• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Warm :grouphug:to all and thank you all for your morning shares. I may not always reply individually but absolutely read each message and all mean a lot to me because each of you do! I need to know all of my Quacker family members are ok :) I had a nice morning nap so far and got to talk with my 100+ year old friend Sue--she really is amazing. Dad is doing laundry. Trying to stay warm, way too cold here for me! Please those of you in truly arctic climates keep well and cozy. Have a great day friends and I will check back later.

@Judique -

Oh well I am wresting for the rest of the day. Jim had his work reunion breakfast so I got to deep clean without him underfoot. Once a month while he is gone I give the house a deeper cleaning. I do light cleaning the rest of the month. All the decorations are down so it was nice to get in the are where the tree was. My cats made it their home and I swear I vacuumed up an extra animal.

Hope you all have a nice day and those in the way of the weather moving up the east coast I pray you don't have to many problems from it.
It's the best to have good neighbors!

I laughed when I read about vacuuming up an extra animal! That happens here also, and especially when I clean out Dog's cage area because he is also blocking some cabinets that his hair gets under. I never see it until I move his area completely.

We are getting the rain we didn't really get last time. There is presently a small river running through the lower part of my back yard. This causes me no problems as my house is on elevated land a couple of hundred feet away. And, as soon as it stops raining the water will be gone as it empties into a natural brook which empties into a man made retention pond about a 1/4 mile away.

Had an appointment this morning to replace my windshield which had spread across in front of my eyes.

My DD came and picked me up and dropped me back after they called 3 and a half hours later. They had to take it to the dealer to get all the cameras recalibrated. It was already set up for both companies so I knew approximately when I'd get it returned. Nice to 'see' again even if it was pouring.

They also gave me a 10% discount I wasn't expecting. Three glass jobs on three vehicles this year.

Good morning. The weatherman was wrong again. When I went to bed at 1 am it was 36 degrees. We were supposed to start as rain and then turn to snow,, and then back to rain. I did not plan on waking up this morning to find another 2" of heavy snow that I had to shovel again

I've been thinking of you ever since about 7:30 this morning when my husbands cousin sent us a picture from his place (he's in Swanton) and he had 9" already. I said "send it my way"!!!!

Rain, rain and more rain here. And wind, but not so bad. Supposed to pick up later, our high tides are expected to be 3-6 feet higher than normal so I predict a ride down to the dock later to see what's going on.

It seems like we get the weather you guys get a day or few after you get it, oftentimes. It’s kind of yucky out today but as someone else mentioned, we have a wind storm warning in effect for tomorrow. Those we have to watch in case our fencing blows down so the dogs don’t get out. Even they’ve been chilly in the house their noses are cold and they curl up near us or in a blanket whenever they can.

Toto wasn’t feeling well yesterday he vomited a few times, though he wasn’t “sick”. DH thinks it happens when he eats rabbit poop out in the yard. Ugh. (I hope not.) DD and I managed to get half a Tums down his throat but he was antsy and couldn’t get comfortable. He’s a lot better today, thankfully. It happens every month or two.

Speaking of trips last night we got a bite to eat out after work, didn’t feel like shopping or cooking, and we were saying that maybe we should go on our winter trip. Everything is already paid for and I really don’t feel like fighting with the insurance company for reimbursement or doctor’s appts and all that to verify Long Covid or whatever. it might do us some good to get away for a bit, so we’ll see. I do want to be there for DS’s games. It seemed like a lot of fun last year.

DS wound up in the ER - again - last night, and was upset when he came home. (DD and I waited up for him till well after midnight, knowing, and had bought him an ice cream.) A young woman spit in his face and it got in his eye, so he had to have if flushed out. Seems he’s in the ER almost monthly for something that’s happened on the job. 😬 Honestly I no longer wonder why people don’t want to go into law enforcement anymore. This is how they’re treated and worse, and there’s very little support for them. (Though he is fortunate to have it.) I reminded him that soon he’ll be in the air, and he said, “Thank God”. 😟 On NYE there was another lady that was just completely out of control berating staff and wouldn’t leave. The spitter also had hidden contraband which could’ve been an issue. I worry about that.

On a lighter note, umm, not sure I have one, lol. Work was good yesterday, that’s a good thing. I had made a suggestion about a new policy and it actually went through, so that was a nice feeling.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. 🐥

I've been thinking of you ever since about 7:30 this morning when my husbands cousin sent us a picture from his place (he's in Swanton) and he had 9" already. I said "send it my way"!!!!

Rain, rain and more rain here. And wind, but not so bad. Supposed to pick up later, our high tides are expected to be 3-6 feet higher than normal so I predict a ride down to the dock later to see what's going on.
It's turned to rain here. So far all it's doing is making the snow that fell even heavier. I don't know where they came up with it being 48 degrees today, it's up to 37, which is pretty much where we started at 10 this morning. I cleared all the paths and where the plow kept dumping stuff. I called my nephew who's a big shot at the state highway department and told him to tell the guy to turn his blade. He's going way too close to the storm drain gulleys, and in turn he's throwing snow 10' up onto everyone's driveways. I have 8 steps going down the bank in the front yard to the street, and 6 of them were covered with plowed snow. That's a little much.

I've had it with shoveling, lol

I’d say we have about 4 inches now. It’s supposed to last until 3am. It is really starting to come down heavy now. They snow is heavy and wet, the evergreen branches are loaded.
I’ve been online off and on today trying to find some things I need for vacation ( who am I kidding, want is more like it). QOTD. How do all of you feel about packing cubes…. Compression or not? Any brands you have had good luck with?
Pea… sorry to hear about your son, I too understand why people want to get out of those types of professions.☹️

I’d say we have about 4 inches now. It’s supposed to last until 3am. It is really starting to come down heavy now. They snow is heavy and wet, the evergreen branches are loaded.
I’ve been online off and on today trying to find some things I need for vacation ( who am I kidding, want is more like it). QOTD. How do all of you feel about packing cubes…. Compression or not? Any brands you have had good luck with?
Pea… sorry to hear about your son, I too understand why people want to get out of those types of professions.☹️

I have an assortment of packing cubes, mostly no name cheaper ones from aAmazon. I like them, and I do feel they keep stuff organized and that more can fit in a suitcase. I've not used compression. It makes it easier to unpack if I'm in a room for a longer period. I just drop the packs in the drawers. Every trip includes a room for at least one night each way plus the time at Disney, so sometimes I keep most stuff in the car and feed what I need into a rolling upright carry on. Or in my case, a carry in.

Taz - loved the bald eagle pic. Magnificent birds. In Skagit County, WA they come to roost and there are outfits that will take you on the river to view them.

FlyingDumbo - much like you I really don't post individually but always read this thread.

Easy - the comment about 9" of snow :oops: All of King, Snohomish, Pierce, WA counties would be shutdown and the grocery shelves would be bare.

Pea - the lack of respect for LEO really ticks me off. I have several friends that are LEO's along with my nephew who is a detective. >:(

Cheers!

QOTD. How do all of you feel about packing cubes…. Compression or not? Any brands you have had good luck with?
I've never used them, but am curious to read the responses.

DS wound up in the ER - again - last night, and was upset when he came home. (DD and I waited up for him till well after midnight, knowing, and had bought him an ice cream.)
:hug:

Prayers extra to Pea's son and Toto, too! Always safety and warmth prayers, you know that, to each of you. Chilly, for me, evening here. Dad and I are waiting for Amazon. Target, did the absolute amazing and kind thing on our order that had all the trouble including no notification. Target not only sent us the order free which we got yesterday but refunded our Red Card! I just placed a new order that will just cost us $1.87! :)

Loving sweet dreams as forever to all. Stay cozy!

QOTD. How do all of you feel about packing cubes…. Compression or not? Any brands you have had good luck with?
Agree with @Judique. We really like using our packing cubes (regular, not compression). I can fit one week's worth of clothes into 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small cube. Dirty laundry is packed back into the cubes (lights, darks, colors) for easy unpacking and laundry sorting at home. We have cubes from Amazon, Rick Steves, and Magellan's -- all work fine.

Good morning! Spent Monday night in the hospital. I had blacked out and fallen in our shower in the morning. Luckily nothing is broken, but we called 911 because I couldn’t get up. I went to hospital with them. i was released yesterday and this morning I have an appointment for an open MRI. Tom called to check for cancellations, and there was one.

Every healthcare worker who transported, worked on me or brought me food was wonderful. I am saddened to read of one’s who are mistreated or violated in any way.

Since this is the test they need to really see what’s going on in my brain, I am so happy to have one earlier than my initial appointment, January 20!

Thank you all for your concerns, prayers and good wishes.

I use packing cubes for socks, underwear, and shirts. I like just taking out the cube and putting it into a drawer. It helped alot when we did bus tours and only stayed one or 2 nights at a hotel and then moved on to the next. I don't use the compression ones.

It has been raining and pouring and the wind howling all night. As I suspected, my basement is a mess. Water is rushing in 2 windows ,like Niagara Falls. I took pictures and sent them to the punch list. Nothing can be done right now and I suspect they will tell me it is ground water coming up into the window wells and overflowing into the basement. I blame myself for buying this condo near a small hill (or for buying it at all) but right now the hill does not seem to be the issue. Also I guess I should have researched ground water issues in the area. I just did not know. I also believe that this land should not have been developed due to the water issues. I told them this needs to be remedied before I have permanent damage to the basement. How can I sell this place down the road with this issue? Also, since I have been sending them pics for months this is part of the warranty and will be until it is fixed even if it goes beyond one year. I am thinking about selling once I get my 2 years in for tax purposes and need a dry basement. They may need to call in one of the basement technology companies. Today I just feel defeated. I see the therapist today which is fortuitous.

Off to work. Anyone in storm areas stay safe. Have a good day.

I am sorry to hear of both of these issues bobbi and Snowy. When it rains it pours seems appropriate? Super disappointing about the water. Bobbi I’m sorry you had a fall but glad you had good people tending to you at the hospital. Sending prayers for both of you this morning. 🙏

Dogs were soaked when they came in from a quick piddle this morning. Toto went under a blanket I think he was chilly besides being wet. He and I have to venture out in the cold rain today as he has a grooming appt. I also have to soak his lips before we go.

I never answered the QOTDs. Spices are kept in my corner spinning cabinet, at the bottom. They fit in there just right and the taller ones go to the side. I am always picking up spices if I see them for a good price. We use a lot of parsley, garlic powder and basil We go through them all every now and then, due again soon. We use grinders for our salt and pepper but we keep them in a different cabinet. We don’t use packing cubes.

@footballmouse I’m excited about your trip for you! You’ll need to tell us all about it.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday. 🐥

Good morning!☔

Bobbiwoz - sorry to hear about your fall, I'm sure that was terrifing. Good luck with the MRI today.

Snowysmom - your basement issue just sucks. My basement had the waterproof treatment before I moved in but I've been getting water from the wall behind my washer & dryer. I have to get it fixed soon.

Went over to my sister's last night so I could be there while she took a shower. She can get in and out of the shower by herself but someone needs to be there in case she gets her leg stuck. We haven't figured out how she can get her meals from the kitchen to the living room yet so she's just be eating food that she can put in a bag that is hanging on the walker that she's using.

Jacob has started his training to get his CDL license through his work. This week was all classroom work, next week starts the driving portion, this will last for the rest of the month. He's pretty excited.

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

Good windy morning. Isn't it supposed to be the calm after the storm? The winds have started and will continue until 5, with gusts up to 50 mph. Thanks to the rain, at least most of what I hadn't shoveled yesterday has disappeared from the driveway. We didn't get any notice of trash not being picked up today, so I leveled one of the snow piles at the end of the driveway and put the bags on top of it.

Going to go grocery shopping today, Summer is going with me. She called me yesterday and spent almost an hour telling me about Gracie's issues in school, to ask my opinion on if I thought she was overreacting (I don't, I would be doing the same thing). She had gone out with a sophomore (football player) for a little while last year. After they broke up, he started bullying her (which is odd, because he himself was badly bullied when he was overweight. Now that same boy is bullying Gracie, and has been for months. The school won't do anything about it. Last week, In front of a classroom full of students he told her he wished she would either kill herself or just die. Gracie reported it to the school, as did Summer, and once again, the school says they can't do anything about it. That it's a 'he said she said' situation. Lily 9Gracie's older sister, showed Summer texts from other kids as proof (including this boys girfriend), stating that he did say it and they heard it. Summer wrote a letter and brought it into school with copies of those messages. She's giving them until Friday to do something about this kid for harassment, and then taking it to the superintendent if nothing is done. This is going past bullying now.

@Snowysmom --That's terrible about the water issue

@bobbiwoz --I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope the tests lead to some resolution for you.

Have a good day everyone.

1704892581198.png

Good morning! Spent Monday night in the hospital. I had blacked out and fallen in our shower in the morning. Luckily nothing is broken, but we called 911 because I couldn’t get up. I went to hospital with them. i was released yesterday and this morning I have an appointment for an open MRI. Tom called to check for cancellations, and there was one.

Every healthcare worker who transported, worked on me or brought me food was wonderful. I am saddened to read of one’s who are mistreated or violated in any way.

Since this is the test they need to really see what’s going on in my brain, I am so happy to have one earlier than my initial appointment, January 20!

Thank you all for your concerns, prayers and good wishes.

I 'loved' this post because you are okay after your fall and are going to get an 'open' MRI sooner than expected.

I also fear falling in my bath because of occasional dizziness. I did fall backwards into my tub on one occasion and couldn't get out easily until my DD helped. Banged up my elbow, but otherwise okay.

Hope the MRI gives good news, an easily treated issue.

Luckily nothing is broken
Sorry to hear about your fall, but glad you aren't feeling to bad. That's great they can get you into the MRI sooner.
As I suspected, my basement is a mess
Sounds like your documenting everything is the way to go.
Isn't it supposed to be the calm after the storm?
It's still windy here as well. Our tides were super high, highest we've ever seen at our place. Sounds like Summer is on the right track - although- and I'm not a shrinking violet so maybe it's just me - I would at this point pepper everyone with a copy of that letter and not wait till Friday. Copy her teachers, copy the county school superintendent, whomever heads the PTA, the State superintendent and her local State Reps. & Senators. Copy them all on the letter and include the fact that she has brought this up multiple times (and on what dates and to whom she spoke to) with no resolution. Higher Ups will be pissed she's calling them all out and deal with it so she stops making noise. Squeaky wheel and all that.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter