Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@lynxstch that’s a great score on the dresses! Last year one of my daughters bought her prom dress at Goodwill for $15. It was gorgeous! This year one of her best friends got hers there too. Their friend group has also started browsing through their collective dress collections for homecoming and winter formal before buying new.

Bobbiwoz Again lovely pictures. So glad you got to meet up with a friend and have a nice time. Gus must be so happy to see you.

Lynn I too like to see the pictures you choose each morning. It can make me smile a bit.

Good morning. Cold one before going into the 50s today. Later I am going to Jeff's and heading to the playground with the grandkids. I have been out to get gas in the car and go to Hannafords for a few items. I was talking with the cashier about weather old wives tales that are true. It was nice to have a chat with someone. I got some fresh baked whole wheat bread as they have half loaves there which work for me. I am looking forward to peanut butter toast in a bit. I will be cleaning the bathrooms and vacuuming the rugs today plus taking a walk. I did get the holes in my bathroom wall patched yesterday. They were supposed to be here at 7:30. I had to email the punch list person at 8:30 to see where the plasterer was. It took her awhile to get in touch with him but he came by around 10:30. Now I have to start the challenge to get the painter here to paint the wall. I feel like I do battle each time I have to contact the punch list person.

Have a good Saturday.

Early good morning🐣:grouphug:

:flower3:and welcome to our lovely thread, Ranger Pooh. So good to have you. Please post anytime and know you're appreciated :)

🙏dear Snowysmom always to you for peace inside heart and home. I liked your post for grandkid time. Truly God Bless them.

I will come back later. Have a great day dear friends and please stay safe and warm!

@RangerPooh Welcome to our little thread! :welcome:

Gray and cloudy outside, but temps will still be in the mid 60's. We got to 71 yesterday.
Got some great news early this morning. Summer's oldest daughter Lily, got accepted to WVIU Potomac State College. She'll be the first of the 4 kids to graduate high school, and got to college. There's still hope that Gracie might manage to do the same. The 2 older boys, that's a whole different story. :( But I know Don is up there smiling down at Lily this morning.

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday. Took everything out of the kitchen and did a thorough cleaning of the floor. I finally mounted the bracket for the cordless vacuum. Move a few things hanging on the wall, and spackled, sanded and repainted the holes. Took down the curtains and ran them through a rinse cycle to freshen them. I guess I've started spring cleaning early.

Today's project is to start looking to see what kind of carpet I want to replace the old stuff with. I thought about taking up the carpet and either having the floors refinished, or putting down laminate or hardwood, but I don't really like the feel of the kitchen floor under my feet in the winter time. Yes I know I could put slippers on, but I like being barefoot, lol. There's carpet in 5 rooms, so it's not a small task.

@Snowysmom - I'm glad they are getting some of the punch list items taken care of!

Have a great day

1707574834518.png

Slipping thread save:hug:to all! Dad thank God stayed home finally today and is getting more rest. He really needs to take better care. It's still very cold for here but dry. My car battery died :( It's 4 years old with very limited miles on it. Dad said we probably drove it 500 miles or less last year. Monday we will look into options. Have a good rest of the day dear friends. love from chilly CA!

Bobbi, love all the pics! Glad you’re having a nice trip!

Taz glad everything is ok with your son. I prayed. How awful to go through that.

Lynn, congratulations to Lily! That’s so exciting! I love your daily picture, too. I do not carry my SS card. I had it at one time but I have no idea where it is now. Thankfully I know it by heart. I even know my DH’s as we used to have our dogs tattooed with it before there were microchips. We have managed to keep the kids’ cards in a safe place.

It was hard to go back to work this week. I was tired and had a slight head cold, negative again for Covid and wore a mask.

Pea - can't wait to hear about your trip. Sounds like you had a horrible plane ride home!
We had a nice trip with lots of baseball and some R&R at Vero Beach. More driving than I would’ve liked but what can you do. We had a van so space wasn’t a problem. Used an offsite rental place this time and it worked out pretty well aside from the long drive to the resort from MCO. (We had free flights from the Arizona debacle so we flew into there non-stop.) Weather wasn’t bad at all; if anything, we were hot, and sunburned from the games! Only needed a light jacket at night. Two days that it rained it was a little cool, but cleared and warmed up later. DH and DS enjoyed some fishing on the beach, and DH and DD walked the beach in the morning after watching the sunrise. (I made it out once but I’m more of a slow starter in the morning.) The deck to our studio had a small view of the ocean, and we kept our door open at night so we could fall asleep to the sound. I loved having the garage underneath.

We got to explore the resort, the town and some surrounding areas, including the local airport. I met up with a very old friend and that was fun. I had plans to see my niece and her new baby if we went to see the cruise ships, but no one felt like driving again for hours after being on the road for several days for travel and games and such. One of the moms ordered sandwiches for the team and we went to pick them up. What a fiasco! Turns out the order was mistakenly for the next day so we had to buy everything to make sandwiches, but we had an assembly line and had a lot of laughs. It was just like the old days even though we never met these people before! DS did well and, like last year, got invited to play on another national team in a couple of months. Hopefully he can do it but it depends on what’s going on w flight school. He was sore after not pitching much since last summer. (That’s the advantage that teams down there have, they play year round.) I have to download my pictures tomorrow, it’s been busy since I got home. I initially had some technical difficulties with my camera (hate that!) but was able to fix it (DD can figure anything out on youtube, God love her!) and it was fun to be shooting again. We’ll see how they came out.

For the last two days we’ve been talking about what our next adventure is going to be. I like having something in the wings to look forward to, especially when going to work in the winter. We’re supposed to have a storm starting Tuesday. Ugh.

Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone! 🐥

1707613080646.jpeg

1707613343683.jpeg

1707613237052.jpeg

1707612931383.jpeg

Coming home

1707613534449.jpeg

Welcome to another gray and cloudy morning. Chance of rain this morning, temps mid 50s.

@Pea-n-Me Great pics, thanks for sharing.

My SIL stopped by right after the girls had left here to go to the dance, and brought me butter garlic wings from a local volunteer fire hall. They were doing a big Super Bowl special, a fundraiser for a new roof. They bought 4200 lbs of wings to cook. I can't even picture how big a pile of wings that is, lol. They were good. I made a salad to go with it and that was dinner. I'm dry rubbing some baby backs for dinner tonight. I'll put the game on, mostly for the commercials. I'm not really interested in the Taylor and Kelcie show.

Have a nice Sunday everyone

1707661786800.png

I love extra your adorable picture today, thanks dear Lynn. Good morning to you and everyone :grouphug:Online worahip was extra meaningful today with the message on transfiguration Sunday. God transforms us all, redeeming us always because He is love and we are called to pass it on. Be bringers of His witness and truth. What a privilege.

Dad is at Pavilions doing early shopping. Ralphs tomorrow followed by figuring out car battery options. I woul appreciate extra prayers this week ahead that I listen and follow God's will for me in all ways, always and feet going forward wise too. Need to make some type of podiatrist/doctor choice. Thank you, friends. Happy Sunday :)

Good afternoon.

I had a very busy weekend so didn't get on here except for a quick check in.

We had a soup and pie luncheon at church today. There were so many delicious soups to choose from and my split pea soup seemed to go over well as there was very little left. The pie part is a stretch as there were several varieties of pies and other desserts. I made my carrot cake which was requested and my priests wife took a huge (1/4 of the cake) home. Thankfully I was able to bring a couple of containers of some of the other soups home so that will be dinner tonight. I made a HUGE batch of the pea soup so I also have that for dinners this week.

On the great news front my son's MRI was also negative. He needs to see his PCP as they think he has an infection and probably needs antibiotics. This really scared him so he is going to try and quit smoking and so far he has cut back from a pack a day (I think he smoked more than that) to about 6-8 cigarettes a day. He is also going to change his eating habits and lose some weight and eat healthier. He is borderline diabetic and has a couple other things that can be controlled or lessened greatly with a healthier diet and the lost weight. I hope he sticks to it. It was a huge relief to hear the words NO CANCER! I truly believe all the prayers going up for him helped and I am very grateful.

Jim has consented to a procedure that will get him off of the blood thinners. The heart doctor is concerned about bleeding if he falls, especially if he hits his head. I've even convinced him, OK told him in no uncertain terms that he is getting a Rollator walker. The drs. have all said they want him using more than the cane and I know from my dad that the PT people said the rollator is safer than the aluminum one he has.

@lynxstch - The girls look beautiful

@Pea-n-Me - I am jealous you get to see your son play baseball. I miss my oldest grandson playing, I missed less than 10 games total in all the years he played. Anthony is out for another season due to the ACL tear. I need to get on my daughter to give me Wyatt's schedule this spring and Ben's Flag Football schedule. I loved the sunset/sunrise? on the beach. I miss those trips I took to the Jersey shore and walking the beach at 6-7 AM when it was almost empty and the sun came up over the ocean.

@bobbiwoz - looks like you had a great trip. Mine is in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.

Not much else going on around here so I am going to just relax for the rest of the day. Hope you all have a great Sunday

Quick Hello. Tazdev Glad your son had good news and he is taking better care of himself. Best wishes for Jim with his procedure.

Lynn The girls are lovely.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope all works out with the battery.

I went to the Museum of Science with Kenny and the kids. I feel like I know every inch of that place now. Then we went to a nearby playground. Kenny put new wipers on my car. I went to Wegman's this morning before it got crazy, did some housework, and worked a bit. Now I am going to try to chill a bit. No Super bowl for me but I may check in on the Puppy Bowl. My friend texted me that it is hilarious. I have watched before so I know how cute it can get.

Have a good rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter