• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

A frustrating Wednesday update sadly is I am still battling runaround. Tomorrow, early, I'll need to call part of my current insurance once again. These are the people who told me to do the Teladoc appointment and get the podiatrist referral which I did. The podiatrist’s office is asking for additional information and once again telling me a referral must be submitted specifically for their office by my primary (Don't have one). GRR! This is why so many people horribly have no healthcare :( I shall try again tomorrow.

::MickeyMo::MinnieMoPictures to I pray bring each of you extra cheer :)

Attachments

• Good Evening.jpg
    Good Evening.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Good Night.png
    Good Night.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 0

Good Thursday morning.:cold:

Got my haircut last night, decided to go a tad bit shorter. Mitchell went with me for his appointment. I was telling him on the way down that he needs to cut his hair. It looks dirty and unkept and he'll never get a decent job looking like that. Little did I know that he had planned to cut it all off except for the top. I was surprised but very happy!🥳

Survivor started last night and I fell asleep 1/2 way through 😴. It was on for 2 hours and I had a feeling I wasn't going to make it. I'll watch the rest today. My bosses are at an all day retreat today so I'll have some time.

That's about it for me. Tonight's agenda is doing laundry. Fun times.😒

Dumbo - I hope you get a referral. It all circles back to the insurance company. The doctor's office has to go by their rules or they won't get paid. It completely sucks and makes it harder for people to get care.

Bobbiwoz - good news on your end!

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. Still cold outside, 32 and feels like 20. The winds are starting to die down. That's a good thing. Lost power last night around 10. Came back on about 5 minutes later. I had to reboot everything in the house, and reset one of the tv's as if they were brand new. I went to bed about 1:30 and was talking to my friend when it went out again. I got up and reset everything again, and it stayed on this time. Called the power company and they said they had no reported outages in our area. I said then tell them to come and check the pole on the next street again. Power doesn't just go off and then on, and then on and off. At the time there was no wind at all.

Got a notice from my ISP yesterday that their prices were increasing , again. They just went up 6 months ago. I called and dropped one package and switched to a different one. I don't watch the sports channels, and I don't watch half of the channels on the other package. I cut my cable bill in half and still have everything I want to watch. With the increase my monthly bill would have been almost $250. No way was I paying that. They gave me some discounts for being a loyal customer and my new bill will now be $126. That I can live with. It's internet, 2 tv both with streaming boxes, HD, the cloud and pods. I had to threaten to cut the cord and go to Direct TV or just streaming, and she said she'd find me something I could live with.

I texted Summer last night to ask her how Gracie was,, but got no answer, I'll ask her when we go shopping. She needs a break from nothing but doctors appointments all week.

Have to get ready to leave. Have a nice day.

1709217335170.png

I agree that it’s cold this morning!

We will do some food shopping.

Ashley our dog walker will walk Gus today. Her hubby is Coast Guard and their next assignment is Ketchikan Alaska. We will miss Ashley, and wish them well. It could be his last assignment. I don’t know how people do those long winter days.

Best wishes to @flyingdumbo127 as you call for help!!

:thanks:all so very much, I will be making calls after lunch because dad is out right now and I want to keep the phone line open. Happy Leap Day to all! :)

Could you use your cell phone? I know if I'm on my cell and I get another call it notifies me, so I wouldn't miss it if need be. Man - it's hard to believe that after all this time you are still having trouble getting an appt. w/ a primary care Dr. Can any of them at least get you on the calendar? It just doesn't seem right that you can't get in anywhere after 2 or 3 months. Is there a Dr. shortage in your area? I know in our area some folks are having trouble finding offices that are accepting new patients and have to go a bit farther down the road to see someone. I know I'm driving 45 minutes this afternoon to go to my mammogram...although, we are in a rural area and in truth it's often 45 min. to anywhere! Hope someone can see you sooner rather than later.

Hey there everyone. I've been trying to keep up and reading along when time allows but I think I've missed a fair bit.
I think I've read that several of you have family members w/ some ongoing health issues. Hope all is going well for them and you.

Boy, the last week or so the trees have really started getting 'that look'. A sheen of green or red as things start to perk up and wake up. And the frogs! Man the frogs have started to sing, at least in our pond & creek! We have a list of yard work & pruning to do that is a mile long but Saturday looks like a wash, so we will try to get as much done on Sunday as possible since we won't be home next weekend. And next weekend the time moves forward....it is forward, isn't it? I guess I'll find out.

Not much else is going on with us. Same old stuff - work is busybusy but that is good. Better than the opposite. No idea what dinner will look like tonight other than I think it will be a take away dinner. I didn't take anything out of the freezer and I won't even be home till 6ish. Not sure when my husband will be home, so since neither of us will be around to get dinner started at a decent hour I'll bring something home. hmmm sushi maybe:thumbsup2

Same here on Pea!

Thank you Easyas and always good to see you! I am currently waiting for an insurance call back. The other reason I didn't call them while dad out earlier was because once they finally do call back it's a longer process :P I completely agree this is ridiculous that I am still waiting. The main issue is that I am not yet able to walk down my stairs to the car to go to the doctor. That was why when the insurance suggested I do a Teladoc call to get the necessary podiatrist referral that was perfect. The podiatrist is now informing me that the doctor would have needed to put in his request through insurance specifically mentioning their office. I did tell the doctor that initially. He was fantastic and so kind. He wasted no time in getting his referral up onto my chart online which is what we thought would suffice. When the insurance company calls me back, I will directly let them know, I did exactly what was recommended to me by one of your agents. How can you (person I am speaking with) help me right now to make an appointment with a podiatrist? Part two will be to inquire again as to help options down the stairs. This seems to baffle everyone as it appears unheard of! God willing one day when I am completely healed, I pray to make some type of difference in our healthcare system to people who are in similar situations. This is just not right at all! Update to come, God willing a little later. I hope all of you are enjoying this extra day of February! :)

This bonus February Day gave us a new member of the family. Our grandson and his Fiancee were married this morning at the courthouse in a neighboring town. They were able to put it all together in an amazingly short time. It was a warm loving ceremony and then we all went back to their house for a luncheon, cake and Champagne. They are having a small reception at a very nice restaurant this Sunday evening. I love when the family grows.
Now how will I mark this on next years' calendar? Hmmm?

Congratulations to your whole family Dznymemories. God Bless the newlyweds. As for next year, how about picking a day either in February or Springtime to celebrate extra in some way? And or plant a tree that all of you can nuture and watch grow over the years. Maybe this is possible also to do in your community, a way to literally put down extra roots for the bride and groom. Prayers for all of you. Joy always :)

Pea🙏❤️

Tomorrow morning, I will once again be calling my healthcare network under the umbrella of my insurance. This time, I will request a supervisor! I did everything advised by one of their very own representatives in terms of doing the Teladoc appointment (I had such a kind doctor. He practices nowhere near me which is too bad) who immediately put his referral that I see a podiatrist and have X-Rays taken on my Teladoc chart online. As of now, any regular agent refuses to act on the doctor's referral saying I need a doctor to go through them directly. So frustrating. Dad and I agree this is why so many sadly don't get any care. Heartbreaking and so very wrong. Thank you all always for your prayers and I will keep you updated!

Love and Sweet Dreams to all!

Attachments

• Sweet Dreams.png
    Sweet Dreams.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 0
@flyingdumbo127 I am so sorry you are having such trouble with the insurance company. It is truly shame how things are and that they just don't care. I hope you can get a resolution from a supervisor.

Bobbiwoz Congrats on the good update on PT.

Dznymemories Congrats on the new family member. Maybe next year you can celebrate on Feb 28 and March 1. Do something each day that is fun for the couple.

Good morning. Thankfully the wind has calmed down. Wed night I thought the condo was going to take off it was so windy and noisy. I did not sleep well listening to the wind and all the noises I heard from the condo. My ride to work was OK as the wind was a bit less at that time. Right now it is 22 with temps heading into the 40s. I had lunch with my friend before she leaves for a month in Florida. They gave us a booth which had a sign on the wall saying Everything is gonna be alright. We both looked at each other and said I hope so. We support each other as much as we can. I went back to the condo and took a very chilly walk in the wind. That was my one and only walk as it was just too cold to do another one. Today I may go to the gym as well as take a couple of walks.

Have a good day.

The main issue is that I am not yet able to walk down my stairs to the car to go to the doctor.
Can you do it if your Dad holds onto one side of you and a neighbor onto the other? That way you're supporting less of your own weight?

Or maybe holding onto the railing with both hands and going down sideways, leading with the non-boot foot on each step?

Or even sitting down on the top step and "scooting" down one step at time, like little kids do?

I can see how the teledoc would be able to determine over the screen that you should see a podiatrist, but I can't see how the podiatrist will be able to do their part without taking x-rays, which they can't do over the screen, so the stairs problem has to be solved one way or another.

The only other alternatives I can think of are a housecall (probably available in your area but super expensive) or an ambulance transport where they carry you down on a stretcher.

As for the referral red tape - what a mess! It's possible that after you talk to the insurance again, they will just need the secretary at the teledoc to resubmit the referral with a different "code" on it. - But you should not have to go through all this hassle in the first place! Fingers crossed the calls go better today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter