• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Queen, King or Split King UPDATE

maxaroni

DIS Veteran
We are looking to be a new mattress with an adjustable base. We are torn with keeping a queen or going to a king, or split king. We are leaning towards split king, allowing each of us to be able to adjust separately. Any pros or cons?

We bought a split cal king and love it so much bought the same bed for our second home. If you or your spouse are a cuddler/spooner then it is probably not for you. My husband sleeps at a slight incline for his indigestion and it has helped tremendously. It is also nice when you have a cold to be able to incline.

Wish they made a split queen. King is too large for my bedroom. But if I was picking I would go with the split king.

We are looking to be a new mattress with an adjustable base. We are torn with keeping a queen or going to a king, or split king. We are leaning towards split king, allowing each of us to be able to adjust separately. Any pros or cons?
We bought a split king a couple of years ago and love it. Will never go back to a "regular" mattress. The only con is the sheets. You need split king sheets (2 contour sheets) and it just gets a little more difficult each year putting them on.

We bought a split king from sleep number - hands down the best $$$ we have spent 😂
And the feet heat option is nice in the winter!
My husband actually had knee surgery the week prior to Christmas and being able to elevate his leg in bed made him a lot more comfortable.

We bought a fancy queen adjustable bed in July and easily found a position we both agreed on.

We're out of town and have both remarked how much we miss our bed!

My parents always had 2 twins pushed together, and used king-sized fitted and top sheets. They liked being able to push them apart for cleaning under the bed.

We bought a split king a couple of years ago and love it. Will never go back to a "regular" mattress. The only con is the sheets. You need split king sheets (2 contour sheets) and it just gets a little more difficult each year putting them on.
My parents had a split king. My mom said she'd never do it again. The sheets were too much of a hassle.

Thanks to all. I feel as though the sheets situation is one that will get me irritated. We had said that we’d never do the whole adjustable base thing, especially not king or split king. Well, here we are. A few of our neighbors have the split king and it has piqued our interest.

Valuable thread as I'm in the market for a new mattress. Having hit the older ages, things definitely change so I am considering an adjustable bed. I could have used one 2 years ago after foot surgery.

So what sort of sheets do you by for a split King? Twin sheets? And yeah, I'm thinking that putting them on because of the middle is going to be a contortion act?

Ours is a split top king, so we have one whole bottom sheet that is split just at the top to accommodate the top of the mattress.

Timely thread as we are also looking at adjustable “smart” beds. I’m leaning towards the King split. Any particular brand recommendations?

I didn’t know until this that there were split king sheets as our neighbors get 2 sets of twin xl sheets. Where do you purchase yours for the best selection?

I didn’t know until this that there were split king sheets as our neighbors get 2 sets of twin xl sheets. Where do you purchase yours for the best selection?
Amazon. I found it in my past orders (it was some time ago). It reads: "Split King size 5 piece sheet set Comfy, breathable & cooling sheets-Hotel luxury bed sheets for women & Men-Deep pockets, easy fit, soft & wrinkle free. $36.96. CGK Unlimites Store. Over 40 colors to choose from. This was a couple of years ago, price may be higher.

Amazon. I found it in my past orders (it was some time ago). It reads: "Split King size 5 piece sheet set Comfy, breathable & cooling sheets-Hotel luxury bed sheets for women & Men-Deep pockets, easy fit, soft & wrinkle free. $36.96. CGK Unlimites Store. Over 40 colors to choose from. This was a couple of years ago, price may be higher.
Thank you

Absolutely love the split king, I am always adjusting because it can be tough to get comfortable and I am grateful to not disturb DH while I am forever making small adjustments. Same thing goes for my chair, I know I would annoy the crap out of him if he was along for the ride. For the sheets, two twin fitted and a single king on top with a king quilt.

We went with Sleep Number.
Been getting our sheets from Wholesale Bedding - they carry the split top king sheets that are not anything I've seen on a shelf anywhere besides SN.

We went with Sleep Number.
Been getting our sheets from Wholesale Bedding - they carry the split top king sheets that are not anything I've seen on a shelf anywhere besides SN.
My son and DIL are waiting to hear back from Sleep Number on their warranty claim. I guess Sleep number beds are basically just air mattresses with a thick mattress pad on them. One side split after only three years Supposed to be under warranty for 10 years, but Rep says the process requires them to file a claim and Rep isn't hopeful the claim will be approved. Kind of an expensive lesson for them. They are giving serious thought to going back to a conventional mattress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter