• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Monday morning! :cold:

Finally finished up my Xmas shopping this weekend and all the wrapping :cool1:. When I was at Evan & Bailey's last week I noticed the basket that they keep Mia's toys in for the livingroom isn't big enough. I went to TJ Maxx and found a really nice woven basket that will work better. I also grabbed the gift cards that I needed from Kroger. They must not sell Dunkin gift cards so I grabbed that one last night. I worked Saturday night so I didn't do anything during the day except watch the Bengals game and take a nap 🏈😴. Work was very blah, only had 1 patient on the unit so I did my nails and watched a couple of movies.

Yesterday I met up with Evan, Bailey & Mia and we went to Jungle Jim's. Bought a couple of bottles of wine for Xmas Eve, got the cat's new scratching posts for Xmas and I got Caramel and the neighbor dog a pack of fancy peanut butter bones. Of course in that store you always find other things to buy, for me it was a loaf of blueberry bread, cat food, and some stackable plastic Xmas bowls. I decided I needed those for the bagel dip and bagels I'm bringing to work Xmas Day 🥯. We walked next door when we were done and looked at the animals in the pet shop. She was facinated with the birds, Evan was holding a bunny and she liked petting that, and of course I had to show her the puppies.🐶 A couple of them were wrestling with their roommate so she thought that was pretty funny.

Mia finally went to see Santa yesterday morning :santa:. She did very good, didn't cry but was too busy looking sideways at Evan and laughing. She ended up with a cute picture with Santa and she wore a dress.🤗

Don't have time to make the Xmas dog treats like I usually do so I'll do that after Xmas since I'm working from home all that week.

That's it for me, have a great day! :wave:

Thank you dear PollyannaMom. I appreciate that and always you, my friend. Extra hug to you, too, dear Pea.

Two weeks ago today was when I went to the ER. Last night, I got the most sleep ever in all this time. I am healing and truly light years more on the road to recovery. What a miracle from God. I simply pray to have walked closer to and with Him in humble awe, adoration, thanks, and service this Holy Advent season. One day at a time all for and through Him How I also thank Jesus for allowing all of us tp virtually travel through life together. I am so blessed. Love to all. Happy Monday :)

Good morning! We bought a huge plastic Nativity set more than 50 years ago. This is one that primarily is seen outside, and there’s a light bulb inside each piece. DS, Greg, brought them down from the attic this weekend, and here in Cape May, we display it in our front bay window.

Tom and I were thrilled that our family spent special time with us this weekend. We are ready to settle down this week at home.

@footballmouse , we got a DD gift card for one DDiL, it seemed like a good present for her!

Good morning. We swapped the pouring rain from yesterday to high winds today. Good thing the rain wasn't snow or we'd have been in big trouble. Extreme Western Maryland and WV are supposed to get 3-5" of snow overnight and into tomorrow. It better say to the extreme west of me.

I finally got my sister in law to understand why I didn't want to go to that church party tonight. Then she tells me that they aren't going to stay long anyhow, they have to go to Morgantown tomorrow and are going to leave tonight and stay in a hotel overnight so they don't have to drive in it tomorrow morning.

Now I just have to tell the other sister in law that I won't be going to their family dinner on Saturday. I just don't feel like celebrating anything, and my being sad would just ruin their dinner, so I'm going to pass. I appreciate their asking, and I know why they did, but it's still my choice.

I started watching Virgin River on Netflix, I like it so far. I also watched another Hallmark Christmas movie, but I'm getting tired of watching them. Same story line most of the time, always the same ending. Getting boring. I can't wait till some new shows start in the new year.

Have a great Monday.

1702907859492.png

Good morning!

I still always think of Mona, too, when I see nativity sets. I see so many here and there, but I’m not sure what she’s looking for. Explain it again, Mona!

We still haven’t gotten our tree up yet. Between painting the house and travel and illnesses we haven’t had time or inclination yet. Maybe tonight. We at least got the gifts we needed and our cards, still have to send cards out and wrap, but we don’t have much, just the Yankee Swap gifts (4). Want to get all that done before I start my work shifts. DH has been concentrating on finishing painting the house where the weather was mild. He did have to go to work on Saturday after all, so that was a bust. But yesterday he was able to get most of it done, and it looks so nice and fresh! Normally we decorate the outside, but I don’t think that’s going to happen this year. If I can find them, I’ll put candles in the windows.

I ordered a new mailbox last night and was lucky to find the one I wanted at 50% off. Lowe’s was a waste of time, the elderly gentleman in the store had no clue and was insisting the 4x4 pole you need was in the box, which it definitely wasn’t. It even said “pole sold separately“. I’d also asked him about which oil was needed to touch up the finish on our outdoor onion lamps, which had become sort of weathered, and he thought I wanted to put oil on the bulbs, then glass, etc. I just couldn’t anymore. So I thanked him, wished him a Merry Christmas, left, and bought the mailbox online. :laughing:

Went to Urgent Care with DD who was coughing. She was just getting over bronchitis before our trip, so I was worried she was working her way into a pneumonia. She was already taking typical cold meds, but they also started her on a steroid, an inhaler, and gave her some tessalon perles. I thought we might wind up in the ER overnight as she was in bronchospasm (couldn’t stop coughing), but we stuck her in the hot steamy shower (with my shower cap, which, I think, she was horrified to wear, lol), got her some hot tea with honey, and finally got it to stop. She was going to start the steroid this morning but we decided she should just start it last night. Thankfully she’s sleeping this morning. Called it post-viral bronchitis. She had it worse than me (yesterday) but I still have something going on in my lungs, as well, thankfully getting better every day. As my ENT had said before, doc said last night this can go on for weeks. 😬 DD never tested positive for Covid. Neither of us is contagious anymore.

After the doctors DD felt like an ice cream and asked me to swing by DQ. Hmm, what do I want. I almost always get a small vanilla or twist cone, but I felt like being more adventurous. So I got myself a banana split! The girl at the window asked if I wanted two spoons, and I said no, just one! :laughing: It actually wasn’t huge, but man, was it good! It’s probably been 20 years since I last had one, but it brought back a flood of good memories, so I really enjoyed it. And I ate every bite! DD got a sugar cookie blizzard. I did see that they had a peppermint stick blizzard and it was tempting, but once I got banana split in my head, that was it. Btw, DD had never had a banana split before. She tried a little and liked it. I mean, what’s not to like? One banana, two splats of ice cream, strawberries, pineapple, a tiny bit of hot fudge, and whippped cream. Perfect!

IMG_5631.jpeg

DH did grill the steak tips yesterday, and they were good also. Almost like a peppercorn marinade - with a little heat. Had those with a baked potato and grilled asparagus with lemon. Delish.

1702910169088.jpeg

Hope Snowysmom had a safe drive, we’re having torrential rains and winds this morning. 😬 Had to check the fence before I let the dogs out to make sure it didn’t blow down. (I’ve found Toto grazing in the neighbor’s grass before, lol. Grady hasn’t experienced that yet, but I don’t want him to scare anybody. He’s gotten friendly with our neighbor on the other side’s new puppy, though. She sent me video of them playing through the fence. Too cute. He’s a big goof but people get scared sometimes of a German Shepherd and he might get scared if someone else gets scared, etc.)

Have a good Monday, everyone! 🐥 Glad to hear people experiencing difficulties are doing better! ❤️ 🙏

Last edited:
QOTD: Do you eat the potato skin?

DH and I do! Besides it tasting yummy, there’s a lot of fiber and nutrients in the skin, where it grows. We always gobble it up. DD doesn’t eat hers so we were talking about it yesterday. DH told her the story of once when we were dating early on, I’d apparently gotten up to use the ladies room and he reached over and ate my potato skin! Not surprised, he’s a big man and had a big appetite in those days. Friends were with us and got a big kick out of it. I don’t remember any of it! I do remember him picking up his steak bone and gnawing on it. I must’ve done one of these 😳 because my friend’s husband was like, “It’s fine, I do the same thing!” Sure miss the Hilltop!

Last edited:
Good morning!

I still always think of Mona, too, when I see nativity sets. I see so many here and there, but I’m not sure what she’s looking for. Explain it again, Mona!

We still haven’t gotten our tree up yet. Between painting the house and travel and illnesses we haven’t had time or inclination yet. Maybe tonight. We at least got the gifts we needed and our cards, still have to send cards out and wrap, but we don’t have much, just the Yankee Swap gifts (4). Want to get all that done before I start my work shifts. DH has been concentrating on finishing painting the house where the weather was mild. He did have to go to work on Saturday after all, so that was a bust. But yesterday he was able to get most of it done, and it looks so nice and fresh! Normally we decorate the outside, but I don’t think that’s going to happen this year. If I can find them, I’ll put candles in the windows.

I ordered a new mailbox last night and was lucky to find the one I wanted at 50% off. Lowe’s was a waste of time, the elderly gentleman in the store had no clue and was insisting the 4x4 pole you need was in the box, which it definitely wasn’t. It even said “pole sold separately“. I’d also asked him about which oil was needed to touch up the finish on our outdoor onion lamps, which had become sort of weathered, and he thought I wanted to put oil on the bulbs, then glass, etc. I just couldn’t anymore. So I thanked him, wished him a Merry Christmas, left, and bought the mailbox online. :laughing:

Went to Urgent Care with DD who was coughing. She was just getting over bronchitis before our trip, so I was worried she was working her way into a pneumonia. She was already taking typical cold meds, but they also started her on a steroid, an inhaler, and gave her some tessalon perles. I thought we might wind up in the ER overnight as she was in bronchospasm (couldn’t stop coughing), but we stuck her in the hot steamy shower (with my shower cap, which, I think, she was horrified to wear, lol), got her some hot tea with honey, and finally got it to stop. She was going to start the steroid this morning but we decided she should just start it last night. Thankfully she’s sleeping this morning. Called it post-viral bronchitis. She had it worse than me (yesterday) but I still have something going on in my lungs, as well, thankfully getting better every day. As my ENT had said before, doc said last night this can go on for weeks. 😬 DD never tested positive for Covid. Neither of us is contagious anymore.

After the doctors DD felt like an ice cream and asked me to swing by DQ. Hmm, what do I want. I almost always get a small vanilla or twist cone, but I felt like being more adventurous. So I got myself a banana split! The girl at the window asked if I wanted two spoons, and I said no, just one! :laughing: It actually wasn’t huge, but man, was it good! It’s probably been 20 years since I last had one, but it brought back a flood of good memories, so I really enjoyed it. And I ate every bite! DD got a sugar cookie blizzard. I did see that they had a peppermint stick blizzard and it was tempting, but once I got banana split in my head, that was it. Btw, DD had never had a banana split before. She tried a little and liked it. I mean, what’s not to like? One banana, two splats of ice cream, strawberries, pineapple, a tiny bit of hot fudge, and whippped cream. Perfect!

View attachment 818573

DH did grill the steak tips yesterday, and they were good also. Almost like a peppercorn marinade - with a little heat. Had those with a baked potato and grilled asparagus with lemon. Delish.

View attachment 818577

Hope Snowysmom had a safe drive, we’re having torrential rains and winds this morning. 😬 Had to check the fence before I let the dogs out to make sure it didn’t blow down. (I’ve found Toto grazing in the neighbor’s grass before, lol. Grady hasn’t experienced that yet, but I don’t want him to scare anybody. He’s gotten friendly with our neighbor on the other side’s new puppy, though. She sent me video of them playing through the fence. Too cute. He’s a big goof but people get scared sometimes of a German Shepherd and he might get scared if someone else gets scared, etc.)

Have a good Monday, everyone! 🐥 Glad to hear people experiencing difficulties are doing better! ❤️ 🙏
Ahh, love the food pics! We had pork tenderloin, with chopped apple, smashed potatoes, brussels sprouts last night,

Your DD - honey and tea, good choice. I usually boil a sliced lemon in about 2 cups of water, then dump and squish into a cup and add honey until it is sweet. It's been soothing throats in my family for many years. But if no lemons, honey and tea is my next best.

And, I let the Yorkie out this morning and finished with the dishwasher. Opened the door and he doesn't come running. Looked and my deck 'gate' has blown over with the wind. There he was far down in the field enjoying his freedom, smelling deer scent and cat scent and squirrel and whatever else comes there at night.

Called him and he came running, but not until I had to put on my jacket and get a leash.

He's happily back in his indoor spot right now.

It's 52 and windy here 23mph. I'll take it since it's also blue sky and sunny right now.

Ahh, love the food pics! We had pork tenderloin, with chopped apple, smashed potatoes, brussels sprouts last night,

Your DD - honey and tea, good choice. I usually boil a sliced lemon in about 2 cups of water, then dump and squish into a cup and add honey until it is sweet. It's been soothing throats in my family for many years. But if no lemons, honey and tea is my next best.

And, I let the Yorkie out this morning and finished with the dishwasher. Opened the door and he doesn't come running. Looked and my deck 'gate' has blown over with the wind. There he was far down in the field enjoying his freedom, smelling deer scent and cat scent and squirrel and whatever else comes there at night.

Called him and he came running, but not until I had to put on my jacket and get a leash.

He's happily back in his indoor spot right now.

It's 52 and windy here 23mph. I'll take it since it's also blue sky and sunny right now.
Omg, spoke too soon! Glad she cooperated! :goodvibes Our biggest fear is Toto getting out because he will take off if he’s not in a fenced area.

I like the lemon and honey, thank you. DD will try it. She said she read something similar (on Reddit) they called it their grandmothers remedy, which also added some whiskey, too! I said, well, in the old days, that‘s all they had to work with. :laughing: And it worked then!

Your pork dinner sounds good, too!

:wave:Good Morning a little later dear friends with love.

💕Lynn, you are taking care of YOU! No explanation needed just please keep doing so my friend! Extra love to you indeed.

Pea, many prayers for your DD. GOOD for you for treating yourself! I pray your ice cream was a delicious delight all-around :)I'm sorry to be Nativity set pickier. To me, all that matters always and only is that reverence and respect is shown to Christ and in this case His earthly parents, too. Thanks Lynn for sharing this picture and memory with us. I still love the simplicity of it and that animals are included. I would want that s I absolutely believe all the real animals present at Jesus' birth knew He was/IS special. Here is a link to a picture of my full size Nativity from last year. https://www.disboards.com/threads/q...ll-is-welcome.3796858/page-1046#post-64450490 I am looking for a set similar to Lynn's. It does not have to be a snow globe just again respectful. No cartoony faces or blank faces and definitely some animals. Of course, no glitter. I would love something transportable that doesn't need set up and that can easily be placed on our card table or wherever beside a small Christmas tree. Does this make sense I hope!

Judique, you and your dog take good care and be safe please.

God's Presence with me throughout this recent journey is truly a miracle. When I look back on where I was 2 weeks ago today, His Mercy is just astounding. How I pray to be saying thanks through my life in even the tiniest of way to and always for Him! Last night itself was a miracle of His love. Sleep is slowly returning to closer to normal. I still do need to get up often during the night and do require dad's help with that. Dad has said he only gives me a little lift while I do 90% of the physical work of standing. Once I am secure on the walker, I am good. I shared this a week or so ago. Today, it's even more true. I'm healing by His Care.

Last night, I slept an hour and a half+ a few times in between times. Now, getting up after being sedentary longer is not fun. I sure do need the extra rest. By the miracle that is Glod and His Mercy and love alone, healing Hand, I have come so far from 2 weeks ago! God's Hand of LOVE and miracles have been so very much with me! I in prayer get down on my knees in utter thanks. I pray to be thanking Him no matter what through my life from Him! I only give credit to Christ. Not anything I am doing. All Glory always to Him, just sharing. It is so encouraging to see progress!

Jesus loves you dear Quackers. He is with and for you. I love you all too. In advance my sincere apologies for probably not sending out as many Christmas cards as I normally would. You all know why and also that my message to each of you especially right now is one of peace, joy, health and most of all closer walk in service of praise with God. I will try to send out some mail and definitely will do so in the new year. Have a good day friends.

Good morning

We did go to my brothers on Saturday, and it was nice meeting my great nieces and nephews. One of my nephews gave me a "diamond" from his plastic gems. The twins are in the terrible twos but fun to watch. They definitely have different personalities. My nephew was home from Colorado so that was a treat and as we were leaving, I introduced myself to his fiancée as nobody bothered to do it before then. I was so tired after the 4-hour ride down and 5-hour ride back that even though I slept in the car I took a nap yesterday too.

I woke up to 60 degrees and heavy rain. Now it's in the 40's and very windy but the rain seems to have let up.

Now the bad news and we can use all the prayers you can muster. Anthony had an MRI yesterday and it was worse than we imagined. He tore his ACL again and threw in the MCL for good measure. He is out of baseball for another year if he will ever be able to play again. My poor daughter called me sobbing as she is blaming herself. She keeps saying she should have forbidden him from wrestling. We just need to look forward to the surgery getting done and rehab getting his knee stronger for his junior year and baseball. I know he can do it but it is going to be hard. Please keep them in your prayers. It isn't going to be a very Merry Christmas around here.

Hope you all have a better day than we are right now.

@tazdev3225 So sorry to hear about Anthony. Life has really thrown him a curve ball this time (no pun intended).

We had full sun, now it's gray and doing something outside precipitation wise, along with the winds. They just announced schools were closing early and all evening activities have been cancelled. I think that's just for safety's sake, since most of the bad weather is supposed to be to the extreme west of us. I just let my sister in law know, so they could get an earlier start

Fed Ex just left 3 heavy Chewy boxes on my front porch, and 2 smaller ones from Bath and Body Works. I have 3 more packages coming this week and that should be the end of it. I want to make sure I have enough cat food and litter, and ice melt for the winter so I don't have to go out if I don't want to. I haven't driven in a lot of snow since I lived in MA, and they say we may get quite a bit this winter.
I'm debating getting a snow blower, but I really have no place to keep it. both sheds are full and I don't want to leave it outside. I may ask Dave if he'll come and plow when he does all of his other clients. And until then, I'll just pray for not a lot of snow, lol

QOTD-- I always eat the potato skins, it's the best part of a baked potato for me!

Tazdev… so sorry to hear Anthony’s test results, I’m sure everyone is reeling from the diagnosis. It is so hard for those involved in sports to go through an injury.

Lynn… I’m so proud of you for knowing, what you need and what you are capable of doing during this time. I hope, that those in your life can give you grace during this time.

Mona… so happy to hear that you are making steady progress.

Pea n Me… prayers for your daughter, this virus going around is nasty And I’m sure will get worse over the holi days.

QOTD… love the skins!

QOTD… what is everyone making for the holidays? I am making a ham for the 23rd, roast beef for the 24th, and artichoke dip, cheesy olive bread, and shrimp tarts to take to my sisters on the 25th. Then there is breakfasts and lunches everyday🫣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter