Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Quiet thread today! I did enjoy a nice visit with Barbara. I hadn't seen her in a year! She'll be back out my way in a couple of weeks and will come by then, too. Extra belated birthday gift to be able to see her again so soon. She's been a wonderful friend who I so appreciate for the last 8 or so years. We first met at church in 2015.

Dad is long safely home, thanks to God. He was able to use my birthday extra 5% through Target Circle which helped to save us additional money. He also got me two pairs of the jeans we think I saw at the other Target yrsterday. From the safety of home, I was able to try them both on. Now I know, I like the JC Penney's Mid Rise 👖much better. The Target jeans are High Rise which I didn't realize or remember what that was. I also prefer the less baggy fit of Penney's jeans. Dad will return to Target today's jeans and God willing I can go to the store sometime to see in person the pants and other clothing choices. Meantime, JC Penney.com will be a much safer and easier way to get a second pair of the St. John's Bay jeans.

Have a great rest of the afternoon:grouphug:

@footballmouse, I am sad to read about your couch. I hope you can find Kitty a new home. Also, sorry to hear about your pain. I hope the Little Green Machine works for you!

I am still on the transatlantic cruise, and it’s been fun. Tom and I have colds. Only he has gone out on one shore excursion. We have one scheduled for the last day, and I really hope we do it. I had been wary about European cobblestones and my mobility, and this last excursion seems as if it will work. I have been fretting too much, I know it. We have paid for a placeholder and hope to go on 2024’s West Bound Transatlantic once it’s announced.

@flyingdumbo127, happy you found Jeans that fit, and for a bargain price! You are a blessing to all of us!

So sorry for butting in on this thread
You're not butting in. We always love to have new people join in!

James is back in his apartment. He received additional nausea medicine and it seems to help. He hasn't received word on the results of his tests but the doctors feel that it's not Graft vs Host. Joe is down there with him through the weekend so Chelsea could come back and work.

Happy Friday Eve!:sunny:

I bought some different spray for the couch last night. Sprayed that and let it soak in for about 15 minutes then I scrubbed it real good. I'll probably have to do the same thing again today when I get home.

Had to stop at Meijer on the way to the soccer game to buy a new curtain rod for my front window. Seems the dog pulled the who thing down when he was barking at someone from the window, broke the curtain rod.😠

Have an appointment with a chiropractor today after work. I hope she can pop everything back in place and I get some relief with this ongoing lower back and hip pain 🥴. I'm a little nervous when it comes to adjusting my neck but I know it needs it, I can just feel how tight my neck muscles are.😳

Can't report on Survivor, I'll watch that tonight.

Evan gave me my Mother's Day gift from all the boys last night. They all got together and had professional pictures done :love:. I'll post a couple.

That's about it. I'm headed over to the cafeteria to get some breakfast tacos (minus the tortilla shell) 🌮. Have a great day! :wave:

Attachments

• present.jpg
    present.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I "loved" your post, Footballmouse:grouphug:(and feel better prayers) for your beautiful family picture share, thank you so much my friend and good morning to you and all of our Quacker family, too! Such a quiet thread. Many prayers all of you are okay!

Dad and I have had ideas for our contest entry. Yesterday, our very own dear PollyannaMom through her Gratitude thread, brought to my mind a childhood memory of my Snoopy Sno Cone Machine Did any of you ever have one of these? I was never a huge Sno Cone fan (I enjoyed Icee's during my college/young adult days more--now I don't drink either, way too much sugar) as a kid but had fun with this machine until it broke. Dad and I, as you know, have been trying to think of some type of seasonal were both thinking of some type of seasonal sign or decoration Just some type of craft that we could actually use over the years. I had the early morning idea today of a theme of something like "Summer Sno in LA" Or some other variation. Maybe Sweet Summer in LA and then have pictures of "Sno," "Ice," "Sun" with "Pops," of fun all season round or something lol!

The "Sno," would be a Sno Cone! I like something like these 4 Sno Cone 1
or Sno Cone 2 "Ice" Ice Cream Cones or even an ice cream shaped pancake or cookie, "Pops," could tie into "pools/popsicles/Father's Day (Pops)" Lots of choices!

I'm imaging still some type of hanging decoration for our kitchen because we would use this more than a stand-up table centerpiece. but we could also build some type of ice cream truck decoration and then personalize it. The other thing to remember, of course, is we have to enter by a week from tomorrow! I would appreciate so very much some Quacker family help on how to do this. We will plan more about this later this afternoon and for sure over the weekend.

Dad 🙏please as he heads off to an important doctor's appointment.

Wishing all of you, of course, a happy Thursday!

Last edited:

I just now realized I never checked in. Painter was supposed to be here at noon. So I weed wacked, did laundry, dishes etc. She showed up at 10:30. Then went out to get her glasses out of her car, and realized she locked the keys in the car. We spent the next 45 minutes trying to pry the door open enough to get something in to push the lock, to no avail. I finally called Dave and asked if they had a spare key, since they sold her the car. He said he didn't think so, but would look. If not he would be over after taking his wife/non wife to the health department. We kept trying and finally managed to hook her key chain with what we were using and got the keys out. It was comical. We had the door pried open enough with wooden sticks and paint brushes. We had 4 skewer type things taped together with a hook made out of a coat hangar on the end of it. It was a pain trying to use, but we finally managed. Then Dave called and said he found the spare key, and is going to drop it off in a while. So the painting just now got started in earnest for the day. Not what I wanted to spend part of my morning doing.

I don't have time for a picture today, have to finish laundry and get a few other things done.

Have a great day everyone.

Wow, Lynn, I'm sorry you had to go through that mess! :hug:

Thanks, PollyannaMom!❄️in:sunny:Still not sure of what we are going to make. I will keep you and everyone else posted and of course would appreciate any suggestions!

All is quiet here. Dad, thank God had a very good doctor's visit and is resting now. I'm working on snail mail. Not much else going on. Hugs to all and good evening wishes, too!

AuntieMe3, thinking extra of you and hope all is well. Been a while since you've posted.

Attachments

• Mickey Thursday.jpg
    Mickey Thursday.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2
Busy day today. Off to work at 5:30 down the highway. The traffic is not too bad at that time so I don't mind leaving real early. I had my work review today which went well. She wants to give me a couple more things to do. I most likely have time to do them on my slower week or 2. I told her I think communication in our group and the company in general needs to be better and she agrees. She asked our big boss to go back to monthly meetings.

Kenny went with me to the local appliance store in the next town that my real estate agent recommended. They were really helpful and helped me to stay within my budget. In fact the sales person told me that a particular fridge is a good deal when it goes on sale and it is going on sale in 3 days. I got the sale price. He will put it aside once it is on sale. The washer and dryer I liked is a Maytag set and is on sale for May. I pay 50% and they will put aside the fridge and washer and dryer in their warehouse. After I close on the condo I call for a delivery date. I exceeded my budget by $150 only because I bought a 4 year warranty for the washer and fridge. And they do service too. My agent is very happy with them so I am glad I went there.

Have a good evening.

@Kirby Glad James is home. Hope he continues to do better.

Good morning. Cool morning. It is 41 degrees here with temps going into the 60s today. Yesterday it was 31 when I went off to work. My younger DGS has a stomach bug that his older brother had. Those viruses spread like crazy with the kids. He has been out of school. I may be watching him this morning while I work. He can watch TV. I am not a fan of sitting him in front of the TV but I do have to work and ex is passing off the care to DS and he has to go into work for a few hours. It will work out. He is too tired and cranky to do much else.

Have a good day.

Happy Friday!:sunny:

Looks like it will be cloudy today and rain later tonight. Hopefully the rain holds off until late tonight, I have a retirement party to go to and I think we'll be mostly outside.🤞

Had my appointment with the chiropractor yesterday. My hips aren't as sore as they have been so hopefully she helped that. I thought my back and hips would have popped more than they did but she seemed happy with how it went. I go back again next week. I have exercised that I need to do.

Hopefully the guy comes and cuts the grass today. I'd like to work in the yard this weekend (mulch and flowers).:flower2:

Debating on whether or not I want to hit up a neighborhood yard sale tomorrow morning. My sister always finds good stuff at yard sales, not me. Problem is, I don't know what to do with things that I find, my sister is crafty so she knows how to make things out of what she finds.

That's about it. Cleaned up and got the laundry done last night. Mia is coming over earlier than usual today. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. We're on a roll with good weather, at least until tomorrow. We are going to SW this morning to get another gallon of paint for the kitchen. I tried to tell her 2 weeks ago it would take 2, so now we have to make another trip. I'm going to see if I can find paint to do the shutters, window trim and foundation while I'm there, and use her discount. Just what I need though, more work to do outside. I still have to weed and mulch the flower beds, and the grass needs cutting again too. I might do that while she's painting if it doesn't get warm too fast or do it after dinner. I'm tired, and I'm sore. Having trouble sleeping too. She's really stressing me out the way she works.

Have a great Friday!

46da7b188f3161e41ceb1c5e4da154c7.jpg

Good morning. We're on a roll with good weather, at least until tomorrow. We are going to SW this morning to get another gallon of paint for the kitchen. I tried to tell her 2 weeks ago it would take 2, so now we have to make another trip. I'm going to see if I can find paint to do the shutters, window trim and foundation while I'm there, and use her discount. Just what I need though, more work to do outside. I still have to weed and mulch the flower beds, and the grass needs cutting again too. I might do that while she's painting if it doesn't get warm too fast or do it after dinner. I'm tired, and I'm sore. Having trouble sleeping too. She's really stressing me out the way she works.

Have a great Friday!

46da7b188f3161e41ceb1c5e4da154c7.jpg

I need to paint my living room, plus other rooms. I also wanted the walls washed before painting, but my housekeeper that came said I didn't need to wash them first. Each to his own - I'm going to do it myself as I don't want dust and tiny cobwebs bleeding through new paint. I won't be asking her to do it as I have a feeling that someone who thinks it's not necessary won't do it the same way I expect. I guess I'm picky and stubborn. I also have Sherwin Williams paint that I bought last year so I'll have to pitty pat back there and get it colored and shook up.

My ceiling will be painted first.

In other news I left some stuff in the safe while I was in Florida in my last hotel room. It's been a trial getting it returned. UPS had been ticketed to pick it up but 4 days went by with no pickup. Finally picked up and scanned yesterday, and was scheduled for late delivery today. This morning it is showing delivery on Tuesday, which I expected to happen, but was really hoping it would come early.

I'm usually pretty good at leaving a room empty and can only recall losing 2 items over the years. A necklace in Salinas, Kansas back in the day and last summer, a charging cord for the grands kindle, which was easily replaceable at Staples.

It's 64 degrees outside and I'm going out sooner or later. It's up to 72 later and 80 tomorrow with rain. Grass is mowed but I'm moving a keyhole garden that I haven't planted in years and I need to prepare it's new spot. Yesterday we took it up in one piece thankfully, and then I started to level out and weed it. Today I want to put the earth in some large pots - it's nice and fertile and I can get some sorry plants from Lowe's and bring them back to life. Need to do this before it rains on it again.

I've been up and taken a nap since 5am. Time to get moving.

Happy Friday and Good Morning, Everyone!

Sounds like 🐣💤is needed especially Lynn and Judique!

Feel better 🙏Footballmouse and Snowysmom, stomach upset especially in kids is the worst. I hope your DGS feels better today! :cheer2:and of course you had a good work review. I knew you would, my friend.

Dad is heading off to do :laundy:and then go to Ralphs 🛒Grateful that he intends to stay home tomorrow. We will think more about our craft project over the weekend and definitely order on Amazon any needed materials. Any Quacker family morning ideas? Thank you :)

:grouphug:to all. I will check back in later. Have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter