Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Outside - Town with the neighbor kids. One pretended to own a karate center, another a firefighter, a gymnastics studio, etc. we rode our bikes, which had big orange flags 4 feet in the air for cars to see us. We would go house to house and visit the “stores”.
games - 1.) “ there’s a sale at the shoe store”....played with kids I babysat
2.) made blockades .......my dads favorite
3.) play your trump......card game with family played at picnics

Did you guess them ?

I googled ice breaker questions and found this one.....

QOTD - What was your favorite game to play as a child?

Mine would have to be an outdoor game. We used to play Freeze Tag as kids. And a made up game with neighborhood kids of "Goody Land and Baddy Land." And I remember red light green light, and red rover come over.

DH just went out for carry out. I am being lazy.

Red Light Green Light!

Another one we used to play was Easter Eggs. One person is the Easter Bunny, and everyone else gets a color. The EB comes over and 'knocks' and says "I'm the EB and I'm looking colored Easter eggs." Everyone goes "what color?" and the EB goes "XXXXX (color". Then the person who has that color has to run to a predetermined spot and back again without getting tagged. If they get tagged, they go into the 'basket' (another area) and have to wait there; if they don't get tagged, they come back and get a different color. Last one not tagged is the new EB.

Another big day. Picked up DH's new car. And, after some back and forth, settled on a price we are happy with for DH's office and it is under contract.:cool1: Fingers crossed it all goes well. It was only listed 2 weeks ago.

Tomorrow we got to DS's house for Father's Day and DD is coming too. I am excited to see everyone.

Dinner tonight is TBD. I was going to do hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill with deviled eggs but it's raining and with everything going on today, I don't feel like cooking. I offered DH chicken soup out of the freezer or carry out.

Gratitudes:
New car
Office under contract (This is our retirement money)
Family visit tomorrow.
Congratulations on the new car and the office... 🎉

It's been a crazy couple of days. DD#2 and GS#2 showed up on Thursday afternoon (we were going to pick them up Saturday morning but they chose to come early, as they went and got tested and came back negative). So, it's been 4 year old fun time. We went to the playground outside my apartment yesterday, and this morning, we went to our complex pool (no one was there for the majority of our time). We have a walk-in pool, and GS loved being able to walk in almost 1/3 the way (up to the 3 ft). He's learning to swim, so this is good for him. (I couldn't go in, my psoriasis has been acting up the last week.) I've only had time to duck on to Disb for a few minutes at a time; we're watching Wreck it ralph 2, so while GS is focused on that, I can type by myself, haha.

We had 'goulash' on Thursday (what my mom called goulash....elbow mac, Italian sausage, pasta sauce, onion); last night was hodge podge of ribeyes, hot and spicy breaded chicken wings (Publix!!!), chicken nuggets (for GS), roasted cauliflower and some buttered carrots (GS); fresh strawberry shortcake for dessert. DD says GS won't eat any veggies but peas, but he told her last night Mimi's carrots are his favorite. :woohoo: All I did was buy a box of the jolly green giant buttered carrots and cooked them in the microwave; he ate half the box! Tonight we're having the good NY style pizza place pizza (pepperoni for us, cheese for GS).

We picked up some pink lemonade blueberries at Fresh Market; they are pretty good. I think I'll make blueberry muffins tomorrow and throw them in. This morning, I made scrambled eggs with the leftover steak, peppers, onions and cheddar cheese.
Enjoy your time with your DD and GS!!:lovestruc

Mine would have to be an outdoor game. We used to play Freeze Tag as kids. And a made up game with neighborhood kids of "Goody Land and Baddy Land." And I remember red light green light, and red rover come over.

DH just went out for carry out. I am being lazy.
Not really a game but I used to LOVE riding my bike. My brother and I were the only kids on our street with bikes for a little while and so we used to let the other kids ride our bikes. We would have races and everyone would take turns on our two bikes. :laughing: We would have so much fun.

I also used to love that came where you had to put the shapes on the board before the timer when off and everything would pop up....can't remember the name. We didn't have the game but my moms friend did and I played every time we went over there.

Good question, Breezy Carol! Enjoy your takeout tonight :)

I also enjoyed red light green light and definitely remember red rover, as well! For outdoor games I loved hopscotch (I even had an indoor hopscotch plastic mat) 4 square and handball (with a red rubber ball). I never heard of Goody or Baddy Land! What are they?

My favorite indoor games were Uno and Monopoly (Lol, I had a little more game patience then for this often times super long game) I liked Memory Match game and Scrabble, too. I was most proud of my Atari 2600 because it was my first big purchase that I had saved for. Loved Qbert and Pac-Man.

Not sure what Atari we had but we LOVED playing our Atari...well it was my brother's Atari but he shared...lol I can't even remember what games we had but we had so much fun playing. And then years later, Nintendo and Sega...Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog....so fun.

We went out to dinner again last night with our friends, we went later on when we knew it wouldn't be too crowded. We waited like 5 minutes in our truck until our table was ready and there were only 2 other parties in our section of 12 tables. We love being with our friends so we really enjoyed it.

Hubby is heading out of town tomorrow for work so we decided to celebrate Father's Day today with his choice of dinner....he got a Carne Asada burrito and I got taquitos...so yummy...then we drove thru a ice cream place for hubby to get a banana split. DD is at my parents dog sitting for the weekend so its just the two of us enjoying a relaxing evening with our doggies watching TV. Wish i could go with my hubby but I have some things to take care of this week so I can't go. This time last year I had just got to Italy to visit hubby while he was there on business....:lovestruc can't wait to go back sometime.

I used to play with my cousins when I was younger and our preferred game was playing "House." Though I can't remember what role I had to play aside from being the person who was either a doctor and/or responsible for tea.

I am reminded of this one game that I loved -- Encarta's MindMaze.

When I was younger, parcheesi was a favorite. My grandmother and great grandmother taught me to play and we played a lot. I also liked playing monopoly (still do) and card games like solitaire, slap jack, war, etc. But my favorite thing to do when young was ride my bike. I would ride all over the neighborhood (it was safe to do it back then), go to the park, go to friends houses and just ride as much as I wanted. I had a Columbia bike my Dad bought me, it was turqouise colored, and had a push button bell on it, and I would just press that button over and over again as I rode by neighbors houses waving at them. Thanks for those memories @Bianca and Bernard

I also used to love that came where you had to put the shapes on the board before the timer when off and everything would pop up....can't remember the name. We didn't have the game but my moms friend did and I played every time we went over there.

I think that one was called Perfection?

I lived in neighborhoods with lots of kids, so lots of variations of tag and hide 'n seek. We had a favorite called Sardines, that was like hade 'n seek in reverse - one person hid while everyone counted. Then the counters split up and searched. If you found the hiding place, you squeezed in, too. Last person to find everyone was hider for the next round,

We also played one called “Giants, Elves, and Wizards” that was like a huge version of Rock, Paper, Scissors, with running. You divided into two teams, and set a center line between your two home bases. Each team would decide to be either giants, elves, or wizards, and everyone would go up to the center line. One the count of three, you would act out your teams' chosen character - hands up on tiptoes for giants, crouch down and make ears for elves, wave your hands around like you were casting a spell for wizards. Then one group would chase the other - giants beat elves, elves beat wizards, wizards beat giants. If you were caught before you got back to your home end, you were now on the other team.

As for indoor games, my brother and I played a lot of Clue at my grandmother's house, and my personal favorite asI got older was Trivial Pursuit. I also loved crafty toys - like Spirograph and those weaving Looms that made pot holders.

I never heard of Goody or Baddy Land! What are they?
Totally made up by my brother, my across the street neighbors, and me. This was 60 years ago. We would swing on the swing set in our yard and there was a line to jump over off the swing to make it into Good Land or Baddy Land, or something like that.

We also played SPUD outside. You can google it. There were several variations posted. Everyone gets a number. IT throws the ball straight up and calls a number. That person runs in to catch the ball while everyone runs away...and on and on.

When I was younger, parcheesi was a favorite.
I played a lot of Parcheesi with my Dad. Thanks for that memory. And for card games - War.

Plans for today changed. DS texted this morning that he has to work overtime so our get together is postponed until tomorrow. Luckily DH and I are retired, DD on maternity, and her husband a teacher off for the summer. DS and his wife are done work by 2.

Hope all our men folk had a nice Father’s Day!

Favorite game was Relievio! But loved anything outdoors!

@Breezy_Carol congrats on sale of business and new car!

@easyas123 not too familiar with a Maltese but we do have a Maltipoo in the family who is sweet. My best advice with small, cute dogs is to be sure to treat them like dogs, despite their cute appearance, because so many dogs get confused about that since messages are mixed from their people. If you’re thinking about a dog I strongly recommend purchasing Good Owners, Great Dogs, and other books by those authors. It’ll be the best thing you do to have a well-tempered, stable dog (besides picking out a good one!).

Happy official Father's Day to all Dad's and Father figures, too :) Happy Sunday, of course, to all!

I am so Blessed and thankful to God extra this sunny Sunday to be able to spend today with my Dad, both of us in great health and having what we need. He enjoyed his two new scrapbook albums this morning :)

Other Sunday Gratitude:

Thinking extra also of my beloved Grandpa in Heaven. He truly was my first Witness to Christ. I wish I had gotten that earlier when he was still living but so grateful to know that now!

A sweet text from two friends and a couple nice emails from others.

Of course, this day and always, but extra day because it is officially Father's Day, all my love and thanksgiving to God, My Heavenly Father!

Thanks! I’m all to familiar w/ dogs! (And that book) Currently on my 3rd Great Dane -grew up w/ English mastiffs and we are active volunteers for, and fosters for a bulldog rescue in the north east.....just saw off our third foster to her new home a few weeks ago. We are 100% dog folk haha!
my interest in the Maltese comes from our desire to start thinking about going smaller. Our current dogs are only 2 & 3, but aren’t very portable, and we like to travel. So we are just starting to think to the future and research much smaller pups.

I’m not good at attaching photos.... big yellow mutt is 3 year old Ladd, he was in shelter at 4 months old, we were told he was half mastiff and half Great Dane, and they asked us to take him since we had experienced w/ both breeds. Guess what- he wasn’t, ended up being 1/4 English bulldog, 3/4 staff. obviously he loves to swim! Grey gentle giant is my baby, Duke checking out a baby chick. Photo of 3 shows our most recent foster .

After online church and lunch we drove to Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge hoping to see some birds and turtles. We took and used bug spray but the flies were so bad we ended back in the car after about 100 ft walk. We drove the wildlife loop and saw a few animals and birds. Then on the way home we went to DD's house and had carry out Mexican for dinner and celebrated Father's Day. Tomorrow we try visiting DS again.

Gratitudes:
Visiting nature
Seeing family
Beautiful sky

We are in the middle of an awful heat wave here in CT. Well, not really the heat, but the humidity...Josh and I tried to do our normal walk around the block this morning, but we could only go around one mile - it's only 78 degrees, but it feels a LOT hotter! We will have to do on online workout later in the AC at home.

On Saturday, we got out Josh's little pool and splash pad and we all cooled off in those. I hate wearing a bathing suit, but - if I could brag for a moment ;) - this one is about 4 years old, I've worn it all of 3x, and it's looser than than it was. When I first got it, I felt like I couldn't breathe in it (so I kept it because I figured it was holding everything in). Yesterday - Happy Father's Day! - we went to my in-laws' first thing in the morning and sat in the backyard with the rest of the family. At least they have a roof over their patio, so it wasn't terrible. My one SIL and her partner brought donuts, fritters, and pistachio cake. They gave Dad a set of coins from his birth year and a set of...um, Native American head pennies. So we were all joking about how she made the rest of us look bad - my BIL and his family gave him a DVD that he already had (they were okay with it, though; Dad's got a ton of DVDs, so there's always the possibility that if you buy him one, you'll have to return it and choose another) and we gave him 2 bags of his favorite potato chips (that can only be purchased at ONE specific store). Then we came home, watched one of the Spongebob movies at Josh's demand, then DH grilled some steak tips (while Josh "helped")...

IMG_20200621_172632 (2).jpg

After dinner, we gave DH his gifts - the book about Bill Belichick that he wanted, a kids' book about dads (that Josh chose), and a "Dad bundle" from Legoland Florida (a Lego trophy, brick charm, lanyard, baseball cap, and Tervis cup).

Clue. By far, I LOVED Clue! Still have it and I'm planning to get a Clue Jr. game for Josh for his birthday in August. We also played a lot of Monopoly, Yahtzee, and War.

Outside, we didn't do a lot of games. I played a lot outside, but I usually roller skated, climbed trees, played "pretend" and with my Barbie dolls...in the summer, I'd go down the street to my friend's house and we'd swim in the pool, etc.

In two hours I'll be getting a pedicure.
Looking forward to it, not even going to try to act as if I'm not!
Hope everyone had a nice Fathers Day, we are celebrating next Sunday as my husband had some things he wanted to do and "not have anywhere to go or anyone I have to stop for!"It was actually a nice, quiet day. He got a new picnic table as a gift, which we will break in next weekend.
I've been inside the office all day, it's been so busy. I can't wait to catch a breath of fresh air in a few minutes.

Dinner this evening is going to be whatever anyone scratches up for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter