Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Practically on page 2 is simply not allowed! So many warm evening prayers that this finds each of you cozy, having had a nice Monday in some way.

Dad postcard surprise update: I have now finished placing all of his many postcards (hundreds) into their spots. I do have an update as to which states I would love, one extra greeting or memory from. Huge thank you to Snowysmom again for sending me a wonderful Wyoming memory already. I could use one more from this pretty state.

Do any of you live in or have a travel memory of being in: Arkansas, South Carolina OR South Dakota, Wyoming or outside of the US?

If so, I would sincerely appreciate you PMing me by tomorrow evening. It can honestly just be a simple "Happy Birthday," from dear you. Or if you do have a travel memory of one of the above places that would be fantastic, too. Whatever you feel comfortable with!

Again, I will create a postcard with a picture of the state or town and your share or greeting on the back by using a piece of cardstock paper or an index card. Nothing you would need to mail me.

Thank you so much. Love and Sweet Dreams to all forever. God Bless You.
PM'd you

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your father enjoys looking at all the postcards and other memories you have created for him.

Good morning. It is 28 right now and going near 40. We may actually see the sun today. Get the sunglasses ready. I did my training session at the gym yesterday. I have 2 more and will be glad when they are done. The trainer is showing me exercises that build strength and balance which is great but even though it does not involve alot of weight it is hard sometimes and I am sore afterwards. I asked him to show me upper body machines I can use once I am on my own. I feel bad that he got stuck working with an old lady but he is kind enough to help. Between those and the treadmill and bike I should be good. My boss showed me yet another task I will be doing. I know I had to agree to the extra 5 hours a week but I am finding the additions to my workload to be anxiety provoking. She is good about and told me not to stress about it and just do what I can and then we will go over any issues together. Therapist this afternoon.

Have a good day.

Good morning!:crazy:

Warming up later this week to the 50's. I just need my backyard to dry out, my kitchen floor is a mess with the dogs coming in from outside.:scared:

Had some leftovers for dinner last night. Did all my ironing. Laundry is tonight.:laundy:

The hospital has a weekly contest going on for the next 5 weeks. You can download a packet of word puzzles on Monday and turn them in by Friday to have a chance to win something. I was stuck on a few of them so I sent my sisters a picture of the puzzles so we're all working on them. Only one I have left to finish is the crossword. I only do the crossword puzzle in People magazine. I'm sure they'll be tired of me asking for help by the end of the contest.🤪

Have a great day! :wave:

Good for you dear Snowysmom!:hug: I am sorry though to hear there is more on you at work. Thank you so much on my dad.

PollyannaMom:hug:I love that you enjoy taking different classes! Enjoy today's my friend.

Footballmouse :hug: a work puzzle contest sounds fun. Dad would enjoy the crosswords. You'll do great :)

I'm an early bird this morning, feeling good though thank God. I still have some feet discomfort at times but minimal. I think some of it now may just be an effect of wearing the boot for so long! Tightness due to necessary restriction. All good though. I am so blessed. God willing within the next few weeks this will be behind me. I know in His time and way it will be. Meantime how thankful I am right now.

Hugs with Tuesday love to all.

Good morning. Going to be a partly sunny day, mid 40's

@footballmouse I agree with you about needing our backyards to dry out. The grass is so squishy you it makes noises if you walk on it. Everything is soggy. First it was the snow melting and then all the rain we had. I can't wait for a couple of days of sunshine to dry everything out.

The only tv I watched last night was The Bachelor. I like the bachelor this year, it's the only reason I'm watching.

Off to gather the trash and make my grocery list.

Have a good day.

1706623219482.png

Good afternoon.

Chilly day but I had a great day. Crystal and I went to Lancaster, just the 2 of us. We had a wonderful conversation on the way out. She told me about this really weird show she has been watching. I may check it out but not sure it is my thing. We had breakfast and then hit the outlets. I got my summer sneakers which I may take with me on my trip to Disney. Crystal needed new sneakers so I got her a pair too. There was a sale going on so it wasn't a big deal. We only wear New Balance due to feet issues and there is an outlet store there. Then we saw a Crocs store. Last year Ella drove me crazy with the pair she HAD to have so I went to Atlantic City. I didn't realize there was a Crocs in Lancaster. They were having a huge sale on certain ones, buy 2 get 2 free. Of course I am a sucker for sales and got Disney Halloween ones and another pair of Disney 50th Anniversary ones. I let Crystal get a pair and she picked another type of Disney for her mom. I figure they will come in handy for Disney trips at the airport instead of sneakers and I can use them on the cruise or down the shore when walking on the beach.

Not much else going on around here. Hope you all are having a good day.

Good evening everyone!

56 here at MK and we’re waiting for Happily Ever Fireworks! Other nights it has been too cold for us to enjoy the night show.

Congratulations to you, Mona! What a great gift for your dad! Also, I am so happy to hear that you feel so much better now. I hope and pray your healing continues.

@Snowysmom, I hope you really can adjust to the new assignments. I hope you really can learn at your own pace!

Goodnight all!

IMG_2917.jpeg

Last edited:
Good evening! Busy doing laundry and trying to get ready for our trip without upsetting the dogs! Challenging!

I’ve got my new laptop up and running. DS put a malware program on there for me so I can use the internet now, and my camera’s software program is installed. I ordered a cute sleeve for it and everything fits inside. It really didn’t break the bank I got everything for under $300. We really should have a laptop at home anyway. All my camera equipment is ready to go, too. I got four new rechargeable batteries and a battery charger that plugs into my portable battery. Got some binoculars, also, that have a smartphone attachment so DS will have fun with those. We are hoping to go watch some cruise ships set sail on the weekend after DS’s games. Should be pretty. Good part is I’m not stressing about packing. Weather’s going to be 60’s-70s so that will help keep things simple. I actually bought a new suitcase the other day that’s smaller than my usual one so we’ll see how that works out. Praying I don’t get sick this time!

Mona, I’m so excited about the project for your Dad! I’ll be reading along even if not posting much.

Snowysmom, glad you’re enjoying the gym!

Lynn did you make it over to the new board? Did anyone else join? I got a little sidetracked there for a while, lol, but it seems to be pretty active, which is good. This is a much softer place to land. :grouphug:

I’m looking forward to enjoying some warmer weather. I’ve been so cold this year! DH, too! Whoever told me not to cancel the trip was right, that a little getaway to warmer weather right now is very welcome.

Have a good week! 🐥

Bobbiwoz Hope you are having a nice time. Lovely picture. The temps sound a bit chilly but honestly I would love to be there with those temps.

Pea-n-me I hope you have a nice trip. Watching the cruise ships sail is so fun and relaxing. When I went on the Wish last year there were 5 ships in port. I enjoyed just being on the deck watching them.

Good morning. It is 24 here with temps going into the 30s. Yesterday I decided to have a chill day and did not walk outside or run any errands. I only had a therapy appt. Those days tend to be stressful anyway so it was good to just decide to do nothing except work of course. I will be back to walking to day, I have an errand to run, and then qi gong with my friend on zoom this evening. Life is bit overwhelming lately so a chill day was much needed.

Have a good day.

did you make it over to the new board? Did anyone else join?
I hemmed and hawed a bit, but finally decided to sign up. I just got approved yesterday but haven't posted yet.

I don't know how much time I'll devote to it. (Lately I've been spending my screen time re-binging "This Is Us" instead of going online. :laughing:) But I have the option now.

I hemmed and hawed a bit, but finally decided to sign up. I just got approved yesterday but haven't posted yet.

I don't know how much time I'll devote to it. (Lately I've been spending my screen time re-binging "This Is Us" instead of going online. :laughing:) But I have the option now.
Are these references to the new debate board here? I just noticed a thread about it.

:hug:Taz you are such a kind and wise grandma!

Thank you dear Bobbi and all of you for you and your love, sharing faith and fun, encouragement including on my recovery, of course, and dad's gift. I will absolutely share how he enjoys everything and more as I finish it up. I will put out an fyi reminder that should you ever be giving a view binder as a gift, keep in mind, and plan for making 2 covers per binder! It's a blessing of course tobdo.

Grace of God alone, I am continuing to heal. I would say other than needing to regain strength so I can get up on my own again, I'm at least 85% well. Some feet twinges at times. Still appreciate more not sitting too long which isn't a good idea anyway. I'm taking 350mg or less a day of ibuprofen. I mainly need it to ward off early morning creeks and twinges. God willing within the next couple of weeks for sure I pray to be done with it.

I am resting more during the day at times which can mean less nighttime sleep but sleep is sleep and means I am stronger. All good.

Love to all. Happy Winds Daypooh:

Lynn did you make it over to the new board? Did anyone else join? I got a little sidetracked there for a while, lol, but it seems to be pretty active, which is good. This is a much softer place to land. :grouphug:
I submitted to join it yesterday afternoon, someone said it takes 12 hours, but it still shows as private and I can't read or post yet :(

Good morning. Cloudy now, but supposed to be sunny and 50. Rained again overnight.

I was up until 3:30 this morning. First on the phone with Summer and then with my friend. I texted Summer something around 7 and got a text back that she didn't want to scare anyone but she was in the ER. She had such a bad backache that she got chest pains and her heart was racing. She drove herself to the hospital (????), and they had her on a heart monitor. Her heart rate was sky high. They gave her a fentanyl for the pain and to relax her, but it didn't help the pain. She wasn't even going to call her mother. I told her if she didn't call her and tell her, then I was going to. What if something happened and no one knew about it? She didn't want me going up there to stay with her either. 4 1/2 hours later, they discharged her after giving her a Percocet. They gave her more to take at home and let her go. Giving someone with chest pains a Percocet and telling her to drive home is pretty risky. They told her to call her doctor and if the heart pains persist to call a cardiologist. I don't get it, there's a cardiologist on call 24/7, why didn't they just have them come down and check her. She texted me at 12:30 that she was finally home.
Just what she needs, one more health problem on top of all the rest of them.

I'm going to finish up a few chores and then head to the market and do some errands.

Have a nice day

1706712463829.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter