Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

My grandfather always had peppermint Life Savers to share. Hadn’t thought about that in ages, thanks!

With my great grandmother it was always peppermint candies too. This answer brought up a funny /gross memory. My grandmother and great grandmother lived together, and my grandmother was a piano teacher, and they had a baby grand piano in the living room. My great grandmother was always chewing gum, usually one called Feenamint (wow that really is an old one), and she would stick it underneath the piano when she was done chewing it, and open a new piece. If you ever looked under the piano, all you would see there were gobs of that gum stuck all over the place ! Gross, but true!

This conversation reminds me - I have two or three pkgs of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups in my freezer due to a discussion we had about chocolate bars vs. peanut butter cups in s'mores....but we never took the conversation to it's final ending and never made the s'mores that way! I think I have an idea for this weekend 😆
In cleaning the fridge door shelves I found a tea flavoured chocolate bar, 3 Snicker mini bars, a Chunky, and several pillow chocolates from WDW. Since none of the house's chocolate eaters can "see" them (the man put a new bag of Milky Way bars in the freezer Monday 🤷‍♀️) I'm commandeering the chocolate bars for outdoor smores.
Hey, out of your sight and onto my food usage list it goes;).

Oh and the man just accused me of hiding the mustard which also is conveniently located on the same door shelf as the chocolates :lmao:.

Oh and the man just accused me of hiding the mustard which also is conveniently located on the same door shelf as the chocolate

In our house we refer to that as "the hand broke"...as in Person 1 goes to the fridge/laundry room/bathroom wherever - and can't find the thing he was looking for, whereas Person 2 can yell from another room to tell Person 1 "it's in the top of the fridge, on the left, by the mayo"

You see, The Hand Broke - the one that should have reached out of thin air to hand Person 1 the stuff they were looking for but didn't really look that hard for!

With my great grandmother it was always peppermint candies too. This answer brought up a funny /gross memory. My grandmother and great grandmother lived together, and my grandmother was a piano teacher, and they had a baby grand piano in the living room. My great grandmother was always chewing gum, usually one called Feenamint (wow that really is an old one), and she would stick it underneath the piano when she was done chewing it, and open a new piece. If you ever looked under the piano, all you would see there were gobs of that gum stuck all over the place ! Gross, but true!
She had "digestion problems" as they used to say; Feenamint is for constipation.

I love chocolate. Every day I have a square or 2 of dark chocolate, usually 88% cacao. So rich and so yummy. It keeps me from craving any more sweets or chocolate. I used to eat way too many M&Ms or milk chocolate bars. But since I've lost weight I mainly stick with the dark chocolate in small amounts. When we are on vacation I let myself indulge a bit in candy like fudge or caramels.

Ya'll start talking about candy and sweets and I show up!! We all know I have sweet tooth but really can take or leave candy.
If I'm in the store and want candy, I'll pick skittles original flavored every time over anything else. I love chocolate bars with toffee in it
or dark chocolate squares. I do have pick up few trader joes chocolate with cookie butter when I'm in the store.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm home and tired but happy to be home. My BIL is going home tomorrow. I'm thinking he just happy to be here LOL and after week at his house I understand! My mom was tested for Covid on Thursday and came back negative but 4 residents tested positive and asymptomatic! They will be testing everyone again next week. My niece (in the same town as my mom) is home with pneumonia as she and several of her friends are all sick. Gosh all so scary.

I made green chile enchilada casserole yesterday with black beans and rice and tonight is quiche and fruit. My poor BIL is confused that people actually use their kitchen for meals. I did leave them various forms of foods for prep in their freezer. They have their hands full with my SIL 9 months pregnant and having 3 babies under age 5.

Other than that it's been beautiful here. We are staying to ourselves here mostly branching out here and there but not really. It's crazy to think it's been 3 months of this thread. I'm so glad you all are still here! Thank you.

Now to read back and see how everyone is doing!

I love Cadbury mini eggs, but they are only around for a few months each year. Otherwise, a few squares of a chocolate bar is a nice snack.

I did curbside pick ups for our groceries and an order from Penney's. Very handy!

When I was in about 9th grade I read My Antonia for the first time. I've been wanting to read it again, so I put it on my Kindle and started it yesterday.

Hope everyone has a nice Tues.

Ya'll start talking about candy and sweets and I show up!! We all know I have sweet tooth but really can take or leave candy.
If I'm in the store and want candy, I'll pick skittles original flavored every time over anything else. I love chocolate bars with toffee in it
or dark chocolate squares. I do have pick up few trader joes chocolate with cookie butter when I'm in the store.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm home and tired but happy to be home. My BIL is going home tomorrow. I'm thinking he just happy to be here LOL and after week at his house I understand! My mom was tested for Covid on Thursday and came back negative but 4 residents tested positive and asymptomatic! They will be testing everyone again next week. My niece (in the same town as my mom) is home with pneumonia as she and several of her friends are all sick. Gosh all so scary.

I made green chile enchilada casserole yesterday with black beans and rice and tonight is quiche and fruit. My poor BIL is confused that people actually use their kitchen for meals. I did leave them various forms of foods for prep in their freezer. They have their hands full with my SIL 9 months pregnant and having 3 babies under age 5.

Other than that it's been beautiful here. We are staying to ourselves here mostly branching out here and there but not really. It's crazy to think it's been 3 months of this thread. I'm so glad you all are still here! Thank you.

Now to read back and see how everyone is doing!

Glad to hear you are back home and your mom tested negative. I hope she stays healthy.

A sweet question for today: What is your favorite type of candy? 🍬

How about each of you? Do you have a sweet tooth for candy? :)

Mmmm....candy. I like all kinds of candies...I'm not really picky when it comes to stuff to eat. LOL Like all kinds of chocolate, white chocolate is my least fav. I LOVE See's candy chocolates...I think they only have shops in California. European chocolate is really good, if I see that in a store when I'm in the mood for chocolate I will choose that over American candy bars. I don't like coconut so I don't like Almond Joy or Mounds. As for non chocolate, I really like gummy worms especially from Target, the Market Pantry brand are really good. Starburst, especially pink and red...lol and red vines...yum.

In cleaning the fridge door shelves I found a tea flavoured chocolate bar, 3 Snicker mini bars, a Chunky, and several pillow chocolates from WDW. Since none of the house's chocolate eaters can "see" them (the man put a new bag of Milky Way bars in the freezer Monday 🤷‍♀️) I'm commandeering the chocolate bars for outdoor smores.
Hey, out of your sight and onto my food usage list it goes;).

Oh and the man just accused me of hiding the mustard which also is conveniently located on the same door shelf as the chocolates :lmao:.

Funny because the same thing happens at our house....LOL Something will be right in front of hubby's face and he still won't see it. If there is something we know he will eat all of before we get a chance to eat any, my daughter and I say we'll "hide" it by putting something in front it....:laughing:

So after our furniture buying this weekend, our stupid washer decided to die today...🤦‍♀️ Its a front loader we got from a family member after they got a new set so it is older and has been going downhill for awhile now, so we'll be getting a new one now. Geesh....lol Pretty soon almost every appliance we have will be brand new. Our fridge is a year or two old, our oven was replaced in Nov and we just bought a new dishwasher a last month or so. Super thankful we are finally in a place where we can afford to replace these things without putting us in a bind.

Last edited:
:hug: Good to see you Tina. Please do take care and get some rest!

Oh no, I'm sorry, AuntieMe3 about your washer.

So funny how you ladies "hide" sweets :d

Tuesday gratitude:

A nice phone call this morning with an elderly church friend Sue (I try to look out for especially now, elderly congregants), who was able to share with me the wonderful news that her dear friend and neighbor (another church friend who was seriously, close to gravely ill in the hospital earlier this year) walked down the street to Sue's house yesterday all by herself with help from a cane. Praise God! I have a feeling her husband was keeping an eye on her the whole whole but wow what a great progress!

Talking with a couple other friends.

Clean floors, all Swiffer fresh

Welcome home Tina. Take a break for a minute.

Another candy I forgot was York Peppermint patties.

We went up to visit MIL today. DD and family met us there. We had the aide bring Nana onto the screened porch and we visited through the screen, 6 feet away, and she met her 8th great-grand-child. It was nice weather and Nana is reluctant to leave her room but enjoyed the fresh air and visit. After we went to a playground for the 3 year old.

DS was tested for COVID 19 after having to deal with demonstrators in DC and it came back negative, so that was good news.

Just finished Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain. It was very good. I couldn't put it down.

Dinner was BOGO salads from a local carry out. Cheap, easy and yummy.

I LOVE See's candy chocolates...I think they only have shops in California.
They sell them at the mall near us in Delaware at Christmas. Always have free samples. I recently learned they were form CA and not local.

And sorry about your washer.

So funny how you ladies "hide" sweets :d
My mom was funny like that. After my dad had lost weight and she was trying to be supportive, she hid chocolate chips in the basement and would snack on them when she went down there to do laundry.

Gratitudes:
Nice visit with MIL and getting to see her meet the newest family member.
Knowing that DS is COVID free.
Beautiful weather we are having.

Love the hidden chocolate chip story, Breezy Carol! Aww, God Bless your Nana! So glad she got to meet her 8th great grand child, wow!

I forgot to say earlier, AuntieMe3, there is a Sees Candy about half an hour or so from me on the way to the airport. I've heard that many years ago this location used to offer tours for school kids. How fun would that have been? There may also be a smaller one in a local mall and IIRC, another further out in a different direction, all, of course in LA. I do remember my Grandma enjoyed Sees for sure.

Last edited:
. I LOVE See's candy chocolates...I think they only have shops in California
Ooooh I’ve had those! A family member brings them from the Sees store in Kansas City at Christmas. I know they also have a temporary pop up store in one of the big malls in Des Moines over the holidays. We also have a family member who got them there a few times. I had never even heard of them before that but they were delicious.

Good Morning Everyone :)

Thanks Grumpy's Gal for asking today's question which I'll answer in a second :)

:) Luckyrabbit thank you for providing a literally sweet video! Reminds me of a sweet in the same sense Touched by an Angel episode about a taffy factory. It was called Then Sings My Soul. I have not watched it in years but my memory of it was that it focused on the son of a taffy factory owner. The son had only making more money on his mind and I think was wanting to sell the factory which had been in his family forever and such a part of his late Dad's heart. All the employees their had grown to be a family and shared faith as well. The son and the workers finally "got" that the reason for their many years of success and friendship was, of course, God and that He had brought them all together to begin with and that they took time each day to recognize that and pray, give Him thanks. When that stopped, so, too did their bond with one another and sadly their feeling of connection to God. Of course God never stopped being connected to them! :) I'll have to watch it!

The last new person I met was probably the temporary Sparkletts driver last week. Our regular driver that we had for awhile quit. His replacement lasted maybe a few times at most. Last week we were surprised to learn he had also left the company. We'll see who comes next week.

Happy Wednesday to all!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter