Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

How is everyone's day going?

Welcome to our little thread! :welcome:

It's actually not so little anymore, as we're nearing 4 years of it, wow time flies!

My day is going okay. Got groceries and got errands done, and just finished wiping out the oven after it self cleaned. I did the racks, and let them dry. I had left the oven door open and when I came back to the kitchen to put the racks back in, I found one of the cats curled up sound asleep in it :confused3

I hemmed and hawed a bit, but finally decided to sign up. I just got approved yesterday but haven't posted yet.
You should be in now. I tagged Webmaster Corey in a post. He had been on the road yesterday and I was added. He said he'll add more tonight. I'm not even sure where to start reading on that board. There are some posts I'm going to aggressively avoid, and I think I might have a few more posters to add to my ignore list, lol.

I just submitted to join the debate thread. It could be interesting or a train wreck, who knows.

I am undecided on joining. Too much to do right now prior to going away.
I'll wait to hear what all of you think. I'm too old for all the ridiculousness (if that's a word), and would rather spend time enjoying life.

Hi,
My day is flying away, since retirement, I don’t seem to get going as early as I used to. I have been gathering and packing some items for my trip. We leave at 1am Monday morning. Therefore I won’t sleep for about 40 hours straight. It is a tour so I didn’t have a choice for flight times. I’ll try to take a nap before leaving but I doubt I’ll be able. I think I mentioned it but I am going to Panama.

My knee is still hurting quite a bit, I’m going to try some Voltaren in a bit to see if that might help. I hope I will be able to keep up on this trip.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers for DD. She doesn’t want to talk about the miscarriage, so I will respect her wishes. The dr said they can try right away again, I remember years ago they would tell you to wait.

I haven’t signed up for the new board, I’m curious but still unsure.

Hi,
My day is flying away, since retirement, I don’t seem to get going as early as I used to. I have been gathering and packing some items for my trip. We leave at 1am Monday morning. Therefore I won’t sleep for about 40 hours straight. It is a tour so I didn’t have a choice for flight times. I’ll try to take a nap before leaving but I doubt I’ll be able. I think I mentioned it but I am going to Panama.

My knee is still hurting quite a bit, I’m going to try some Voltaren in a bit to see if that might help. I hope I will be able to keep up on this trip.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers for DD. She doesn’t want to talk about the miscarriage, so I will respect her wishes. The dr said they can try right away again, I remember years ago they would tell you to wait.

I haven’t signed up for the new board, I’m curious but still unsure.

I read your post about her miscarriage. It brought back my experiences with my older DD. I did not understand what she was going through because she did not want to discuss it. I'm not sure I would have said the right things to her as, I have not had a known miss as far as I know, so no experience to help with empathy. As I've gotten older, I know that being quiet and just being Mom is probably the best I can do unless asked.

It took several surgeries at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore before she carried to full term. She had a heart shaped uterus, or the technical term, bicornuate uterus. It's congenital, somewhat rare and is there at birth. She had as many as a dozen miscarriages with two husbands before being diagnosed and helped. The good news is now she has 2 DD's, because it's not a difficult fix.

I hope it works out for your DD. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Good wishes to both of you!

I am undecided on joining. Too much to do right now prior to going away.
I'll wait to hear what all of you think. I'm too old for all the ridiculousness (if that's a word), and would rather spend time enjoying life.
I joined up because I was curious to see the various threads. I am more of a lurker right now seeing how things progress. I have found the Dis'boards to be helpful, positive, supportive and want to keep it that way. With that said, I have no problem with a civil debate but if it turns south I will nix it.

Good morning.

Busy yesterday so I took a PTO day from work. Had to be somewhere with Mitchell in the morning, had an appointment in the afternoon and then a laundry scent study later in the day.

I'm working nightshift this weekend so I cooked up some food and I made a lettuce-free salad so I have things to take and won't need to hit the vending machines.

I got nosey last night after watching a couple of YouTube videos of the new Royal Carribbean cruise ship so I decided to check out the prices. Let's just say I won't be going on that ship, $3500 for 1 person with a balcony (inside rooms were already sold out). I realize there's a ton of activities and shows to see and your food is free (for the most part) but you still have to add a drink package on there so that could be another $1000. It just seems way too much for me. I could take the time to average out a Disney trip for the week. Just a week at the beach wouldn't compare.

I started a trip report about my little fiasco of a trip from a couple of weeks ago. If you're bored, jump over to the Trip Report forum and take a gander.

Have a great day! :wave:

I've been posting a bit on the new board. Like the community board in general, threads sometimes get long and drift off topic, but so far it seems pretty civil.
I think those are the key words. How long before someone really goes off the rails on there? I've only glanced at it, and don't think I'll post unless something really catches my interest.

Trying to catch up with all the posts. Back from work but need to log back in for a company meeting about our results from last year. I have been to about 16 of them so I know what to expect.

Lynn I am shocked that the ER would let Summer go with the symptoms she has and letting her drive herself home. I hope she does take it easy, try to relax, and hopefully the pain will subside. I know ERs can be busy but patient care and the right care should be top priority.

Dazed I do hope you have a nice trip to Panama. I found on tour groups they are very good about pacing the tours so everyone can stay together.

Today it is 49 years since Chris and I had our first date. We always celebrated it with dinner and flowers. Now it is a tough day to get through. I am trying to keep busy and just think of it as another day in the life. Tomorrow I am going to Kenny's for dinner and a sleep over. He has the kids so it will be nice to be somewhere else with people for a bit.

I have not gone onto the new board yet. I too prefer lighter topics but sometimes someone can have a different perspective on an issue that will make me think about it. But, then again, sometimes people can be mean and I just move onto the next topic or another thread.

Have a good day.

Good late afternoon or Evening hug to all with love. I've been busily working on dad's postcard album covers. God willing those along with the spines will get finished tonight. Tomorrow I can concentrate on the postcards themselves and making sure they are all placed properly. It was a rainy some of the day here. Evergreen is happy and how blessed dad and K all these years later that God is still trusting us to care for His Christmas Tree Evergreen. God willing when I am able to get out down the stairs and outside the building again, I will take an up-to-date picture for all of you of Evergreen. Cozy prayers to all with love. Have some cocoa! :)

@flyingdumbo127 The evergreen sounds lovely.

Good morning. It is 31 here with temps going up near 40. The plasterers are supposed to come this morning to fix the 2 holes in my master bath wall. Not sure if the painters will follow but if not I will contact the punchlist person yet again. I have her on speed email. I emailed her about follow up to the water issue since the sump pump is not enough and she has not responded. I guess I will have to be a troublemaker once again. They seem to be getting ready for many people to close on their condos right now so those of us who are already here are neglected. I feel bad for these people moving in as they have no idea what is ahead with issues. Or maybe some will be lucky and their condo will be fine. My neighbor asked me one day if there is anyone living here who has not had any issues. From talking with people I would say no.

I have decided I am too sensitive to spend much time on the controversial topics thread. Even some of the titles are controversial to me. If I really want to get riled up such as when I need to be a troublemaker with the punchlist lady I will go take a look.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Happy Friday Morning!:sunny:

Hard day for me, after work I leave for my nightshift job about an hour after I get home. It's always a rough night without any sleep. I noticed that the next night isn't much easier b/c I don't get decent sleep during the day with the dogs barking, mailman, and just noise from the street. I think my body has gotten out of the nightshift routine so I'm having a hard time on these weekends a couple times a month.

Met up with Evan, Bailey, and Mia last night at Cracker Barrel. Mia was sitting next to me eating her little baby puffs while we were talking and all of a sudden she just starts cracking up. We couldn't figure out what was making her laugh like that and then we all started laughing 🤣. I ordered a side of dumplins so she could try them, she definitely liked them. I got a to-go bowl for them and let her take them home for dinner tonight.

Watched a couple of YouTube videos when I got home. A couple of Disney YouTubers that I follow are on the first sailing of Royal Carribbean's Icon of the Seas. Wow, what a ship 🚢. So much to do, I'm not sure if a week is enough to see everything. It's pretty pricey so I doubt I'll ever be on it. Looks fun though.

Back to work. Sent out our department newsletter yesterday and forgot something 🤦‍♀️. Now I have to figure out how to edit it and resend it to everyone. By the time they get it, they would have already read the first one so I doubt anyone is really going to be interested in the edited one. But if I don't the person whose blurb I forgot will get all bent out of shape and whine to the manager.😢

Have a great day, hopefully mine turns out decent. :wave:

@flyingdumbo127 The evergreen sounds lovely.

Good morning. It is 31 here with temps going up near 40. The plasterers are supposed to come this morning to fix the 2 holes in my master bath wall. Not sure if the painters will follow but if not I will contact the punchlist person yet again. I have her on speed email. I emailed her about follow up to the water issue since the sump pump is not enough and she has not responded. I guess I will have to be a troublemaker once again. They seem to be getting ready for many people to close on their condos right now so those of us who are already here are neglected. I feel bad for these people moving in as they have no idea what is ahead with issues. Or maybe some will be lucky and their condo will be fine. My neighbor asked me one day if there is anyone living here who has not had any issues. From talking with people I would say no.

I have decided I am too sensitive to spend much time on the controversial topics thread. Even some of the titles are controversial to me. If I really want to get riled up such as when I need to be a troublemaker with the punchlist lady I will go take a look.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Use it to get riled up made me laugh! I'm staying away.

Saw my doctor yesterday. Everything is fine. I did get a prescription to take for my anxiety but on an as needed basis. The prior meds just made me to sleep too much when I tried them last year. I am trying out for side effects first, then if okay, I'll use it for things that accelerate my anxiety, such as height, bridge crossings, etc. That would only be a few times a year as my problem is episodic.

Almost ready for my trip on Monday. Just have to pick up a few items such as cat litter, bird seed, and cat food so DD doesn't order it all and spend too much of her money. Getting out gets me exercise plus at least 20% less than using Instacart which is what she will do. Millennials seem to have no desire to wander around the grocery store, lol.

There's a little rain here with the temp going to 48, from the 44 it is now. I've already fed my birds, emptying out the last of the seeds. The cats were fed earlier as was Yorkie, who went out willingly, but I still have to wash last night's dog bed, as he's getting old. I have quite a few to change him out and the rest are all clean but I may order a couple of new ones. We didn't make it to his nail appointment earlier this week as he seemed to not do too well after the medication prescribed for his vet visit. I have to take him to the vet for a nail trim. We will try again after I return.

Anyway, taxes are done. My refund is state, have to pay the feds $33. I like that.

Had my hair cut for the first time in months, and it looks nice and feels great! Trying to put away all the 'stuff' I leave laying around the living room, dining and kitchen. I'm a clutter bug who doesn't want someone else putting away my things which I won't miss until I need them again.

My groundhogs won't see shadows. Nothing but clouds today.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter