Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Mona Glad to hear you are improving daily.

bobbiwoz I love the t shirt. Chris and I fed the birds and other small critters at our house. They would wait for the window to open and the food to come out. I miss that.

Good morning. I am still at Kenny's but heading back to the condo for 2 nights. Then back to Kenny's for the weekend. We have Ethan's birthday party on Saturday. He will be 7. Kenny hired a truck that is full of video games to come to the house. I plan on staying in the house where it will be warm and quiet. New year's Eve will be with Kenny and the kids. We get Chinese food and snacks.

Kenny will be working on my backsplash tomorrow and Friday. I am in the office tomorrow but he can let himself in and can find the snacks and drinks. I will buy him lunch. We also bought concrete filler to fill in the big crack in the basement as well as a couple other ones. We are expecting rain for the next 2 days so it will be a test of the grading project they did.

Have a good day.

Mona Glad to hear you are improving daily.

bobbiwoz I love the t shirt. Chris and I fed the birds and other small critters at our house. They would wait for the window to open and the food to come out. I miss that.

Good morning. I am still at Kenny's but heading back to the condo for 2 nights. Then back to Kenny's for the weekend. We have Ethan's birthday party on Saturday. He will be 7. Kenny hired a truck that is full of video games to come to the house. I plan on staying in the house where it will be warm and quiet. New year's Eve will be with Kenny and the kids. We get Chinese food and snacks.

Kenny will be working on my backsplash tomorrow and Friday. I am in the office tomorrow but he can let himself in and can find the snacks and drinks. I will buy him lunch. We also bought concrete filler to fill in the big crack in the basement as well as a couple other ones. We are expecting rain for the next 2 days so it will be a test of the grading project they did.

Have a good day.

Happy birthday to Ethan! My DD is 45 on Saturday. Then on the 31st, my oldest granddaughter turns 8.

Three weeks later on January 19th, younger GD turns 7. I'm in between on the 17th, so we have lots of Xmas birthday experience.

Good morning everyone.

Slept in till 6:30 and enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee while I watch the news. Temps today to be mild - mid 50's, but it's going to be raining steady all day so not a great day to be outside. I think I'm going to start my yearly purge of stuff I don't need/use. I'm going to start in the laundry room. We also have a area, like a storage room, that connects our walk out basement to the garage on the other side of the house - it's full of boxes on storage racks that we put up when we moved here almost 10 years ago! I need to go thru that area finally. So I think that is going to be my focus today and tomorrow.
Finished my travel arrangements for the family trip to WDW later next month. We rented points, so everyone is getting their own studio at OKW....OKW not my first (or second) choice BUT we tend to book late due to our changing schedules so we also know we have to take what we can get. One of these days I'll get my ducks in a row and book 11 months out :thumbsup2 . Anyway, so we decided to fly down a day early and couldn't add on to our existing reservations so I booked everyone a room at POR since we are spending that first afternoon/evening at the Springs. Booked a car service to pick us up and drop us off at MCO, and booked my parking at The Parking Spot at BWI airport. So, that's all done.
Have a nice morning everyone -

Good morning everyone!:earsboy:

I've been pretty busy. I worked Friday and Saturday night. Tried to grab a few hours of sleep Sunday morning when I got home but that didn't work out. Kids came over Sunday around 2:30 for our Xmas. We just had appetizers and I got a sandwich tray for the butcher's. Everyone enjoyed their gifts. I worked Xmas Day and I picked up 1/2 of the night shift last night.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Xmas.

It got into the 50's around here, I turned my heat off. Not sure that the weather is supposed to be this week.

I'm making chili tonight. Mitchell got me the Disney Parks Cookbook for Xmas. The chili recipe sounds really good and it doesn't look too hard. It calls for ground beef and stew meat, I've never had chili with stew meat before.

Back to work, have a great day! :wave:

Below is our family Xmas picture.

Attachments

• xmas.jpg
    xmas.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 12
Good morning everyone.

Slept in till 6:30 and enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee while I watch the news. Temps today to be mild - mid 50's, but it's going to be raining steady all day so not a great day to be outside. I think I'm going to start my yearly purge of stuff I don't need/use. I'm going to start in the laundry room. We also have a area, like a storage room, that connects our walk out basement to the garage on the other side of the house - it's full of boxes on storage racks that we put up when we moved here almost 10 years ago! I need to go thru that area finally. So I think that is going to be my focus today and tomorrow.
Finished my travel arrangements for the family trip to WDW later next month. We rented points, so everyone is getting their own studio at OKW....OKW not my first (or second) choice BUT we tend to book late due to our changing schedules so we also know we have to take what we can get. One of these days I'll get my ducks in a row and book 11 months out :thumbsup2 . Anyway, so we decided to fly down a day early and couldn't add on to our existing reservations so I booked everyone a room at POR since we are spending that first afternoon/evening at the Springs. Booked a car service to pick us up and drop us off at MCO, and booked my parking at The Parking Spot at BWI airport. So, that's all done.
Have a nice morning everyone -

You might consider if you haven't already, asking the rental owner or agency to add a 'travel with' designation onto each reservation, especially since OKW is so spread out. This may get some in the same courtyard at least. Enjoy!

OKW has great one and two bedrooms but it's always nice to be able to close your own door.

Good morning everyone!:earsboy:

I've been pretty busy. I worked Friday and Saturday night. Tried to grab a few hours of sleep Sunday morning when I got home but that didn't work out. Kids came over Sunday around 2:30 for our Xmas. We just had appetizers and I got a sandwich tray for the butcher's. Everyone enjoyed their gifts. I worked Xmas Day and I picked up 1/2 of the night shift last night.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Xmas.

It got into the 50's around here, I turned my heat off. Not sure that the weather is supposed to be this week.

I'm making chili tonight. Mitchell got me the Disney Parks Cookbook for Xmas. The chili recipe sounds really good and it doesn't look too hard. It calls for ground beef and stew meat, I've never had chili with stew meat before.

Back to work, have a great day! :wave:

Below is our family Xmas picture.

Beautiful family picture! We have one also but I can't post it as my son does not want the grandchild's picture posted.

Good morning. Still dumping down the rain, hasn't stopped since yesterday afternoon. Thankfully the temps are in the 50's so it's not snow.

I have to take the trash down, but unlike the last 6 weeks, I only have 2 normal size trash bags and 1 box. That should surprise the trash men, lol

I'm going to do errands and grocery shopping tomorrow. I want to give the stores 1 more day to slow down a bit. I have 2 returns to make to Walmart, but if the service desk is busy, I'll just wait another week. I have my receipts so I still have time. I just got both things from them online on Friday.
Have a nice day everyone.

1703686770864.png

Good Morning dear friends🐥❤️

God's Mercy truly is miraculous. He continues to heal me and enable me and thus dad to get more sleep and rest. We are so beyond blessed indeed. Thank you, each of you, extra and always for your belief in me and encouragement along with kind prayer and most of all sharing your faith. I so enjoy all of your shared every morning. It is easy to imagine all of us sitting around a living room (or perhaps DL hotel room) just relaxing and enjoying being together. Thank you for being a Quacker family member. Have a great day.

ETA:

Thank you all again always for your friendships and kindly helping to make my dad's birthday postcard surprise so meaningful. I have over 200 postcards for this! By God's grace and the kindness of so many people including a lot of dear you, He connected to participate in this, I have greetings from family and or friends in all 50 states and even some countries! Such a blessing.

I do have extra blank postcards from the below states. Should you or anyone you know live in that state and would be willing to PM me a birthday greeting for my dad I would appreciate it tremendously. I will copy/paste your message into Word, print it out, and then paste it onto the back of the extra postcard. No snail mail on your part needed. Please PM me by the end of this week. Thank you so much. God Bless You. Hugs!

Alaska (I have 2 postcards)
Idaho
Kansas
Louisiana
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Montana (I have 3 postcards)
New Jersey
Nevada

Last edited:
Just a quick hello. Starting a work stretch.

Sounds like everyone had a decent holiday! Same here. Love the pic, Jen! Beautiful family.

Glad you had such a good response with the postcards, Mona. Good luck with the rain, Snowysmom. 🤞

Easy, we loved OKW a lot. One of our favorite things to do was to take the path down back that goes through the golf course and SSR to Disney Springs, it was so pretty. We biked it but saw people walking. (Not bad if weather is cool, I’d say.) We had two studios, booked separately. We did the old fashioned “fax in a request” a week before, and it worked - we got rooms right next to eachother, all set up when we got there. Friends of ours own at OKW and they love the Turtle Pond area. We were closer to the front and enjoyed being there. Sounds like a fun trip!

I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday! 🐥

OKW has great one and two bedrooms but it's always nice to be able to close your own door.

Easy, we loved OKW a lot.

Thanks for the tips! This will actually be our 4th time staying there, we were there most recently in 2021 I think. Our reservations are noted as traveling together but honestly, being next to each other or even in the same building isn't super important to us, we don't plan on "moving as a group" all day long...that would drive me bonkers! I guestimate we will spend about 50% of our time together, maybe a bit less. Besides, the kids haven't been in over 10 years whereas we don't spend a ton of time in the parks anymore so I'm thinking everyone will have a different idea of how to best spend their days. Did make several dining reservations together, so that should be nice.

Rain is coming down steady. A lovely, dark day here. Husband is moving much better. A week ago Monday, and he was able to ditch his cane by Sunday. Still icing, elevating as needed, pain is minimal and no longer taking the Advil (messes w/ his stomach so he's happy to do without). Now comes the hard part, keeping him from overdoing it since he is healing so well!

Laundry room cleared out, on to the next project. Laundry or basement stuff. Decisions Decisions.

Dinner this evening is grilled chicken legs and a squash we have that is getting long in the tooth.

Good evening.

Just popped on to ask for some prayers again. My son-in-law was just rushed to the hospital by fire rescue with trouble breathing.

I will post more tomorrow when I get home from Lancaster, if I still manage to go. I hope 2024 is better than this year has ended. And thank you all for being so supportive even if I don't always respond I do pray for you all as needed.

Good evening.

Just popped on to ask for some prayers again. My son-in-law was just rushed to the hospital by fire rescue with trouble breathing.

I will post more tomorrow when I get home from Lancaster, if I still manage to go. I hope 2024 is better than this year has ended. And thank you all for being so supportive even if I don't always respond I do pray for you all as needed.
Consider it done.

I also wish that 2024 will be better for all of us

Thinking of you and your family extra dear Taz🙏❤️Good Morning friends with love. Up earlier due to unexpected, or at least not realizing I should prepare for if needed, time of month. I may be almost at the end of this monthly mess, but still have some way to go. Oh well. Did get more sleep otherwise. Grace of God also, sitting down in bathroom, I was able to put on clean pajama pants without dad's help! Amazing mercy and healing progress. He is always with us all. How blessed we all are!

Wishing all of you a peaceful Thursday:grouphug:

Good morning. Very foggy outside, temp is almost 50. Sun should come out today and be mid to upper 50's. I'm just waiting. Usually if we have a big spurt of nice weather, we get slammed with a surprise snow storm, lol.

Going to do errands and grocery shopping today, not much of anything else on the agenda. I watched a few more episodes of Virgin River on Netflix last night.

Still haven't heard from Summer since she texted me Merry Christmas on Monday. I'm not calling her. I knew this is how it was going to go. A big show of emotion and then back to not hearing from her. That's the way she wants it, she can have it that way. I'll manage.

Have a good day everyone.

1703770533043.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter