Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Thursday Morning.pooh:

Wow did we have the wind yesterday 🌬️. Supposed to continue today with bad rain starting tomorrow ⛈️. Snow this weekend and then the temps drop to the single digits. Here comes winter!🥶

Had my eye exam yesterday. She said the reason why I have trouble reading a book is most likely b/c my glasses are set for computer distance and not close up reading like a book. Got a new prescription for glasses and I'm supposed to use one pair for computer work and the other pair for reading, we'll see how that goes. I'll probably see if the new pair will work for both.👓

Had a hair appointment after my eye appointment, nother major, just a trim.✂️

Watched the Price is Right at Night and Raid the Cage. Wow, the night version of Price is Right gives away some major prizes and money 💰. The one game where you want to win the car and getting the piggy bank amount is the worst was the opposite last night. The lady won $62,000 in the piggy bank, more than the car she could have won!😳

Going to try to clean my house tonight but I need to run over to my sister's again to fill her ice machine for her knee and be there so she can get a shower again🚿. I work this weekend so tonight is my only night to clean. I probably will just wait and do it Monday since I'm off work for the holiday.

Stopped at Panera last night and used my gift card. Dang, that is an expensive place!💵 I tried a bowl (teriyaki chicken, broccoli and rice) it was 1/2 the size of a bowl from Chipotle and it was $14. It was ediable, Chili the cat liked it, but I wouldn't get it again.

Bosses just rolled in so back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

I just realized I never checked in. I had things to do, phone kept ringing, sister in law kept texting and I just now sat down to look at my email and the DIS.
It's sunny and 45. Going to be rainy tomorrow, then the gradual cool down starts. Tuesday says watching a potential storm, but shows no precipitation that day or in the few following it

I stripped the bed and rotated the mattress, then remade it and washed the other sheets. I went out and picked up all the downed branches, fed the cats, and filled the bird feeders. Swiffered the kitchen and bathroom floors, and cleaned litter boxes.

I have a package coming today and I have to take 2 things out of it and repackage them along with one other thing and send them off to CO for my friend's birthday. I forgot Monday was a holiday and I have to get it there on time. We're trying to make plans for her trip here, and we're still discussing HI or FL. It's nice to have something to at least think about looking forward to.

Have a nice afternoon, I can't believe it's heading for 1 pm, lol

1704995060202.png

Just a quick Hello. I was in the office today and then came back to finish up my last hour of work. I am going to Kenny's for dinner tonight. Breakfast for dinner he said. Jeff is getting back from his work trip today. Ellie has a bad cough but the doctor said it is not anything major, just another virus. She had a chest xray.

Footballmouse How nice that you are nearby to help your sister after her knee surgery. I agree that Panera is expensive and just not that good.

Bobbiwoz Thinking of you. Hope you are feeling better.

Off for a walk and then to pick up some goodies for the grandkids. We are expecting more rain Saturday. I can't worry about it as I can do nothing about the water issue. I just hope they get it solved soon. It will need more than a sump pump but that is a start.

Have a good rest of the day.

Good, er, morning, I guess! :idea: Somehow this thread fell off my feed and I didn’t see it yesterday.

Anyway, hope all is well. Mona, just curious how did the TMJ affect your speech when you were young? I didn’t realize it did that, I just thought it hurt when one ate. If you want to share. I know a young man who speaks without moving his jaw much and it just dawned on me that maybe that’s his issue too? I’m sorry you were bullied. Same with everyone who shared their experiences.

Lynn, what do you do when you scan your grocery items? Tell me about that! I should probably do it whatever it is if it helps rotate things and keep track of them. I did a grocery order yesterday from a place I’ve been shopping for years. Used the same orders I’ve previously done. It used to be about $206 today it was $292 and with the fee it brought it up to just shy of $300! That’s after I put some items back. 😬 I hope things are going better for Summer’s daughter.

Snowysmom sorry you have to go down that road of pumps and drains, but glad you have cameraderie with your neighbors about it.

Dazed, I’m also glad you are part of a group of people you can share your common experiences with, too. :hug:

Easy and footballmouse you must be getting excited about your trips! :goodvibes

Hugs and 🙏 all around! Bobbi how did your MRI go?

We dealt with some bullying with both DD and DS in elementary and middle school, too. DD was slapped by another girl. She had some bad let downs by people she thought were her friends. And during puberty some of the boys were just awful. One used to pull her chair over to his and insist she go out with him. We had to report that. She was afraid to go to class.

DS was ganged up on in the locker room by a bunch of boys two years older who didn’t like that he’d struck them out during a game and they’d lost. DS didn’t say anything to us but the vice principal called saying he took care of it. He was also pushed down the stairs requiring an Urgent Care visit for an injured arm. Kids can be awful.

Knowing what I know today I think I would consider more carefully alternate learning if we were just starting out.

I hope everyone has a Good Friday and a good weekend. I’m starting a work stretch! 🐥

Pea so Sorry your kids had to deal with bullying. I was bullied for being heavy. It was back it the days when no one really helped kids being bullied. I am glad now it is at least an issue. My sons were both bullied a couple of times but we dealt with it through the school and thankfully it stopped. Groceries are becoming so expensive. I hope you have a peaceful work stretch.

Lynn I hope Summer is able to get some solutions to the bullying.

I had dinner with Kenny and family yesterday. We also took a walk with the dog. I like being with them but leaving to go back to the condo to be by myself is hard. I usually end up crying. Jeff got back safely from San Fran. I hope to see him and the family this weekend. Kenny is coming by tomorrow to finish the backsplash.

My neighbor mentioned installing a water softener. She said alot of people here have one. We have well water and lots of rocks and ledge so the water is most likely hard. Kenny suggested testing the water to be sure. It is expensive to install the system, about $1700 along with filter changes every 8 months. My neighbor priced it out. I am noticing my hair and skin are not as soft and getting a bit itchy. It makes sense now. Another decision to make when making decisions is making me crazy and I never make the right one.

Have a good day.

Good morning, all 🙂

I'm another who didn't post yesterday, but was just busy doing other things. Finally got the outdoor Christmas stuff packed up and put away, ran some errands, chatted with MIL on the phone, and helped DS with some Excel stuff.

Mentioning MIL reminds me that they've always had a sump pump, too, @Snowysmom. It seems to do its job really well - I never feel like their house is damp or anything, and I've been down in their basement. I just assumed it was a pretty common thing around here.

I could definitely do with a change in the weather to some sunny days, but I'm looking forward to the weekend, outside or in. We plan to watch a movie here at home on Saturday, and my cousin is bringing her little ones over on Monday when they're off school. - Last time they were here, they were fascinated with photocopying stuff on my printer. :laughing: This time there will Christmas presents, so we'll probably play the game I bought them.

Lynn, what do you do when you scan your grocery items? Tell me about that! I should probably do it whatever it is if it helps rotate things and keep track of them. I did a grocery order yesterday from a place I’ve been shopping for years. Used the same orders I’ve previously done. It used to be about $206 today it was $292 and with the fee it brought it up to just shy of $300! That’s after I put some items back. 😬 I hope things are going better for Summer’s daughter.
It doesn't really help rotating things or keeping track of them. I belong to NCP online. I use my phone to do it. You pick the store you shopped at, some stores are in their system and all you have to do is scan the upc code. Other's you have to do that and also enter the price. You choose the quantity, if there was a coupon, and and go to the next item. At the end you enter the total, where you use the item, and how you paid and submit. You get points every week that add up for gift cards. I've gotten a lot of them over the years. You used to have to use a computer and it was nowhere near as easy as it is now. They have special games sometimes where you can win prizes, and if you scan weekly you get entered into the monthly drawing for prizes. I won a $150 gift card a few months ago.
I usually rotate what I buy anyhow. If it's canned goods, they go behind what was already in the cabinet (except for cat food. I go through it too often to worry about.

I've done it for almost 20 years, so it's just a habit with me now, lol

Pea so Sorry your kids had to deal with bullying. I was bullied for being heavy. It was back it the days when no one really helped kids being bullied. I am glad now it is at least an issue. My sons were both bullied a couple of times but we dealt with it through the school and thankfully it stopped. Groceries are becoming so expensive. I hope you have a peaceful work stretch.

Lynn I hope Summer is able to get some solutions to the bullying.

I had dinner with Kenny and family yesterday. We also took a walk with the dog. I like being with them but leaving to go back to the condo to be by myself is hard. I usually end up crying. Jeff got back safely from San Fran. I hope to see him and the family this weekend. Kenny is coming by tomorrow to finish the backsplash.

My neighbor mentioned installing a water softener. She said alot of people here have one. We have well water and lots of rocks and ledge so the water is most likely hard. Kenny suggested testing the water to be sure. It is expensive to install the system, about $1700 along with filter changes every 8 months. My neighbor priced it out. I am noticing my hair and skin are not as soft and getting a bit itchy. It makes sense now. Another decision to make when making decisions is making me crazy and I never make the right one.

Have a good day.
Kenny has the right idea.

The worst water we ever had was in South Texas in the late 70ties to early 80ties. You could see stuff swirling around in it yet it was supposedly safe to drink. We always used bottled water for drinking. Even now when I go to Florida I can't use tap water for my coffee or to drink. I have a big case of Costco water that I bring with me. At home I have filtered water from my fridge, and it's almost time to change that filter.

It doesn't really help rotating things or keeping track of them. I belong to NCP online. I use my phone to do it. You pick the store you shopped at, some stores are in their system and all you have to do is scan the upc code. Other's you have to do that and also enter the price. You choose the quantity, if there was a coupon, and and go to the next item. At the end you enter the total, where you use the item, and how you paid and submit. You get points every week that add up for gift cards. I've gotten a lot of them over the years. You used to have to use a computer and it was nowhere near as easy as it is now. They have special games sometimes where you can win prizes, and if you scan weekly you get entered into the monthly drawing for prizes. I won a $150 gift card a few months ago.
I usually rotate what I buy anyhow. If it's canned goods, they go behind what was already in the cabinet (except for cat food. I go through it too often to worry about.

I've done it for almost 20 years, so it's just a habit with me now, lol

I'd been wondering what you were scanning and said to myself she must just be super organized, keeping track on some inventory program or app!

If your program does support for getting others to join, send me a link through private message. I do Shopkick but it's quite lean right now. For a bit I was getting a lot of points but they've cut back to almost nothing. They have Disney gift cards which is what made me start.

Just fed the cats and dog and then went out and filled the feeders. A gang of finches and sparrows and mourning doves have descended on the area. Yesterday the squirrels cleaned up whatever was on the ground. It's 31 but promises to be 58 and pouring middle of tonight. Then it drops to freezing temps and waffles around. Can't wait to get to February!

Oh, and dog appears ill. He messed up both his beds by upchucking so I'll keep an eye on him for a couple of hours. Afterwards he ate his soft food, and I didn't give him any kibble because he would probably eat everything and have more problems. If he's hungry in a couple of hours he can have more. Meanwhile I've got a load of his laundry to do.

Good morning. Going to be mid 40's with rain this afternoon. High wind warning again tomorrow. My sister in law finally got the electrician to show up yesterday and hook their main circuit breaker box up correctly and had it inspected. She's still waiting for the elec co to reconnect the meter and turn the power on. They've had no power to their house since Dec 30 :( The elec co is busy trying to get downed trees and lines up since the storm and the wind. They are hoping to get to it today, but they can't promise her.

Luckily her mother in law's house is on the same property and just a short walk across the yard, and the family kept it after she passed away. If it wasn't, they'd have been staying in a hotel since then. They've been staying there, but their cats have been in their house with no power since then. They feed them and let them out for a short period each day. But they have lost everything in the fridge and freezer, both of which were always packed to the brims.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Summer yesterday, she had to take Gracie to Morgantown for 2 appointments. I assume she will let me know as soon as she hears something from the school, and if she hasn't I should hear who else she's contacted.

Have a nice Friday.I'd been wondering what you were scanning and said to myself she must just be super organized, keeping track on some inventory program or app!
If your program does support for getting others to join, send me a link through private message. I do Shopkick but it's quite lean right now. For a bit I was getting a lot of points but they've cut back to almost nothing. They have Disney gift cards which is what made me start.
Sent you a PM

Have a nice Friday

1705065273014.png

This Xmas I had a small fruitcake from Collins Street Bakery. I like their product much better than the dark fruitcake my Mom used to make. Once every couple of years I will have one, but it's a taste that isn't wanted all the time. No one else wants it, just me.

The advertising emails and pop ups on my computer are incessant so I had to block them. Now I see snail mail in today's informed delivery.

Enough already! Some of these companies are too much!

Good morning :grouphug:

Extra warm, loving, and plain healthy prayers to all of dear you this Friday. It truly breaks my heart to hear of anyone being bullied. Children especially should only know unconditional love, support, and in my opinion, that they are loved by God and can have an active relationship with Him. My own childhood, as I have briefly shared was not always happy or healthy. Grace of God I absolutely had positive people in it and I always knew at heart He was with and for me.

Strangely, I am not sure I was ever bullied for being heavier in 4th and 5 grades. In Junior High and High school I was thin. Today, I am very thin. I was mostly mistreated at times due to odd family situation and speech. Again until 2009, root canal, I had never heard of TMJ or knew I had it or was at risk for it developing further. Mercy of God alone, it causes me NO daily discomfort today. I know some triggers and deal with them without much issue. Speech wise, keep in mind, as a young child I also knew different types of abuse and that factored into speech or lack thereof. Today, you might notice I come across a little slow or stiff especially in cooler weather due to TMJ. I have come so very far by Christ alone since I was younger and truly had speech trouble. Pea, food-wise, it helps that I am super plain and particular anyway :) I don't miss eating anything really chewy or hard. I am blessed all around. Take care of yourselves friends and always know I care!

Cleaning out drawers and found this little gem.

Why I like Retirement

Question: How many days in a week?
Answer: 6 Saturdays, 1 Sunday

Question: When is a retiree's bedtime?
Answer: Two hours after falling asleep on the couch.

Question: How many retirees does it take to change a lightbulb?
Answer: Only one, but it might take all day.

Question: What's the biggest gripe of retirees?
Answer: There is not enough time to get everything done.

Question: Why don't retirees mind being called Seniors?
Answer: The term comes with a 10% discount.

Question: Among retirees, what is considered formal attire?
Answer: Tied shoes.

Good afternoon everyone.

Not a whole lot going on for me this weekend. Rounding off the work week in about 20 minutes or so. Might stack some firewood when I get home...might not, we will see which way the wind blows me when I get there. If not tonight then I'll do it tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll also hit the grocery store and I'm thinking of making stew for dinner as well. Need to remember to take the stew meat out of the freezer when I get home. Last night was snakehead w/ lime cilantro rice but no idea what's on the menu for tonight. Sunday I think I'm going to pop out and do a bit of shopping. Need two new dog beds, and need to get around to picking up some new sneakers. Guess I'll try Dick's for those.
My truck is still in the shop (needed some sensors) and I'll pick it up Monday, which fouls me up a bit as I had planned on going to the NC offices Monday. I'll go Wednesday & Thursday instead. Might get a bit of snow on Tuesday, and then it's supposed to get quite cold after that. Heavy rain & winds tonight, we are getting pretty soggy around here.
Oh - and this is odd. My tulip bulbs are coming up, noticed that the other day. I'm not sure what that is going to mean for them come this spring. Tulips aren't supposed to come up in January in Maryland!

Good evening.

Relatively quiet here thankfully. My daughter worked the last 2 days, so I didn't hear any more about the medical bills and her solution being to get a divorce. Sometimes she is very thick headed.

My granddaughter may have the flu and lucky me I picked her up from school yesterday. I'll just hope for the best. I did contact a new ENT so hopefully we can find out the base line for why I have ear issues and then can look into hearing aids. I have resisted but I really do need them. I think my allergies may be part of the issue.

The highlight of the last couple of days was I bought new luggage. I really do need it as my old set is over 10 years old, but I really like it. I can't get the tow handle to work through and it isn't easy to just push. I had seen a carryon at TJ Maxx that I sort of liked, Disney theme of course, but I waited too long, and it was gone. However, they had a Rose Gold Minnie hard side carry on. After checking Kohls, I went back and bought it. At Kohls the carry on was close to $300, at TJ Maxx it was $55. Then I went to Ross and found an almost identical large suitcase for $75. I was happy. My husband talked me into the hard side carryon because of my cameras. He feels they would be safer in the overhead bins in the hard side bag as opposed to being in my backpack under the seat. He knew that would convince me to buy it.

I booked the airfare for the Alaskan cruise too. I went through the cruise lines Easy Fare last time but the times and prices were crazy for this trip. I decided to check a couple of airlines and found perfect flights with Southwest. The only downside is they have 1 stop each way but I decided to look at the bright side of that. I can stretch my bad knee out during the layover and it's only an hour so not bad. The difference in price from that and American base fare was over $1000 and then factor in the cost of luggage and seats, I like the extra leg room seats and they can be quite expensive, I saved about $1800. That will more than pay for the excursions. Mikey is getting excited about it to the point that he doesn't care that he needs to dress in khakis and not sweats for dinner. He chose a whale watch excursion for the one stop. It's pricey but sounds like a good one.

My grandson is bringing LJ over tomorrow and I can't wait to see him. I even have Cinnamon Toast Crunch which he loves. He knows where the cereal is and asks when he comes to the house. He is getting to be a little terror according to my grandson though. He said the "Terrible Twos" were nothing compared to becoming 3. I told him wait til he hits the teenage years. He said LJ already thinks he is a teenager. I'll try and get a picture or two and post one. He is getting so big!

Hope you all have a nice evening and weekend.

So far we’ve got 10 inches of snow, it will last into tomorrow with another 2-3 expected. It has been very windy with near whiteout conditions. I lost power for about four hour. The snow is very heavy and it is bringing branches down. I really hope the power stays on because I use a c-pap machine. I wouldn’t be able to sleep without it. Not looking forward to the clean up tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter