Querie about Travellodge Maingate

minniemick

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at the Travellodge Maingate? Is this far away from the Disney parks, we will not be having a car. Any information on this hotel would be appreciated.
Thanks for any help. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Travelodge Maingate East? - location wise it is more or less opposite Old Town. We stayed in that area last year and found it OK - plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

We are booked in there next week, so I can let you know when we get back (end of June). Have asked a few questions myself and have not had any horror stories back. They have a website - can't recall what it is at the moment. I'll try and dig it out for you.

Sue

Shuttle Fan

How was your trip? Did you end up staying at the Travelodge? We are heading down that way next week and was curious on what you found. Was it OK?
Thanks,

Hi, yes we did stay at the Travelodge Maingate as we got a late package there. The hotel was fine. Clean, tidy, friendly staff. It comprises of two blocks with a normal adult pool, good sized kids pool, jacuzzi and sand volleyball court between, although not many sun loungers. If you're in the first block you either look out over the 192 or directly over the pool. In the second block you've got either a pool view or a view over the car park at the rear from where you can apparently see the fireworks at Disney.

The rooms were spacious with small balcony. Decor a little dated, but clean. Two double beds, set of drawers, table and 2 chairs, bedside table, large TV with pay per view films and Nintendo. Bathroom is large with massage type shower (select various settings) and large work surface. Basin is at one end and coffee machine at other. Safe below. Daily maid service. The only downside was there wasn't much hanging or drawer space for clothes.

Laundry on floors 3 and 6, ice machine/drinks on other floors. Good bar with happy hours twice a day, small shop and self service restaurant.

Good location, over road from Old Town, Red Lobster, Pizza Hut, KFC. Next door to MacDonalds. Bennegans and Ponderosa within walking distance.

All in all, good value for money.

Have a great time there.

I agree with Shuttle Fan about the travelodge. We were only there for 7 days & did not have a car. You are restricted having to wait for the buses, these only run at certain times and when you waited for the buses at Epcot and the TTC you stood in the middle of the coach park with the fumes from the coaches. The old Town is worth a visit very interesting, and also lots of gift shops & restaurants, the Ponderosa is well worth the money for breakfast & dinner.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter