Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Monday morning.⛈️

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day yesterday. I worked all weekend but Jacob did stop up at the hospital and brought me flowers and an iced tea so that was nice 💐. Mitchell got all the hanging baskets for my porch and deck for me 🌸.

Flyingdumbo - I hope you enjoyed your birthday the other day.🎂

Not much else going on, just wanted to jump on real quick to say hi. Have a great day! :wave:

@Kirby Will keep James in my prayers.

@flyingdumbo127 I am happy to read about your plans to go out and shop. Such a great step for you.

Good Morning. Cool here today, around 42 but going up to 70 today. Back to work after vacay. I know it will be a tough week playing catch up. I also have my yearly review and need to get my input in by tomorrow. I will have to do that off the clock as I do not have time to do it during work. Sometimes retirement sounds like a plan but I have to stay busy so not yet. Plus I feel bad that Chris was not able to retire so I feel like I need to go to at least 70 like we had planned.

Have a good day.

I retired at 65 and it was the right time for me. It varies for many. One friend is still there working at 74. Her husband is retired and when she's home with him apparently it's too much togetherness as it's not a money needed issue. My travelling buddy also retired around 65, but does babysitting part time for a family (friends) who have a work at home/work in office situation. She does the drop off at school then pick up and keep them for a couple of hours thing so she's free midday and whenever she doesn't want to/has dr appts, vacation plans, etc.

Just back from Florida yesterday afternoon. We had a nice time with pretty good weather. It got hot but it cooled down and we enjoyed our time at DHS although earlier in the day we were afraid rain and thunder/lightning would spoil it.

It stopped misting and we took the boat over around 7ish. We stayed until 12 and enjoyed some attractions, Fantasmic, a bit of food and a Mickey ice cream sandwich which was delicious! We each had 3 snack credits but weren't really hungry, so gave our last 4 away to a younger family who took them eagerly. (They were also DVC and had the wristbands.) Some people without bands were still roaming the park later on but the CM's wouldn't let them into ride areas. It was not crowded and actually appeared sort of empty until we got to Fantasmic and could see the filled up theater.

After that show we sat and listened to music from the DJ and rested our old feet and legs while the youngsters danced and hopped around to the music! So much energy!

Transport back to the resorts was by bus so we walked the path. What's another almost a mile after 6 or 7 of them?

I don't keep track of steps but my friend was doing so and she kept telling me all these huge numbers.

We stayed at various places. Country Inn in Florence, SC. Hadn't stayed there in maybe 4 or so years and the rating was 3.8 which concerned me, but it was clean and comfortable and friendly with decent breakfast. It's older and a long time since remodel, but I had 'old' points to use up so free. I will stay again since our room was fine.

Next night was Riviera at Disney. We had an 8th floor room with a preferred view with Epcot and DHS fireworks plus since up higher, a nice skyline view. That was a nice surprise since I'd booked a standard view. The room was comfortable and had 2 queen beds - one murphy wall bed and a very low to the floor bed. They had given us a handicapped accessible room. No mention at checkin, just get to the door and it has 2 peepholes. One large bathroom instead of the regular one with 2 separate bath/shower areas. It was fine overall, but I thought the bed wasn't great as it was not as cushy as we usually get at DVC. For one night, no problem. My feeling was that HA users were getting cheated by that 'thin' mattress. Overall this resort is gorgeous and we enjoyed our food from the quick service.

Next morning we moved over to the Swan for 2 nights and were checked in around 11:21 am, so weren't homeless all afternoon as we were prepared for. I used free night certificates here, but was given a nice room with resort view and a balcony plus a couple of rooms away from the elevators. Free is not completely free at full service hotels as they charge resort fees and parking fees for a total of about $80 a night. Still, within walking distance to DHS and Epcot so no complaints. I really liked their coffee bar, Java. Open at 6am, that's a yay for me! We didn't actually have a meal at Swan, as we walked over to Yacht Club and ate at Ale and Compass which I like because you can usually walk in despite the Disney booking system saying 'nothing available'. At least we have walked in several times. Later we had snack food at Beach Club Marketplace after Epcot fireworks.

I would have liked to try the Italian restaurant called 'Il Mulino', but it didn't fit our schedule Friday night. Maybe next time as it's a quick walk from Boardwalk.

One unfortunate event - I locked some items in the safe and forgot them. Didn't remember until later on Saturday afternoon after checking in to Fairfield Inn and Suites in Santee. Called and spoke to Security at Swan who hadn't received any lost and found from our room. Checked back later, still nothing and I was worried my stuff was gone.

Next day we drove home. After dropping off my friend, I was about a mile from home and Security called. They had everything and will UPS it to me today at my expense. That was a relief as the loss would have been substantial to replace as it was medication $$$, my old phone (still has my photos on it) and some apps I use on it rather than cluttering up the new one - Disney app and hotel apps.

Going down - North Carolina is under construction on the Northbound side. Miles of cars. Southbound was fine so no delays for us. We came through it on Sunday on the way back so no delays as no work going on. Took the new bridge into Southern Maryland to avoid the Northern Virginia gridlock which literally started in Richmond. I have bridge anxiety so friend drove while I closed my eyes and counted sheep to distract my mind. (My meds were in the safe.)

Overall a nice trip and would do it again. Mostly I go for longer visits and would have liked another night at least. But next Florida trip is October so not long to wait.

Oh, shopping - I bought a Baggallini at Costco in Savannah. Friend bought stuff everywhere. I just have too much stuff already so try to avoid random stuff I don't need. I still budget for shopping but nothing much was worth it to me.

Just a quick good morning check in. Sunny and bright, 77 for a high today. I mowed most of the lawn last night after it cooled off, going to finish today as soon as the dew dries off. I took 3 boxes of trash to the shed, I am definitely doing some uncluttering, lol. Painter will be here soon, and the furniture will be moved all over the place again.

Welcome home Judique, glad you had a good trip, and that your belongings were found and are being returned to you.

Mona, no IHOP or Off Broadway shoes anywhere near me!

Have a great day everyone

fa084b44d881269acd6fe07a5e6fb04b.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all! We went to church, Carol and Lou Lou wore matching dresses and Lil Joe wore a complementing outfit. After church we went to the park to a gazebo that we had family pictures made at about 25 years ago. Gee, has it been that long??? Carol had been wanting to have a mini photo shoot of her and the kids but couldn't find any in her budget so I said lets go to the gazebo. I got a real good one of the three of them. The kids really listened and behaved themselves. After that we came home and waited until the lunch crowds died down and Joe and I went out to eat at Primos. Lil Joe wanted to treat Carol with lunch from a coupon he won at school so Carol elected to wait for another day to do it.
Emoji Bar - love.jpg Sounds like a great memory made!

James is back in the hospital. He began running a fever yesterday evening and was admitted last night. His fever continues to bounce up and down. He is still battling nausea, can't keep much down and now his stomach is hurting. He is scheduled for an endoscopy tomorrow where they will do a biopsy to see if it might be Graft vs Host disease. They are also going to start a steroid regimen just in case. We will get results Wednesday/Thursday.
Emoji Bar - sad.jpg Sorry to here the fever is back. It must be such a roller coaster for everyone. :hug: Fingers crossed they get everything under control soon.

Good Morning 🐣🌷

Prayers this bright new Monday finds each of you brighter in some way of spirit and doing well. Dad did :laundy: and is finishing up 🛒at Ralphs. Tomorrow, we are looking forward to going to Dollar Tree and JC Penney. We will also be trying out our new 📀player later. I will share how we like it when we do.

Liz, APirateslifeforme, and I keep in touch via PM. She asked me to :wave:hi to all of you and let you know she's fine. She's busy with her family, her son will be 8 over the Summer, and isn't online much. She definitely appreciated knowing our Quacker family is still together, I sure am. Every day💛🐥

Snowysmom🕊️and prayers with love always! Going back to work after a vacation was never easy or much fun for me. I'm thankful your coworkers are supportive of you, as they should be! No doubt your review will be great. As far as when you choose to retire, of course, that's between you and God. Perhaps once you are settled into your new 🏠you can try out different volunteer possibilities.Besides, of course, that making an extra difference, and introducing you to new friends, it might also lighten your spirit and bring you added renewal. When you did retire or cut back on hours, you would already have an enjoyable weekly way to be active in your community. Just some early morning thoughts. You know, I wish you joy and peace always! Thank you again for your getting out prayers, too :)

Footballmouse:grouphug:and thank you for working in serving kind care this weekend. I'm so glad you were celebrated, as well you should have been, yesterday! What sweet sons you have:flower3:I had a wonderful birthday, thank you.

Welcome home, Judique::MickeyMoI'm so glad ypu had an overall nice trip and got to enjoy an 🍨treat, too.

Lynn, 🙏that the painter does a great job today and that all of your remodel efforts are closer to completion. 77:sunny:lovely. Enjoy, my friend. I'm sorry there are no Off Broadways or IHOPs near you.

Does anyone live near an Off Broadway to be able to gift a birthday discount that I'm not going to use onto. Valid all of May. PM me :)

PollyannaMom:hug:, you are so creative! I love your smiley post with arrows indicating your choice. So clever and fun!

Pea:grouphug: and prayers all is well for you and that your son is continuing to heal.

Kirby, thinking of you and sending extra love and 🙏 for James.

Have a beautiful day of joy in some way, everyone. I will check back in later.

Good afternoon thread save!

All is well here. A minister friend preached yesterday on Acts 17: 21-30 with the humble reminder that we are all children of God! Reminder to each of dear you right now that He loves and is with you forever. By His Grace, I sure care, too.

Have a good rest of the day, Friends.

@Kirby Thinking of James and hope he is improving.

@Judique Glad you had a nice trip.

@flyingdumbo127 I look forward to hearing about your trips to Dollar Tree and JC Penney. I have been to IHOP many years ago. I don't know how they are now.

Good morning. A warmer morning here today, 58 degrees with temps heading for 80. Work was so crazy busy yesterday. I was so tired and exhausted after everything I told my friend I couldn't do her qi gong zoom class. I even found walking exhausting yesterday but still managed 2 walks. Between the long travel day on Friday, back to reality, and the crazy work catchup, I feel overwhelmed and exhausted. I get anxious when I see how much work I have to catch up on. Sometimes it seems like taking vacation time is not worth it. When I looked briefly at news to see what is going on that was depressing. Crazy! I watched a Hallmark movie instead and not even one I really liked but it was at least low key and a bit relaxing. I see my therapist today which is much needed.

Have a good day. Off to catch up on more work.

Happy Belated 🎂 Birthday, Mona @flyingdumbo127 ! So sorry I'm late with the wishes. I was in WDW attending our Agent Education Program! It was so much fun and I learned a lot! So sorry for butting in on this thread. I wanted to publicly say that I think you are one of the most kind and thoughtful people I have ever met (hopefully in real life some day soon)! :flower3:

@TeresaNJ Welcome to our little thread! :welcome: You aren't butting in, we love seeing new people here! What you said about Mona, is so true, and how we all here in our Quacker family think of her! Stop in and say hi whenever you feel like it!!

Good sunny morning. They said we'd have rain all day, they were a little off. Nothing but sunshine and heading for 77 again today.
The dining room and living room are finally painted, except for the ceilings, I will never figure out that method of doing it. But I was able to put all the switch and outlet covers back on, put the blinds up and I just put the old curtains back up. I'm looking for new ones today. I've had these for 20 years, and I think I deserve all new curtains in the house, to go with the new paint, lol. Don doesn't agree, but he doesn't have to. I'm the decorator, not him. Painter has today off, she had things to do, but will finish the one outer doorway trim that goes into the spare room tomorrow and start on the kitchen. I've been busy taking things off the walls, taking the outlet and switch plates down. I took down the curtains, spice rack, clocks, fire extinguisher, and my perpetual wooden calendar so far. I have to get on the step stool and take my great grandmothers mother of pearl cannister set down off the top of the cabinets, so it doesn't get damaged. I'm tired already and the day has just started. I already took a ton of trash down to the street, and made my grocery list for tomorrow. I need to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Rachel (painter) and Don talk nonstop all day and it's driving me bonkers. I have been hiding out in the computer room with the door closed most of the time, lol.

@Kirby, sending more prayers James way.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
c9547bbe874070c3930c5f93730664b1.jpg

:grouphug:everyone, :thanks:, with all my love always. Teresa, you are so kind indeed. Please do come back in our thread and post! I simply pray each day to be a kind light of witness of Christ. All glory always to Him. I am so grateful, so humbly thankful to Him, that is for sure for your Teresa and all of my Quacker family. I truly would love to meet all of you one day. Until then, please keep in touch!

Dad and I are long safely home, thank God. We first had fun at Dollar Tree which was my first time back to a Dollar Tree since 2020. It was still well before 10am when JC Penney's opened, we were able to go into a Target that is in the same shopping mall as Penney's. At first, Target was quieter. Quickly it got busy, and I didn't feel comfortable. I was able to try on several pairs of jeans. When (or better question, why) in the world did jeans start coming in so many forms? As I said the other day, whatever happened to regular jeans?! It made me sad to see so very many pairs with torn holes or threads. I don't understand or support that. I did find one pair that I liked. It was just a little short in length so dad cleverly took a picture of them so that when he goes to our Target tomorrow (or I go to Target.com later today) we can check to see whether they are available (ideally in store) in a different length. We both were taken aback as I said by the sheer number of jeans and that they were somewhat mixed together. The other thing was most were in very big sizes! God's grace, I now wear a 4 or 6. 👖:cheer2:at Penney's and at an incredible bargain price too of just over $7! I had my free $20 thanks to the JC Penney kind customer service agent on Saturday who gave me the free $20+20% off coupon+our Credit Card JC Penney Gift Card that now still has over $17 on it. St. John's Bay Straight Jeans. What's still so odd to me is that the length on these is "Short." I am blessed with height at just over 5'8"! They are a perfect length and what a blessing to have a pair of pants that fit me! Tomorrow, I will get to see my friend Barbara (not Ann, a different lady) from church after her dentist appointment in my area. It will mean a lot to me to give her my old jeans (WAY too big) to be given to our church ministry for those living in a local park in need. That is a true joy of all this :)

It was wonderful being able to go out a little this morning. I would never want to do this sort of longer trip again and definitely no bigger mall areas. Dad said I would much prefer our very own Target (5+ minutes away) early in the morning to the Target we went to today. All good and truly an extra birthday time blessing to have been able to go!

We do like our new DVD player especially its small size. Dad 🙏that his current hearing aids or new ones to come will allow him to enjoy movies on it, too. He is still looking into over-the-counter options so that he can compare. Thank you all extra for your prayers for him on this.

🐣❤️I will check back later. I hope each of you are having a :tigger:Tigger-iffic Tuesday :)

@flyingdumbo127 So happy you got to Target, JC Penney, and Dollar Tree. Jeans are indeed tough to buy now. So many choices. I found a couple of brands that work for me, Lee and Gloria Vanderbilt. I wait for good sales at Kohls. I am glad you were able to find a pair that fits you well. You can take shorter trips out to stores that are less crowded as your father says. I hope you have a nice visit with your friend.

Good morning. It is 48 now with highs going into the 50s. I like this kind of weather. Kenny and I went for a walk at a conservation area nearby. It was nice to be out in nature , seeing doggies being walked, and the weather was perfect for it. I plan to look for more walking areas nearby. I saw my therapist yesterday. Since coming back from the cruise I have been in a funk. She talks about beginning a new chapter in my life but I like the old chapter and I like the person I was back then. I do not want to find a new life and I do not want to be a different person. That is going to be tough for me. I don't know how people do it but I am not one to be strong enough right now to get to where she tells me I need to be heading. Sorry for being a downer this morning but it has been tough lately. I told her I am too young (mid 60s is too young?) to be alone now without Chris beside me.

Have a good day.

Good morning!🌷

Should be a nice day out today, high in the 70's.☀️

Not happy with the stray cat that I acquired at Xmas. She's afraid of the other cats, which is understandable, they're mean to her, so she hides places. Her newest place is under the couch. I've already cleaned up a mess under the couch but now she peed on my couch 🤬. I tried cleaning it last night but the smell is obviously still there and I don't think it will come out. Now I have to probably find a new couch, which makes me really mad because I really like my couch! I put her back in the spare room with food, water and a litter box. I need to find a home for her without cats.

I won a few items from the online auction site I get on sometimes. I need to pick it up today after work. It's a storage bench for the deck, I'll put the seat cushions in there and the pond fish food. I also won 3 gingerbread house kits. I couldn't find them last Xmas unless I wanted to pay $15 for each one so I was happy to find these. I ended up paying .05 for each one!🏠

The tendinitis in my hip is really acting up this week 😕. Started over the weekend so I thought it would be feeling better by today but it's getting worse. I changed back into my gymshoes at work already. Luckily I have an appointment tomorrow with a chiropractor. I know she won't be able to help the tendinitis but she can at least pop my hips. I'm hoping that will help with the lower back pain.

It's Survivor night but I'm headed to Evan's game ⚽ instead of watching it. I'll catch it tomorrow night since I record it.

PollyannaMom - great ornament idea, looks pretty easy to make.

Have a great day! :wave:

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Thank you all again for your shopping and contest, all ways support :) I did have a nice trip yesterday indeed. I'm also grateful to be able to stay home today. Dad will be going to our closest Target and also Spouts which is a block away. Both less than 10 minutes away from us. I do look forward to seeing Barbara later this morning. I haven't seen her, I don't think, for a year.

Just 💕Snowysmom.

PollyannaMom, love the ::MickeyMocraft! How very clever and fun. I will definitely share what we enter.

Lynn, is the painter 🖌️almost done, I hope! More so, I pray that she, not YOU, is doing the work!

Footballmouse:grouphug: and feel better my friend prayers.

Have a good Wednesday everyone. I will check back in later.

Good morning! Been busy running around with different things going on. All good, though.

@footballmouse Do you have a Little Green Machine? We would be lost without ours. It cleans things up pretty well. I buy the liquid pet cleaner that comes with it. (WalMart has it.) You may have to do it for several cycles but I would think the odor would eventually come out? But I don’t have cats, so not sure. I’m sorry you have to rehome her but it sounds like that‘s the best option for her. You can sometimes find the machines on Craigslist. I get hip pain from bursitis several days before a storm comes, then I don’t feel it again for a while. Hope you can get some relief.

Mona, so glad you had a nice birthday and some shopping time! I buy my jeans online now, where I know I can get ones I like. I don’t like buttons that dig into me so I tend to get the elastic waisted ones, and they’re comfy.

Lynn, glad your painting is coming along. Funny about the chit-chat. :laughing: (That would be me.)

Thinking of everyone. @Kirby, I hope James is doing ok. Still praying for him. @dazedx3 , how are you doing? Frog, good you popped in. @easyas123, busy, I’m sure, you always have a lot going on. Taz, enjoying games and family.

DS is playing baseball this summer and I went to his first game the other night. It was an hour drive so we got to chat, which was nice. Ran into some old friends at the game and caught up with them. DS was supposed to pitch the last two innings but it was a blowout so the game ended early. He is starting tonight, but none of us can go. It was nice being back in that setting, although I ran into someone in the neighborhood walking his dog and he told me there had been a shooting there a few nights earlier 😳 (right behind where I was sitting) and that homeless people live on the field and he picks up at least 12 needles a day! :sad2: And here I was thinking how nice it looked. Unbelievable. I told DS to warn his teammates about this, we don’t need them stepping, kneeling, sitting, sliding or falling on dirty needles. 😬 I have found needles on fields before, years ago, but not as many as this guy was saying. We have a big problem in this country, and it’s getting worse. 😖

Welcome home from vacations. I was hoping to hear more about them! Maybe see some pictures?

@Snowysmom, it must be hard coming home from such a great vacation and feeling the way you feel, especially where you are headed into a new place, away from the condo. I was in a store the other day and saw some plaques that made me think of you. I also have a poem I ran across the other day. Not sure if I should post here or PM. Will definitely post the poem here, as others may like it, too.

IMG_4738.jpeg

Enjoy this beautiful Wednesday, everyone. 🐥

Mona,,to answer your ?, no the painter is nowhere near done. She managed to get 1/2 the kitchen painted today, with a normal size roller. Then she had to go the chiropractor again, and left everything in the middle of the floor. I had to pull the fridge out, put a new outlet cover on it, and push it back again. Picked up everything and moved stuff out of the way. If either her or Don tell me one more time to leave stuff where it is until tomorrow, I'll scream. I cant' work in a kitchen if it's like an obstacle course. And she's not being anywhere near as neat as she was in the other 2 rooms. There's still 2 bedrooms and the computer room to paint, plus the trim in the kitchen, both bedrooms, computer room, the doors, and then the ceilings. This may drag on for another 3 weeks and I'll need a vacation or I'll be crazy.
I managed to get all errands done and got home by 11:30 this morning, and wasn't able to get anything done around here since she was in the way chatting with Don. Monday it was trying to talk him into going on a cruise , today she was after him to go to the chiropractor. She asked him if he wanted her to make him an appt? She's pushing it a little too much and I'm biting my tongue before I say something.

Have a nice evening all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter