Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning, all 😺😺

Well, I finally bit the bullet and got a new phone yesterday. My old one had been acting up, but I hate change. - DH finally convinced me to do it by going with me. Of course, it turned into a new phone for DS too, because it was a "better deal". :rotfl2:

Annoying things so far:
  • All new chargers/cables 💵 💰 💵 💰 💵
  • Temporary panic that I'd lost my Wordle/Nerdle stats (didn't really)
  • Actual hassle that it logged into DH's Spotify and Instagram instead of mine (fixed now)
  • Irritating change in screen background color (but easily fixed by DS, who is way more techy than I am)
  • DS had to leave his overnight because it was taking so long, so he is phoneless this morning 🗿
  • My old clear case doesn't fit now, so I can't use all the fun paper inserts I made / the kids made for me 🙁
  • Gave me the wrong car charger, so I have to go back and exchange that :car:

Really cool things so far:
  • New camera is awesome! 📸
  • I actually like the new font
  • They replace cracked screen protectors for you
  • The time stays on the screen even when the phone is "sleeping" :goodvibes

I thanked DH, but I don't think he was convinced. :rotfl: I really will be happy in a week or so...after I've adjusted, watched some tutorials on the new features, gotten a couple of compliments on the new case, etc.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

@PollyannaMom New phones are a bit of a hassle. It takes me so long to get used to one then it is time for a new one. I wish you luck with it.

Good morning. It is 19 degrees here now going into the 30s. I have been to Market Basket to pick up a few items and look at their Easter Candy. I did buy a bit for the grandkids. I also splurged on Amazon for an Easter decoration. It is an acrylic plaque that says Nana's Peeps and then it has peep bunnies with each grandkid's name. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I do not decorate for any holiday. I feel like I was led to it so I splurged. It is so cute. I will leave it up all year round. Last week I put up some pictures on my living room wall all by myself. I ordered 3 canvas prints of pictures I took. I usually take horrible pictures but I have a couple from my Disney cruise and from Kenny's flowers that were really nice so I made up11x14 prints. I still have one picture to hang up in the office/2nd bedroom but that requires standing on my couch to do and I will not do that myself. Kenny will do it for me. It is a print of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet walking together with the saying about if there is ever a tomorrow when we're not together etc. I like the ending where it says "but the most important thing is even if we are apart, I'll always be with you." That was another had to get that my wonderful friend led me to.

I went to the gym yesterday and did the treadmill. I tried to do one of the leg machines the trainer showed me but I couldn't get the seat to go back. I will have to ask him Tuesday when I see him. I felt silly. I also need to know how to adjust the bikes. It is not easy. I plan to take a couple of walks to day, work a bit, and make a pinto bean mexican casserole for the week.

Have a good day.

Good morning, all 😺😺

Well, I finally bit the bullet and got a new phone yesterday. My old one had been acting up, but I hate change. - DH finally convinced me to do it by going with me. Of course, it turned into a new phone for DS too, because it was a "better deal". :rotfl2:

Annoying things so far:
  • Temporary panic that I'd lost my Wordle/Nerdle stats
  • Actual hassle that it logged into DH's Spotify and Instagram instead of mine (fixed now)
  • Irritating change in screen background color (but easily fixed by DS, who is way more techy than I am)
  • DS had to leave his overnight because it was taking so long, so he is phoneless this morning 🗿
  • My old clear case doesn't fit now, so I can't use all the fun paper inserts I made / the kids made for me 🙁

• New camera is awesome!

I thanked DH, but I don't think he was convinced. :rotfl: I really will be happy in a week or so...after I've adjusted, watched some tutorials on the new features, gotten a couple of compliments on the new case, etc.

Wish me luck!

I LOVE getting a new phone!! However, unless this one breaks, I've got it for about another 11 months. I bought it when there was a deal to pay half price if I agreed to pay over 24 months. No extra interest or anything, I just have to pay my bill once a month 24 times. Usually I buy outright or I pay off when I wish.

So, in 2025, I can switch out. Nothing wrong with this one. I just always want the next tech.

@PollyannaMom New phones are a bit of a hassle. It takes me so long to get used to one then it is time for a new one. I wish you luck with it.
Thanks! - I did edit my post, as I found another "pro" - the time stays on display now even when the screen goes black. I love that I don't have to pick it up to check the time - making whomever I'm talking to feel like I'm waiting for a call or something.

I LOVE getting a new phone!!
DS is excited for his, and I know lots of people who enjoy it. I'm sure your next one will be great!

Good morning. Another very cold morning, but it's sunny and heading for mid 40's. Will be into the 60's again by Tuesday. Just to tease us with Spring again and then slam us with more Winter, unless we get very lucky.

Neither my friend or I were feeling great last night. We stopped talking a little after 1 (11 her time), and I went right to sleep. I must have needed it because it was almost 9 when I woke up. I can't remember ever sleeping that late. I will feel 'off' the rest of the da.y

It was so cold and windy yesterday I told Summer not to come over with the boys until today. I didn't want them trudging through what snow we did have to get to the garden to put the table out there. And I just didn't feel like company. They are going to come this afternoon, or at least that's the plan. I would unbox the treadmill, but with the table there, there's no place I can put it where it won't be in the way.

My cell phone carrier is offering me a great deal on a new phone too, so I'm debating taking them up on it. I like the looks of the Galaxy 24. I don't have trouble adjusting to new phones, since we've always had Galaxy's and they don't change all that much.

@PollyannaMom Good luck to you and your son with your new phones.

Have a nice Sunday everyone

1708267980553.png

Good morning. Another very cold morning, but it's sunny and heading for mid 40's. Will be into the 60's again by Tuesday. Just to tease us with Spring again and then slam us with more Winter, unless we get very lucky.

Neither my friend or I were feeling great last night. We stopped talking a little after 1 (11 her time), and I went right to sleep. I must have needed it because it was almost 9 when I woke up. I can't remember ever sleeping that late. I will feel 'off' the rest of the da.y

It was so cold and windy yesterday I told Summer not to come over with the boys until today. I didn't want them trudging through what snow we did have to get to the garden to put the table out there. And I just didn't feel like company. They are going to come this afternoon, or at least that's the plan. I would unbox the treadmill, but with the table there, there's no place I can put it where it won't be in the way.

My cell phone carrier is offering me a great deal on a new phone too, so I'm debating taking them up on it. I like the looks of the Galaxy 24. I don't have trouble adjusting to new phones, since we've always had Galaxy's and they don't change all that much.

@PollyannaMom Good luck to you and your son with your new phones.

Have a nice Sunday everyone

View attachment 834933
The new live translate App on all the S24's looks interesting. I'd like to see how well it works.

Snowysmom… Yes I am home from our trip to Panama. I enjoyed it but, my knee was so painful that the walking made it really difficult. Since being home I have been struggling with the after vacation blues. Of course, Valentines Day didn’t help either. Sometimes I just can’t believe he is gone.

I have been trying to keep up with everyone, I just don’t seem to have the energy to post much.

Good morning, all 😺😺

Annoying things so far:
  • Temporary panic that I'd lost my Wordle/Nerdle stats (didn't really)

• New camera is awesome! 📸
  • The time stays on the screen even when the phone is "sleeping" :goodvibes

Wish me luck!
Is it possible to take photos of all the inserts and of any new things made for you and use those photos as wallpaper/Lock Screen & Home Screen backgrounds? That way you can still see all your fun things when you use your phone, e.g. https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/H...ettings app, tap,Pride, Collections, or Color.

We got new phones recently, too, and love them! You are right that the new camera is awesome!

@dazedx3 :grouphug: I am glad you got away and liked Panama. Walking around with knee issues is hard. Before I had my knee replacements traveling and walking around was difficult. I agree that the post trip blues are hard and Valentine's Day is a tough day. I still have trouble believing the Chris is gone too. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Good morning. It is a bit warmer here today, 26 degrees. It will again get into the 30s. But it seems to be a very chilly 30s. I have salt therapy this afternoon. Not feeling it today but too late to cancel. While it seems like everyone I know has today off, I do not. It is getting harder for me to want to get into work. I know I can't retire yet as I would have nothing to do but I am having trouble wanting to work. I have been looking for alternatives but can't find anything yet. I will keep looking.

Have a good day.

Good Monday Morning.

We finally got some snow over the weekend. It started Friday night around 6:00, the roads were pretty slick but nothing too bad. Evan called me Friday afternoon and said he had to go out and salt, could I pick Mia up from the babysitter and keep her until he got done around 8 or 9. I stopped at the kids resale store and I got her a pair of pajamas just in case she had to spend the night. I also had Jacob as a back-up in case she did spend the night and Evan overslept Saturday morning. I had to work at 7 am and the plan was to meet at the hospital in the morning so I had Jacob in on the plan in case I needed him. So I bought her a couple of outfits in case she was with Jacob, I wasn't sure what Evan had in the diaper bag. While we were shopping I bought her some shoes and a couple of toys to keep at my house. Sure enough, Evan called at 8:00 and said he wasn't going to be done until around 11, could she spend the night. Luckily he woke up in time in the morning and met us at the hospital. She stayed sleeping with all the moving around and slept until 10:00 that morning. I'm glad Evan was able to go back to bed and get more sleep.

Thankfully I was off yesterday so I did about 5 loads of laundry and cleaned my house real good, even mopped the kitchen floor. I hate mopping that floor b/c the dogs just get it dirty when they come in from the backyard. Sure enough Boomer came running in with chunks of mud and grass stuck in his paws.

lynxstch - congrats on winning the concert tickets. I never try to win that kind of stuff, I'm just not lucky.

Grabbed a vet appointment for Remy, the stray I took in last year. She's been going to the bathroom outside of the litter box, I just figured she didn't like the cat litter I bought. Over the weekend I noticed there was blood in her stool. I can't get her there until Saturday but that's the best I can do.

That's about it for me. Have a great day!

Good morning, sunny and mid to upper 40's today. Supposed to be warmer this week, but of course it will rain those days. It's almost like we are getting the end of March weather in February.

Summer never showed up yesterday and didn't answer texts or voice mails. I'm going to try taking the table apart myself today. My good knee is aching for some reason, so I'll at least try and get the side leaves off of it, and take it from there.

Watched American Idol last night- several really good voices in just the premiere. And of course they have to have some tug at the heart strings stories to go along with most of them. At least it was something different to watch. My dvr only has 2 shows left to watch, Blue Bloods and Fire Country.

Have a nice day everyone.

1708351566735.png

Good Morning dear 🐣with love from rainy LA. Wishing each of you a cozy and happy in some way day. Online worship yesterday had a wonderful message. PM me if you would like the link. Short reminder that God is with and loves us always. Remember friends by His grace, I care, too. Good to see you Luckyrabbit :)

Sweet Dreams dear Quacker Family. The first two images remind me of the third. Remember forever you are precious to God. He absolutely made you perfectly and is always with you. XO from me, too.

Attachments

• Heart.jpg
    Heart.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Pooh.jpg
    Pooh.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Wonderfully made.jpg
    Wonderfully made.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter