• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Feel better Snowysmom!!

Tough morning… I had to have our dog, Tucker, put down. Now the house is truly empty.😢. He was so helpful to Kris when he got sick. I imagine Tucker snuggled under the heated blanket next to Kris. So much loss, I really don’t know how much more I can take.

"Tough morning..." I'm really sorry to read that Dazed.

Re: birds

My husband started making his own homemade suet cakes for the birds and they've gone over really well with the bird population. Come to think of it, that could be why the barn cat has been around the back yard trees a few times recently! Soon we will start hearing more & more turkeys across the creek and hopefully on our farm. Husband actually saw some eagles fighting over a deer the other day! He said there were 6 of them, the two biggest were having a go at each other, and the younger/smaller ones were hanging back. We see eagles frequently, but usually fighting so I'd have liked to see that bit of nature playing out.

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I've been trying to keep up, but I am sure I've missed some things here & there. Our trip to WDW was ok - kids had a good time as adults visiting for the first time in 10 or 12 years. We had a okay time - by that I mean that the bloom is just off the rose for us. OKW was a bit tired, and we really wished we would have stayed at a nicer hotel. Trash - more trash then we've ever seen at WDW. The ladies underwear in the bushes in MK was a nice touch.... I've been to NC for two nights (work) since we've been back and I'm headed down again on Sunday morning for a Monday morning meeting and then I'll head home that day. Then back down to Orlando for a Risk Management conference at beginning of March, then over to Ft. Myers to meet my husband at my folks for a long weekend. Then later in March I'm headed down to Nashville for a night or two for a BOD meeting. I'm hoping to fly in & out of there in 24 hours, but we will see how that goes. After that the travel slows down and the mowing around the farm ramps up8-) Trees/bushes are starting to bud. Daffodils are coming up & sun is setting later & later. I think Daylight Savings starts in a few weeks come to think of it.
whew! Sounds silly but I'm ready for Memorial Day and a 3-day weekend!

No specific plans for dinner this evening, my BIL is coming over so my husband can take a look at something on his truck. Not sure if they are doing that at the house or at the shop where there is a vehicle lift. I think it will be a eat whatever type of evening. Or I'll order them a pizza or something along those lines.

It’s so sad to say Goodbye to our fur babies. I am sorry you had to do that @dazedx3 .

Our dog is Gus, and in winter on warmer days, he likes to go out for awhile and lie in the sunshine in the side yard. Today is not a warmer day, and Tom and I were in the kitchen, and we realized that we didn’t know where Gus was. He’s usually with one of us. So, we looked. He was in my reading room, which gets the sun in the afternoon, he was in the bit of sunshine in the room. He looked so content, we don’t believe he’s ever done that before.

Last edited:

Good afternoon thread save with extra :grouphug:🙏to you dear Dazed.

To AuntieMe3, Footballmouse, Kirby, Luckyrabbit along with anyone who may shop at Kroger or Ralphs, I would tremendously appreciate a favor. Please PM me. Thank you so much kind friends.

Hi! Tom was feeling tightness in chest, so we are at ER. They are checking him out…it’s not like when he came with the heart attack.. for sure we are concerned.

There are statistics about survival rates after heart attacks and it’s a small per cent but the first time they give is 90 days out. That would be March 8.,. And I know Tom was anxiously waiting to pass that threshold.

Feel better Snowysmom!!

Tough morning… I had to have our dog, Tucker, put down. Now the house is truly empty.😢. He was so helpful to Kris when he got sick. I imagine Tucker snuggled under the heated blanket next to Kris. So much loss, I really don’t know how much more I can take.
So sorry. My wife had a Tibetan Spaniel named Tucker who left us about a year and a half ago. He was our first dog and had such a sweet heart. There are still times I use my feet to feel for him while we are in bed. 😢

❤️and prayer dear Bobbi. Please tell Tom he is in my prayers, too.

:grouphug:SpaceMan. Losing a furry friend is indeed heartbreaking. I love that both your family and Dazed's had dogs name Tucker. I believe right now the two :dogdance:are becoming fast angel friends in Heaven perhaps with my Champ, too. I once knew and loved a preschooler named Tucker.

Extra hug to all.

@bobbiwoz Thinking of you and Tom and sending prayers. Glad he is staying for observation. I hope you get some rest and Tom is back home soon.

@dazedx3 Thinking of you. :grouphug:

@flyingdumbo127 You are early today. :daisy:

Good morning. It is 19 with temps heading to 40. We are expecting rain tonight and tomorrow. I am getting ready to take basement water pics again and again sending them to the punch list. I walked and talked with one woman who has been here since the beginning. She said she just got her punch list finished a year and a half later. She is appalled at the water issue I have. I may go out and find the foreman today and ask him when they are going to address my issues. She said she had to do that whenever something went wrong. She said she hunted him down. I am not really a person who does that kind of thing or feels comfortable doing that but I am learning that living here, I need to do that. I so need peace and calm in my life to even try to figure out where I am going in this life and as long as I have to deal with this condo and issues I will never find it. On the good side I talked with Jeff's kids last night and Sam now says Nana. Jeff asked him who I was and he said, Nana. So sweet.

I am so happy not to be on 495 and route 3 this morning. I don't like being sick but I so like not being on the highway. It makes me think of how it could be but I know I can't retire yet with nothing to do and work will always want me to come into the office one day a week. I try to figure out a different way to do things but also need to keep my anxiety under control and driving 495 during rush hour is not the way to do that. That is why I drive it at 5 am! :crazy: My sore throat is better today but I am still headachy, tired, coughing a bit, and have chills.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning.⛈️

Bobbiwoz - hope your husband is feeling better this morning and you got some sleep.😴

Snowysmom - I hope you didn't go into the office this morning. It sounds like you still need to be home 🤒. Nana is what I'm hoping Mia will call me but I'm okay with grandma.:love:

Mitchell rode with me to pick up my auction items, we stopped and had lunch 🥪. I won the bid for a record player but we couldn't find it so they refunded me the money. I didn't need it until Xmas so I still have time to get one.

Remy went to the vet yesterday. The vet thinks she's 2 years old based on her teeth. She got a rabbies shot and another shot for a possible UTI 💉. She also got some medicine that I need to give her, OMG what an ordeal. This is not going to be easy for the next week but I need this to get cleared up so she stops going to the bathroom on the floor.😡

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

Remy continuing prayers, Footballmouse and thank you for the extra love you give her.

Dear Snowysmom, I wish you so very much peace and joy. God Bless Sam. What about trying a volunteer opportunity for an afternoon or an hour? Maybe offer to help at a library or church. Or like God led me to so many years ago a thrift store for a cause (Cancer Society for me) important to you. Just thinking aloud or in type lol.

Thank you and PollyannaMom so much. I'm fine. I had a busier day yesterday and didn't get as much daytime at the kitchen table sleep as I normally do. Grace of God, I slept more last night, truly I did. At 3:30 I was in between getting up for the restroom and back to rest. God had me check in here. Between then and now, I did get a bit more rest and will take my after breakfast little nap.

Love always to all of dear you. Bobbi :grouphug:You are lovely. Please take care of yourself and remember are here and care. More importantly, God is with you and Tom extra and always. Big hugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter