on my list I can get. I have DD and DDIL's lists too.
Might turn into an all day project.

Also hope to finish getting the Easter decorations up.....we do not celebrate St P's day anymore

Reading through this thread I realize I had too many comfort foods. I do WW so don't eat many of them often. My list would include Cheez-Its, pizza, cheese, pretzels, cheese curls (see a theme here), donuts, ice cream.

Thank you for this thread!!!! All the news gives me anxiety plus we are in the middle of relocating.
I limit the amount of news I can watch for the same reason.

I just read a book called 999 The Extraordinary Young Women - it was amazing, at times I had to put it down & walk away.

Currently Reading a new Clive Cussler paperback called Celtic Empire, almost done. Usual Cussler fare, fun read.

I have Chesapeake Requiem waiting for me next- about the waterman on Tangier Island. Looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter