• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Oh dear Pea :hug: your poor son! Sounds like he needs a new work location sooner than asap! Everyone needs to feel secure at work especially those in healthcare! I am so sorry. Prayers indeed.

Lynn and Snowysmom too, Dazed, extra ❤️There indeed is no "right way," to do anything other than be kind, you just are! Grief to me is even extra an individual journey. I am so sorry both of you experienced otherwise:sad1:

Semi related to the above, as I may have shared before, is being told in general how you, "should,"or "must," you get the unhelpful idea, feel. I sadly was in that situation a lot especially as a kid. Not fun. Then there's the pet peeve of mine of someone sharing in a conversation, what "one," could say or "thinks," etc. I am blessed to know what YOU think and are experiencing NOT a made up "One." :P

Loving warm prayers to all.

Thank you. It’s nice that people care. It honestly wouldn’t matter where he was, this is how it is today in health care, and none of us feel completely safe. It’s a bigger problem than most realize. Even with blocked entrances people find ways to let themselves in after hours or even if they’re told patients don’t want to see them or they’re asked to leave, etc. We had someone sneak in recently with a weapon. Thankfully no one was hurt, but I was a little worried the whole shift that they would come back. We had to hide the patient they were looking for. (And I imagine if they did get in again there would’ve been threats to us to tell where the patient was.) I’ve been in many situations over the years where I’ve been scared, but things are escalating now. I’m not sure what the answer is. DS and I talk about it a lot. He loves a lot about his job, and he’ll be there for a while, while he gets himself through flight school. I keep reminding him that soon he’ll be in the air. “Thank God” is always his reply. When each of us leaves for work, we tell eachother to “stay safe”. In his work, DS is actually helping keep staff and patients safe, but in the process, he often gets hurt himself. It’s crazy.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/w...n-violent-incidents-in-health-care-facilities

https://www.aamc.org/news/threats-a...res-how-hospitals-are-protecting-their-staffs

Hello friends, As we suspected the doctor confirmed that DD had a miscarriage. So many losses the last few years. l‘m really getting worn down. DD is acting as if it is not a big deal but I know she is just trying to protect me.

My knee is somewhat better. Doctor thinks it was a bakers cyst that burst. She gave me a cortisone shot. Vacation will be difficult but I think I will go.

I know it has only started, but I am so tired of winter already. I know many of you are dealing with snow also.

Good Afternoon. We had a strange sight today - the sun came out. It doesn't help me very much as my side of the street will still be snowy and icy for awhile.

I did read over the weekend but didn't really take time to post.

@Dan Murphy - hope your grandson is doing OK. My brother had his appendix out at 12/13 years old, my niece and daughter both got theirs out within weeks of each other at about 14 years old. My grandson was 15 and a freshman in high school. He had "attack" for several months that his mother thought was anxiety. Just as his school baseball team was heading to the playoffs he had a fever, pain, etc. My son kept telling him he needed to get checked. finally after 24 hours my grandson's mother took him to the ER at my son's insistence, I met my grandson there. Jay was transferred to one of the children's hospitals in our area (we have 2) and they operated first thing in the morning. Thankfully they did as his appendix had already ruptured. Thankfully they got in there in time and he was OK after a couple of days. When he woke up he had 2 requests for me. I had to go to his high school game and tell the coach he really tried to put the surgery off until after playoffs. We were quite glad he didn't. Then I had to get him a special gift he wanted from Disney as I was headed there in a couple of days. I can laugh about it now but it was quite scary at the time.

@Pea-n-Me - I am so sorry your son is going through that. My daughter has had a couple scares but since she is in the OR not as many as when she worked the ICU. I think the violence in society as a whole is getting out of control. It was one of the reasons my son left his job working in the prisons. The inmates had all the rights and if the CO's were attacked, and they were quite often, the CO's were not allowed to fight back. He became a truck driver and is so much happier now. Truth be told I worry about a car accident but not nearly as much as I worried about him when he worked in the prisons.

@dazedx3 - So sorry about your daughter. My brother and his wife lost identical twin girls at 5 1/2 months and 6 months. They had a rare complication and unfortunately they knew the odds were against both twins surviving. My mom swears the twins come to her sometimes. If they had the girls my nephew Nathan wouldn't be here. I feel as though the girls were loaned to us for a short time but God decided Nathan was a better fit for the family. I lost a baby right after we bought our house due to a car accident. If I had that baby my daughter wouldn't have been born and I wouldn't have my 3 grandkids. I mourned (and think about it sometimes), what might have been but rejoiced in what I gained.

We are still quite cold here and Chewie is still having an issue with the snow. I finally cleared a spot along where she usually does her business and she will now go there although it is still once, maybe twice, a day. My mom is going to drive me insane if my husband doesn't first. She has decided that my dad needs to come home now, not in 3 weeks. He is not allowed to walk but she figures she can get him on the seat of his walker and get him to the bathroom. They can just send PT to the house to help him get his mobility back. I am praying the doctors do not allow this. I know my parents miss each other but she isn't thinking clearly about what is best for dad. In think she forgets sometimes she is in her mid-80's and not as strong as she once was.

Not much else going on around here. I did find the line-up for the Flower and Garden concerts and I am so excited. Rick Springfield will be playing on 2 of the days I am there. Air Supply in October and now Rick Springfield. I cannot wait.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day and stay warm.

Hello friends, As we suspected the doctor confirmed that DD had a miscarriage. So many losses the last few years. l‘m really getting worn down. DD is acting as if it is not a big deal but I know she is just trying to protect me.
Very sorry to hear this, @dazedx3. My best wishes with prayers of healing for your daughter, her family, you and your family. :hug:'s
My knee is somewhat better. Doctor thinks it was a bakers cyst that burst. She gave me a cortisone shot. Vacation will be difficult but I think I will go.
A vacation can be therapeutic.
hope your grandson is doing OK. My brother had his appendix out at 12/13 years old, my niece and daughter both got theirs out within weeks of each other at about 14 years old. My grandson was 15 and a freshman in high school. He had "attack" for several months that his mother thought was anxiety. Just as his school baseball team was heading to the playoffs he had a fever, pain, etc. My son kept telling him he needed to get checked. finally after 24 hours my grandson's mother took him to the ER at my son's insistence, I met my grandson there. Jay was transferred to one of the children's hospitals in our area (we have 2) and they operated first thing in the morning. Thankfully they did as his appendix had already ruptured. Thankfully they got in there in time and he was OK after a couple of days. When he woke up he had 2 requests for me. I had to go to his high school game and tell the coach he really tried to put the surgery off until after playoffs. We were quite glad he didn't. Then I had to get him a special gift he wanted from Disney as I was headed there in a couple of days. I can laugh about it now but it was quite scary at the time.
Thanks for sharing your story and good wishes, @tazdev3225. It runs in your family, wow! And so good your grandson insisted on getting checked out. Thanks again.

JMA0920, hug to you as well, good to see you back. God Bless you for teaching for so long. Thank you for making a kind difference to so many kids over those long years!
Thank you so much!
Hi again, Jen. 3 years old!! :faint: 17 years!! :faint: 40 years!! :faint: Geesh, time does indeed fly. And yeah, that WDW trip was probably 20 years ago, you're right.

And the Cowboys!! :scratchin How about the Bears? :duck:

If you would like your Blueteyes name back, Jen, contact Webmaster Corey at corey@disneyinfo.com Explain what the issue is and I bet he will be able to help you..

For us, we're all doing well. Just getting older, haha Griffin, our 12 year old grandson (hand on his head in signature photo below) had emergency appendectomy today. All went well, may go home today. Amazing.

Get ready for that cruise, Jen.
I cannot believe he is 12!! I hope he is feeling better and resting at home!
Happy to be back and chatting and doing some research ! We took Austin for his first trip over spring break this year so now its fun to see it through his eyes!

Good morning. Busy thread lately. Glad to see everyone. It is 14 here now, going into the 30s finally. I saw Jeff and family yesterday. It was a fun time. I brought some books that a coworker gave me, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Her daughter is going to college in the fall and wanted someone to have them. Ellie picked out a few and started reading immediately. Luke also took 2 and started looking through them. Even Charlotte picked one even though she is too young to read them now. The rest will go to Ethan. Today I have salt therapy so am getting in my work hours early. I don't want to have to come back and work some more. It want to stay relaxed for a bit after meditating during the salt therapy.

Pea I hope your DS is doing better.

Tazdev I hope your Dad is recovering well. I also hope your mother understands he needs care in the hospital right now. I do understand she wants him home but he will get there in time.

Have a good day.

Minnie has the right cozy and warm Monday morning idea I love the picture. Prayers dear Lynn for you always you know that and may your cat be ok, too, of course!

:grouphug:Snowysmom, thank you for gifting your grandkids books. May they enjoy traveling through the pages. As a kid reading sure meant a ton to me. Prayers your therapy experience later is relaxing.

Happy warm (pouring here) Monday to all with love always. I enjoyed yesterday's worship message so much. Reminder of my privilige from God that He calls even me to go for Him. Plus always of His steadfast Presence and love. Dear Quacker family, He loves each of you too! By His care of connecting us, my love and care too :)

It's kitten that I took in a few months ago. I was taking him for a pre-neuter exam and shots. They didn't tell me not to feed him. I get there and they asked if he ate. I said a little bit at 6:30. She says we can neuter him today if we wait a couple of hours. He'll be ready to come home between 4 and 6. Poor kitty is so scared. She said they'll give him the shots while he's sedated so they don't traumatize him anymore than he already is. He's going to hate me. I'm not taking anymore strays in as pets, I get attached too quickly.

But he was so cute when he was little I couldn't help it.
1705931658428.jpeg

I cannot believe he is 12!! I hope he is feeling better and resting at home!
Happy to be back and chatting and doing some research ! We took Austin for his first trip over spring break this year so now its fun to see it through his eyes!
Good to see you again, Jen.

Yes, the grandkids are growing up. L to R 16, 7, 14, 12 and 14. Thanks for your good wishes, he is coming along okay.

Austin will be going back for his second trip already, very cool! Watching the little ones there is so nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter