Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@tazdev3225, I don’t understand your DH. I am totally afraid to fall, and most of the time outside with people around I use a walker or a rollator. I feel safer.

I hope he comes around. Falling and breaking something is a large price to pay because of pride, I guess. I have a friend who has fallen, but insists she just needs more PT. She has been lucky regarding the falls.

I did my errands and shopping early, because a tracking email said Fed Ex would be delivering my treadmill today instead of Friday, between 2 and 5. I watched all afternoon for them. I went downstairs for 5 minutes about 15 min ago (after 5) and wouldn't you know they came and left it on the front porch. I managed to drag it in and stood it in the corner behind the dining room table until Summer's husband comes this weekend to help me take the table apart. That thing is heavy. The description says 66 pounds, the box says 80. Somehow I doubt that there's 14 lbs of packing material in there, lol.

Good Morning.:sunny:

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day ❤️. I spent the evening with my animals, they got some extra snacks.

I bought Mia some clothes for the summer and a couple of dresses for Easter, they were delivered yesterday. OMG they are so cute 😊! I can't wait to see her in them. I'm meeting up with her and Evan tonight for dinner, I have a Valentine gift for her (of course). Bailey started her 5 week training in Columbus yesterday. It's only 2 hours away so she's able to come home on the weekends.

I'm struggling on a word puzzle if anyone is able to help 🤪. You need to connect 1 word that will make 3 new words. Example: Club, Jerk, Pop = I added the word soda (Club soda; Soda jerk; Soda pop). The words that I'm stuck on are Stone; Soft; Bubble. If you have any ideas, let me know.🤔

I have a meeting this morning with my boss. I'm finally going to bring some concerns that I have to him, hopefully I don't get fired.😳

Have a great day! :wave:

I'm struggling on a word puzzle if anyone is able to help 🤪. You need to connect 1 word that will make 3 new words. Example: Club, Jerk, Pop = I added the word soda (Club soda; Soda jerk; Soda pop). The words that I'm stuck on are Stone; Soft; Bubble. If you have any ideas, let me know.🤔

Oooh, what a fun kind of puzzle!

I think the answer is soap: soapstone, soft soap, soap bubble

I think the answer is soap: soapstone, soft soap, soap bubble
I was thinking it was something along that line but I've never heard of soapstone so I crossed that word out. So you think that's it? It does make sense. Thanks!

If you like word puzzles, I'll post the other puzzle I'm stuck on. My sister only helps with the crossword puzzle. My company is having a contest for 5 weeks. If you finish the packet of puzzles (10 puzzles) each week you could win a prize.

Attachments

• puzzle.jpg
    puzzle.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
Good morning. Cold one here today started out in the 20's. Last week was in the 50's. I can't wait for spring to get here.

Jim saw the foot dr. yesterday and he is ordering PT at the house to work on his gait, He will probably still need the walker, but they can order that. He has something called Charcot Syndrome which is why he had the reconstructive surgery 7 years ago; the only problem is his foot goes at least at a 45-degree angle when he walks. The dr. is hoping to help him adjust to that but agrees with me the walker is a good idea,

I then got a phone call from a dr.'s office his cardiologist is attached to. He's being evaluated for something called a Watchman Device. It's supposed to help prevent strokes but will also get him off blood thinners. I'm not thrilled that the hospital is an hour away. Sense of Deja Vu, I guess. The hospital he was in for the foot surgery where he had the strokes was an hour away.

I am being fitted for hearing aids today. I figured I nagged him about the Rollator so I might as well do this, I think I'm scared they will tell me my hearing is worse than I was told a few years ago. To be fair I know it isn't good, but I have zero respect for that doctor. I was there for a chronic infection and my ears always being blocked and before he even cleared the gunk out so I stopped feeling like I had an ocean in my ears he tested me. Of course I failed, I barely heard my phone pressed up against me ear at full volume. Then he focused on selling me $6,000 hearing aids. I refused them and to go back to his office. Then Covid hit and my PCP died from a heart attack. I am trying Sam's Club, no Costco around here but the same premise. I really hope I can get away with the $600 ones max. More than that and I will have to think about it.

Since my husband who is normally the least observant person I know, but the Catholic school upbringing gets to him on occasion, refused to eat meat yesterday we are having the Valentines dinner I planned tonight. I can't eat any seafood due to my allergy so I thought I could get a pass. He wanted grilled cheese. I planned steak with mushrooms, baked sweet potatoes and a vegie or salad. So we will have that tonight instead.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning. It went down to 23 last night but will be mid 50's later. Summer, the girls and both of their boyfriends came over last night. They brought me cards, flowers, and a cute Snoopy. One of the cards was a pop up Snoopy one. They made me cry. Snoopy was always Don's favorite. In one of the cards, Summer, who never writes anything but her name wrote me the loveliest things. It was very un-Summer like, but I think losing her Dad brought out something in her. She said they all decided that Don wouldn't want the day to pass without someone doing something for me, so that was very sweet.
The boys went down cellar and brought up the portable air conditioner that is going to go in Lily's room. She's in the third floor bedroom and it's like a sauna. She keeps the window open in there all the time. No wonder their electric bill is so high. She's going to come back with the boys on Saturday and take the dining room table apart for me. They will help get the treadmill out of the box, hopefully without destroying the box in case there's something wrong with it and it has to go back.

I stripped and remade the bed and put the sheets in the wash. I don't know what else I'm going to do today. It was 3 am when my friend and I stopped gabbing, lol

Have a great Thursday

1708008224022.png

@lynxstch, sounds like a lovely visit. I am glad they thought of you and acted on it!

I was supposed to go to PT this morning, but felt lightheaded…so, I cancelled…but I think it was the right thing to do.

@tazdev3225, my DSis is very happy with the hearing aid from Costco. She even answers her phone through the hearing aide. I have had reconstructive surgery on one foot, and have neuropathy, so my walking has deteriorated over the years. In 1999 I was able to negotiate a cruise to the Baltics with light use of a “Liki” walking stick. I had been tested twice for Charcot Marie Tooth syndrome, not recently, but both negative results.

I am being fitted for hearing aids today. I figured I nagged him about the Rollator so I might as well do this,

I think you are definitely right to explore your options! I read just recently that hearing loss is a risk for Alzheimer's (because it decreases your social interaction) so it's best to correct it when you can.

Well I am the proud owner of prescription hearing aids. My hearing loss was worse than I thought, and I knew it was not that great to start. The woman was really nice and explained everything and told me that at the rate I was going I would need cochlear implants in 6-10 years. I was losing the ability to distinguish sounds in words. When she put the hearing aids in my ears I was amazed at how noisy Sam's Club was. Even the car made noises I had never heard and the dog barking when I got home was super loud. It will take a few months for my ears and brain to adjust but I am so glad I did it. I wasn't thrilled with the cost because I was hoping for $500-$600 aids and these were definitely a lot MORE than that. I need to go back in a week for an adjustment and will need to do that for the next year as I adapt to them. I have to say even typing on the laptop right now is really noisy, something I never noticed before. I can't believe I let my stubborn fear of spending money let me get to this point, but the ENT I saw was only interested in selling me $6000-$7,000 hearing aids and that was a few years ago. He didn't care about finding out why I was having chronic ear infections and that turned me off. Then COVID and my PCP dying made me put it off even longer. I could have got top of the line aids but these are a popular channel size and I already notice the difference. My poor husband listened to the TV at full volume all these years and never said a word.

Hope you are all having a good day.

I was thinking it was something along that line but I've never heard of soapstone so I crossed that word out. So you think that's it? It does make sense. Thanks!

If you like word puzzles, I'll post the other puzzle I'm stuck on. My sister only helps with the crossword puzzle. My company is having a contest for 5 weeks. If you finish the packet of puzzles (10 puzzles) each week you could win a prize.
overshadow and ironworks

Huge hug and cheer, admiration dear Taz, I am proud of you, my friend. I'm so extra thankful also to God your new hearing aids are already helping, yay! ❤️

Lynn❤️I am so thankful also to God that Summer did the kind thing yesterday for you! Extra hug my friend.

PollyannaMom❤️always of course to you too! :)

Easyas, love and hug you just take care please! ❤️

Bobbi just a whole ton of❤️:grouphug:🙏

Quiet afternoon here. We are expecting a couple of Amazon packages and the mail (junk though). I seem to be catching more up on 💤here at the kitchen table using a throw blanket as a pillow than I do in the expensive recliner chair! I know sitting at the table up all night is not a good idea at all. It evens out and what matters is thanks to God I am getting needed sleep. With the cooler weather, my lower legs get stiff/sore as dad's do and I need to sit up more from reclining. The chair overall is very comfortable and has been such a blessing since early December. God willing, we can finally return it in a few weeks. very expensive for us to rent. :grouphug:to all with love always. I still am btw working on podiatrist. I really need to get this boot off if it can go safely. I sometimes wonder if having been wearing it now 10 weeks is causing some of my lower leg discomfort! I will keep all of you posted and forever thank you for your extra love and prayers. have a great rest of the day dear friends.

Tazdev Glad you found hearing aids that work for you. I have heard that Costco and other places likes that are good places to get them. I hope all works out for Jim with PT and the Watchman device.

@bobbiwoz I hope you feel better and can get to PT next time. You need to do what is right for you.

Lynn How nice that Summer and the girls came by with Valentine gifts.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you can get in touch with a doctor to evaluate getting off the boot. It is good to sleep but maybe the chair is a better option as you have better alignment. Just a suggestion. I do understand sleeping where and when you can.

I was in the office yesterday. Then I picked up Kenny's kids at the bus stop. On Wed I went out to get the kids at the bus at the usual time only to see the bus drive off with the kids in it. I was horrified. I texted Kenny and he said I had to go to the school to get them. But then he texted to say the bus driver would loop around again. When she finally came she apologized and said she was really early that day. Then she told me if it happened again she always loops around again. Other parents watch from their houses as they are looking over the bus stop so the kids go from the bus to the house. Kenny is a bit further away. I did not need that stress for sure. I was so upset I forgot the name of their school! :crazy:
My neighbor sent an email to all about the dryer vents and how high they are supposed to be from the ground and how close to the AC units they should be. Of course here that is not followed. My dryer vent is a bit too low but I do not want them to touch it as they will mess it up. I will deal with it. One guy I talked with said he does not allow builder contractors to do anything in his condo as they only mess it up. My inspector did not mention anything about it, just to be sure snow is not against that or the exhaust pipe from the hot water.

Off to work. I am not seeing anyone this weekend so need to figure out what to do. Maybe Trader Joe's for my favorite salads, the gym, housework. I don't like lonely weekends.

Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter