Queen Elizabeth funeral and looking forward

Sad to hear this. It does sound like they’re expecting the worst. All the family, including Prince Harry and Meghan, are traveling to be with her.

Truly sad day. I realize one that all knew was coming sooner rather than later, with her being 96 and all but still, sad. When someone is of her age, you know they've had a lovely, long and beautiful life. It's sad yes, but not in the same way that other's passing are.
You knew it was bad when they made this announcement when she had no public events scheduled. They just announced her status at random, which is unusual.
Then when I heard Will and Harry both headed there, it was doubly serious.

Sky News anchors have switched to black attire, as well. Medical supervision is one thing, but when the family starts rushing in, you know something terrible is up.

I have cnn on in the background. It will be very sad when she passes. King Charles just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Just jumping on the King part - is there any other country where that National Anthem changes (Queen to King in this case)?

I have cnn on in the background. It will be very sad when she passes. King Charles just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
King Charles I and II would probably disagree with you 😉

You knew it was bad when they made this announcement when she had no public events scheduled.
They probably did it because yesterdays meeting with the Privy Council did get cancelled and they had already said on doctors' orders absolute rest needed after meeting Boris and Liz.

King Charles I and II would probably disagree with you 😉

I always found it very odd that the Queen named her heir Charles. Neither Charles I nor II had what you would call illustrious reigns. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he takes a different regnal name. My money is on George VII.

Just jumping on the King part - is there any other country where that National Anthem changes (Queen to King in this case)?
The guards at the Tower of London have ER on their tunics for Elizabeth Regina. That will have to change also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter