Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hello, everyone

The snowstorm was horrendous. We got 18 inches of snow followed by wind. We have not had a storm like this in awhile. Now it is -8 degrees and should be frigid all week.

I was able to plow the snow even though I got the tractor stuck four times. The bottom of the drive was difficult because a giant branch came down.

I have been having some pain behind my knee for a few weeks, well, when I got off the tractor I couldn’t put any weight on that leg, DD took me to urgent care and they did an x-ray which didn’t show anything. I am trying to get into ortho but they said no appts til 2/5. That is the day I am supposed to be leaving for Panama. They are supposed to be calling me back.

“When it rains it pours” they say. DD is pretty sure she is having a miscarriage😥. We could use some prayers.

@dazedx3 , prayers for you and your DD. I hope you get something sooner and that your DD and baby are good.

We expect flurries soon, and don’t expect the very bad weather so many of you have had. I just hope I can make it to PT tomorrow. So far, I have only had the evaluation, everything else has been canceled because of how I was feeling.

At the urgent care
The staff was really nice, and I should be feeling better soon 🙂
Glad to read you are doing better.
They are supposed to be calling me back.
Hopefully they can get you in. I'll be keeping your daughter in my thoughts, hope things work out.

Good afternoon everyone.

Well, it's snowing. Wasn't supposed to start until overnight, but it's doing it's thing now. Grabbed the snow shovel out of the barn at lunch...husband went to NC offices earlier this morning for a few days so It's up to the dogs & I to clear/shovel whatever snow we get. I'll consider putting the blade on the tractor this evening, although I don't think I'll need it. We have a long driveway - but it's only going to be about 3-4" and my truck will make quick work of it so can't think of a valid reason to plow that small bit. I'll shovel the sidewalk & the back area where the pups go and probably leave it at that.
Going to keep it simple since I'm only cooking for one the next 1-3 nights, so no grand dinner plans, at least for the first few days of the week. I may actually go down to the NC offices later this week myself so my husband may just decide to do the same thing!
Busy 2 weeks leading up to our trip to FL - just the way I like it.
Stay warm everyone, it's damn cold here in my area of MD, compounded by wind. Can't wait to sit in front of a crackling fire later this evening.

Good afternoon dear friends,

Snowysmom:grouphug:I really like your idea of possibly, temping, volunteering, and traveling. I pray should you do so, new friends and experiences will bring you extra peace. I believe God will use them to do just that while serving, of course, too. I have learned that praying sincerely for someone is one of the kindest things you can do. Vice versa. I share this once more because God placed in my heart earlier today, a musical memory of lyrics to an old REM song that said something like, "Trust in your calling, make sure your calling is true. Think of others, let others think of you." To me, as a devout Christian, (not saying the song means this or to everyone) these wise words mean to forever trust in God to Guide You. He will do so forever. Take His Hand. Definitely be sure your calling is His✝️! Secondary, please stay warm and take good care always! Your cookies sound wonderful, btw🍪

Kirby:hug: praise indeed absolutely extra to Jesus! I am so thankful James is doing so well✝️Continuing so very much prayers, you know this, for Carol and your precious grandkids. How are they doing?

Lynn :hug: and please stay warm and safe at 🏠

PollyannaMom, just a big :grouphug:❤️and much prayer! Thinking of you, my friend. Very grateful to read your update. PLEASE take good care and, of course, always know WE care!

Dazed🕊️❤️a TON.

Bobbi💕of course extra and prayer to you, too!

Easyas, take me with you please to Florida🌴🌞I am so ready for WARM weather. Enjoy it for me. Pleas, of course, stay warm and well at home right now.

Last edited:

Checking in. Long work weekend, very busy. Bitter cold out. Took the dogs out for a walk after work on Sunday, I quickly regretted it! Thankfully the sun was out, that was the only saving grace. (They have the whole yard to play in, though, but even they want to come right back in!)

Sorry to hear about issues PollyannaMom and Dazed and family are having. Sending prayers. 🙏

My arm still isn’t right from two months ago when I blew leaves all one afternoon. I won’t be doing that again unless they make a smaller leaf blower. Am going to look for one, because I did sort of enjoy it. But I can barely move my forearm now - I couldn’t even get a bra on one day, DH had to help me. 😬 I think once we hit a certain age, things get hurt more easily than we realize, unfortunately. It helped me realize that this happens to DH, as well, but he just doesn’t say anything.

Made a turkey dinner tonight, it was so good. Nice to just sit and do nothing right now.

Have a good rest of the evening, everyone. 🐥

Good evening

Just a quick hello. We are getting snow that can be measured for the first tim3 in over 2 years. I was spoiled as I kind of liked having a dusting. My DIL went to the grocery a she said it was insane. The store ac had to call the police because people, WOMEN, were fist fighting over bread and milk. We are supposed to get about 2 inches. That’s nothing. I don’t understand it. I was going to do my normal shopping because I was bored but after hearing that I decided to stay in. I’ll go tomorrow after I take the grandsons to school. Right now one has a 2 hour delay. I’m hoping the other two do also. Easier on me that way.

Not much else going on here, waiting fir the Eagles game to start but I’ll only check the scores. Hope you all stay safe if you are in the path of the snow and cold weather.

Tazdev People get really crazed when snow is in the forecast, no matter how much. You would think you will never be able to buy bread and milk for weeks. And I bet alot of these people have more than enough of each at home.

Pea Sorry about your arm. Unfortunately we do get to the age where the aches and pains sneak up on us.

Dazed You and your DD are in my prayers. :grouphug:

It is snowing out already. It wasn't supposed to start until a bit later. I have an appt with the trainer today but if the roads are slippery I will reschedule. We were supposed to get 1-3 inches but I wonder if it will be more as the timeline seems to have extended. I had a nice lunch with Jeff yesterday. We talked about things. I wish I could say he understands how I feel about losing Chris and trying to get into some kind of life but I think being young and busy all the time he just thinks you move on and that's it. But at least he knows how I feel. Tomorrow I am seeing Kenny and the kids. I am also getting a sump pump put in tomorrow. How exciting. I am also going to quiz them about resolving all the issues there. I did find out from my neighbor that the person 2 doors over had half an inch of water in her basement and even had mold in her basement. My neighbor also forwarded me an email she got from the guy who is our liaison with the town. He is kind enough to do this for the community. He said to let the town administrator and conservation comm know about any water issues we have. So I sent off an email. The town admin emailed back to say she knows the issues and right now cannot comment on any litigation with the builder. She said they are keeping on top of things with him and making sure he does what he needs to do or they will take action. Small town so I guess she is very responsive.

Off to work. I did talk to Jeff about retiring down the road maybe at the end of this year. He says I should travel more and I will. He also likes the idea of temping part time and volunteering. Have a good day.

Good morning, all ❄️ ❄️❄️ I was surprised to wake up to snow - must not have had the news on at the right time yesterday. But it's supposed to change over to rain where I am, so I don't expect we'll have to do much clearing.

Have some paper clutter to take care of today, and might watch one more Christmas movie - I didn't get through all the ones I DVR'd before the holiday.

Good morning everyone:grouphug:

Snowysmom, I am so proud of you:hug:for talking with Jeff, good for you! Also extra grateful anew to God you two have each other plus of course Kenny and his family. God bless your town liason, what a kind position. Please take care of you. Know always God loves and is with you. Chris, by God's love extra, is too. Cheering always for you from LA.

PollyannaMom💕extra with healthy, calmer day today prayers. I am so glad to read your post. You please take it easy and stay warm and well, too.

Loving prayers always to all of my Quacker family.

Good morning everyone.

Made a turkey dinner tonight, it was so good.
It's funny you bring this up. I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't find the stuffing I wanted at the grocery store last weekend so shelved the idea...you are the second person this morning to mention turkey dinner so I'm thinking the universe is telling me to re-think it! It does sound good!
We are supposed to get about 2 inches. That’s nothing. I don’t understand it
People are nutso. I have a few ladies in the office for whom drama out of nothing appears to be their preferred sport. This morning (like you, we go 2", nothing more so no big deal) they came in bundled up and in big giant boots like they were going on a artic expedition and spent 10 minutes comparing the road conditions and how they had a 2 hour delay in the local school system but the neighboring one was closed...then expressed shock that I was wearing sneakers "in this weather". Get a grip ladies.

My week, and possibly beginning of next week, is in limbo until this evening and my husband can figure out when he can head back from the NC office. I've got to go down there myself, I could do a Teams meeting but I am in the camp that believes in-person garners a better result/better attention to the subject. Plus its good to show my face down there once or twice a month.

Only got about 2" of snow overnight, so no real need for the shovel I got out of the barn:smooth: I guess I jinxed myself! Dogs enjoyed what bit we got, one hasn't seen snow ever, and the other it's been a good 2 years. Didn't seem to stop them from their morning patrol around the yard and they spent about 20 minutes outside before they decided they had enough!

Good morning. We had light snow starting last night around 8. It was very light and the prettiest snow. I swept off the deck and ramp before I went to bed. There was maybe 1/2" at the most when I went to bed, but the plows had already come down the road at least 3x. They kept it up all night. We ended up with about 1 1/2". I shoveled it just to keep the driveway clear and did the rest of what I normally shovel.. The plow came by again while I was shoveling the driveway, he waved and pulled his blade up till he went by me. Finally he got the message to stop plowing so close to the storm drains.
I expected to find all the cats waiting for breakfast this morning. 3 were on the front porch, and none out back. One of the rabbits was sitting on the deck waiting for me instead, lol. This one loves Cheerio's so I put some in a bowl and mixed in a little rabbit food and it cleaned the entire bowl. The other 3 outside ones appeared as soon as I had finished shoveling. I'm going to make my grocery list for tomorrow, and then take the trash down to the street.

Welcome to our little thread @JMA0920 :welcome: Dan doesn't post on here often, but we always love seeing new people joining us. We are a friendly bunch who talk about anything and everything, so stop by whenever you want.

Prayers and hugs for all of those who need them-have a nice day

1705416836766.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter