• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

What a handsome and precious young man Lil Joe, is Kirby! God Bless him and all of you entrusted to his care! So happy he did enjoy his first day and how fun that he got to choose dinner, love that :)

:grouphug:💛 to you, Apirateslifeforme. I am keeping your friend in prayer and always doing likewise for you, my friend! Happy, Happy almost 6th birthday to Josh! May God indeed Bless him along with all of his loving family as well. Have a fantastic time!

:hug: to you as well, Carol. I know any doctor visit is never fun or easy! So grateful you have the relationship you do with your doctor that is indeed such a Blessing and how I feel about my current dentist. I am heartbroken he is retiring and pray at my last appointment with him in a few weeks, he will have a recommendation for me.

Have a good night all!

Good morning all. Its so muggy outside it feels like a wet blanket, and its hard to breath. Now they are calling for NO rain today, but 98% chance tomorrow. Its 72 out, humidity is 85% and the dewpoint is 75,,no wonder it feels so sticky!

Actually got almost 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep, from 12-4, even though Mr L was watching Gunsmoke and Wagon Train till after 3. Now he's sound asleep. Cats are fed and I am going back to bed and trying to sleep till 8. Will be a miracle if that happens. Only one coming today is OT, so it will be a fairly quiet day. Hubby has to practice walking to the kitchen at least 2x plus do all his exercises, which he did again after dinner last nite. He knows he has to be stronger for Thursday if he plans on going to the ortho appt

Have a nice morning all

2001863d9841f2f1543c772f891f2ec9--team-motivation-sunday-quotes.jpg

I'm out with the cat right now - not the usual one who wants out whenever I'm willing to go, but the other one who rarely wants out, but when she does, it's right now, and you'd think she was six times her size. 😆 So here we are in the wet grass. She saw a chipmunk 🐿 the other day, and I think she's determined to find him again.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Pouring here, which is a good thing.

DH took my car in today for regular maintenance. Usually I do, but decided to hand off that chore in retirement. I went after him to the garage and picked him up and we went out to breakfast at a new to us place in Newark. Very nice. Excellent cinnamon roll and lots of outdoor seating. Luckily we ate before the rains came.

potato salads...only one way to make them
Well, one way per family. My MIL's potato salad and my mother's were completely different but both good. Now I alternate which one I make to keep both DH and myself happy.

@lynxstch, I had to look at the Mickey picture several times to figure it out. I think Mickey is standing on a tube of toothpaste.

Just finished writing a sympathy card to the family of a church friend I used to visit in her nursing facility before the pandemic. She was a lovely woman with a strong faith who gave me as much as I gave here.

Just staying in and listening to the rain today.

Quiet Tuesday early morning here other than being awakened earlier by the incessant ringing of the phone. Yes another spam call of which I am so tired of especially after getting so many yesterday :P

Also love ::MickeyMo Lynn. I remember at one time, my dad was looking into headphones that could be plugged into the TV. Would that be an option for Mr. L? I think Best Buy had something. Prayers he is able to keep his appointment and always for you to get in some R&R!

Thank you for the big smile, PollyannaMom! Champ always thought he was a ton bigger than squirrels, too! So funny that you take your cats for a walk. That is great. Do you have a picture? :)

That sounds like a nice treat, Carol. We need to decide whether to bring my car in for at least an oil change sometime soon. It has not been serviced since January, 2020. Keep in mind, since then it has not been driven much either.

:tigger:Tigger-ific Tuesday wishes to all! Will check back later on.

Good morning.

Pouring here, which is a good thing.

DH took my car in today for regular maintenance. Usually I do, but decided to hand off that chore in retirement. I went after him to the garage and picked him up and we went out to breakfast at a new to us place in Newark. Very nice. Excellent cinnamon roll and lots of outdoor seating. Luckily we ate before the rains came.

Sounds good!

Well, one way per family. My MIL's potato salad and my mother's were completely different but both good. Now I alternate which one I make to keep both DH and myself happy.

My ex MIL made terrible potato salad, so I never even attempted to make it. I make my Moms and both of my SIL's now make my moms recipe too.
@lynxstch, I had to look at the Mickey picture several times to figure it out. I think Mickey is standing on a tube of toothpaste.

LOL its a tube of paint!

Just finished writing a sympathy card to the family of a church friend I used to visit in her nursing facility before the pandemic. She was a lovely woman with a strong faith who gave me as much as I gave here.

Sorry about your church friend.

Just staying in and listening to the rain today.

And please, stop hogging the rain and send it back this way..we need it so badly. They said we have had less than 1/2" of rain since the beginning of July..that's dry!

And please, stop hogging the rain and send it back this way..we need it so badly. They said we have had less than 1/2" of rain since the beginning of July..that's dry!

Wrote this last night but never hit reply…

Long weekend at work and insanely busy! Help has been scarce. The pandemic is taking it’s toll on everyone. I did have lovely, lovely patients this weekend which was a blessing. One I “knew” from a public standpoint, would often see him on TV. He must’ve thanked me 20 times, over and over, what a gentleman! And we all thanked him for his work, as well. Other ladies quite complementary, which always feels good. ☺ One reminded me in many ways of my mother. She was adorable. And obsessed with my hair, lol. I had to give her a play by play of how I did my hair as well as write down the name of a styling product i use so she could try it out herself. Funny what makes different people happy! Speaking of hair, I also ran into someone I worked with in the Covid ICUs while we were both scavenging in a supply room. He happened to be with me at one of my most challenging moments of all during that period, and he remembered it well, too, we talked about it. Funny, he mentioned my hair was different, but I thought afterward that was probably because he only knew me when I had a surgical cap on and never actually saw my hair before!

Caregiver burnout. Yes. It sounds like so many of us here can relate. Caring for another person who is debilitated is incredibly taxing. I wouldn’t change a moment of caring for my mother at home to the end, but even I was just so, what’s the word, overwhelmingly exhausted - mentally and physically, as we’ve talked about here before. Lynn, my best advice is to limit set with Mr. L. He has to help you out, and that may be in the form of trying to adhere to regular bedtime routines so he can pay you back for all you do for him with the gift of SLEEP. Glad you got some last night!

Nice pic, @Kirby, another cutie! Sorry @apirates it’s such a sad situation! Good you are getting away. @PollyannaMom, what a lucky cat! :goodvibes
Somebody found his spot and is ready to try out the new boat! :sail:

3064CC1D-3DDE-4857-BAAA-29F6035E30EE.jpeg

Haven't been replying on this board for a while. Had to go back to the office in July. I AM SO FRICKING BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never realized how boring my job was until I started working from home but at least while I was at home I could find something to do around the house. Now that I'm stuck back in the office, OMG I'm going crazy! Before you even suggest it, I am already looking for a different job.
Moved one of my boys out of the house into his own apartment over the weekend. With two gone and one that isn't home much, I've started to see what it's going to be like when I'm an empty nester :( . Not sure I'm going to like it.
Anyways, hope everyone has a good day.

We had maybe 10 drops of rain,,now the sun is out and its 80. They say the remnants of Fred will be here tomorrow..chance of 1-2" of rain an hour during the morning,,maybe a total of 3-4. We need rain, but not that much all at one time! I just went out and checked the gutters again,,and to my dismay, found them full from top to bottom, on both sides. I really hate that black walnut tree..if it wasn't so darned expensive to have it taken down, it would be down asap. I cleaned the gutters thoroughly,,gathered trash for tomorrow, and will feed the cats now. The OT girl was almost 45 min late..and then stayed 1 hour and 15 min instead of the 30 she was supposed..man, she is a talker, lol! No one is coming tomorrow..so we get a break.

@Pea-n-Me I did tell Mr L he needs to either turn the tv off by midnite..or else listen to something on his phone with earbuds in. He is doing much better at walking , and he even said today that he feels a little more improvment day by day now. We are hoping the ortho xrays that arm on Thursday and maybe tells him he can put a little more weight on it,,or put a soft brace or something on it so he can use it a little more..that would be SOOOO helpful! He realizes how much more I have to do around here now..besides the regular inside and outside stuff,,along with taking care of him..at least I got over my burnout on Sunday and have been okay since. I know it will happen again,,and if it does, I will go out and sit on the porch, or in the shed,,and cry, or scream (or both) where noone can hear me.

I thank all of you for your continued support, much love to all of you on this thread!

Hello everyone, I haven't posted much lately but have read most days. I've been battling some "doldrums" lately. I haven't really got in a groove since retiring, I miss feeling needed and accomplished. I'll get there. One of the reasons I retired was because of knee pain, which has continued and makes doing things very difficult.

Caretaking, as others have said can be very taxing. I wish everyone strength in dealing with these extra tasks. Even though it's not physical, caring for my disabled niece and nephew has been emotionally draining.

This weekend we are celebrating our granddaughters 3rd birthday. She loves a T.V. character named Bluey, so I was trying to make some decorations today. Well, of course. my printer runs out of ink, even though I think I have printed maybe 10 pages since I last replaced it.:worship:
We are meeting at a park 2 hours away (half way between us) I'm hoping we do not get the rain they are predicting. I procrastinated and didn't order the cake in time, so Walmart pre-made it is. I'll jazz it up a little with some Bluey figures I found.

Prayers for those of you who are going through tough times for whatever reason.

Lou Lou and I went by Kroger today, picked out a floral arrangement and took it by DD's school for Happy 2nd Day of School!. They are so much cheaper than getting them at a florist and just as pretty. I've always either ordered or picked up a small arrangement for her to have in her classroom at the beginning of school. Last year I wasn't able to because of Covid. They didn't allow anyone beyond district employees in the school.

I've started Lou Lou back on naps in the afternoon. It gives me time to work without interruption or just have some quiet time. This afternoon I ended having an hour nap myself.

We had a nice rain shower this afternoon and had had a nice soaking rain for a couple of hours now. So nice!

Dinner tonight was Ritz Cracker chicken, mac & cheese and a salad.

Well.... I got my first COVID test today.

Found out someone I met with at work for an hour long intake interview tested positive on Saturday. I would have been on the bubble of "close contact" (Just about 6 feet apart, except for a few mintues signing paperwork, masked, and three(?) days before symptoms/positive test, as opposed to two, but I don't know when he actually started having symptoms) and since I've fully vaccinated, I technically don't have to quarantine. However, out of an abundance of caution, I did get tested, and will lay low/quarantine until I get results. No symptoms, but still... Ugh!

The good news is I have over 800 hours of built up sick hours that are separate from personal leave for vacations and the like. So instead of trying to work from home, I'm just going to take it easy and use my sick leave.

The bad news is that I'm so nervous (even though I probably shouldn't be) that I'm projecting symptoms onto myself!

The other good news is that I recently bought myself the entire Harry Potter Series to re-read, so so perhaps I can just enjoy that the days I'm off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter