Question about 2 sets of tickets being used on same trip

djc9699

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I have annual passes. I am taking my niece who is 12 with us for a two week trip in June. My daughter and I go two or three times a year and are used to going into the parks when we arrive and at least for a little while every day we are there (hence the APs). My niece will not be taking another trip so no reason to upgrade her to AP. I have already purchased a 10-day hopper for her and will likely purchase a 3-day one park per day ticket as well. The 10-day is good for our entire trip. The 3-day I want to start on the day we arrive and the next two days because this is her first trip and we will be going to MK on arrival just to introduce her to it and then MK and HS with EMM the next two days and staying most of the day. We likely won't hop until later in the trip. If I do that then the non-hopper ticket is only good through 5 days, I think. That's the background, here are the questions.

Will I be able to make FP for all 13 days since she will have both tickets? Pretty sure I can just need clarification because if not I won't buy until I get there. We are staying on site.

Where do I need to go to ensure the 3 day ticket is pulled first? Do I do that at guest services or ticketing? If I do that on the first day, that will work for the next two without needing to stop again, right?

Thanks in advance. I thought about going to SeaWorld or Universal for a few days but that would cost more since I would need to buy tickets for all of us and my daughter has no desire to go back to Universal.

What hiroMYhero said, however it’s probably cheaper to buy the AP and then you don’t have to deal with prioritizing tickets.

Did the math: a 10-day hopper and a 3 day non-hopper (for the same start date in June) would be $52.32 MORE than buying the basic platinum AP. A 10 day hopper and a 3 day hopper (which would be the real equivalent for the AP) would be $126.87 than the AP. 'Twere me, I'd just get the AP and not worry about which tickets I should use when.

Steve

Did the math: a 10-day hopper and a 3 day non-hopper (for the same start date in June) would be $52.32 MORE than buying the basic platinum AP. A 10 day hopper and a 3 day hopper (which would be the real equivalent for the AP) would be $126.87 than the AP. 'Twere me, I'd just get the AP and not worry about which tickets I should use when.

Steve
Yep and if you are a DVC member, it may be even cheaper than that for the AP.

Steve
You know. You are absolutely correct. I priced it with the AP with waterparks. Was in a hurry I guess. Talk about over thinking. Thank you for pointing that out. I will upgrade her to a pass when we get there. We will still be able to pick up decent FP for the other days. Always change plans a few days anyway.

You know. You are absolutely correct. I priced it with the AP with waterparks. Was in a hurry I guess. Talk about over thinking. Thank you for pointing that out. I will upgrade her to a pass when we get there. We will still be able to pick up decent FP for the other days. Always change plans a few days anyway.
If you purchased that 10-day ticket directly from Disney, call Ticketing and ask if you can upgrade it now.

Just to say thanks again. I called today and upgraded to the annual pass. Took four phone calls and an hour on the phone to get to the right person, but once the right person was found it was easy.
Happy to hear it did work and you’re all set! :)

glad it worked out. something to keep in mind though about annual passes- from what i understand you can only book FP+ for 7 days at a time. so even if you go for 2 weeks, you can only book 7 days of FP+ up front. then once you use your first FP+ day, you can book for another day of your trip. someone can correct me, but i'm fairly certain that's how it works. but you may not mind for your particular trip! :-) have fun with 2 weeks at disney. i'm jealous!

glad it worked out. something to keep in mind though about annual passes- from what i understand you can only book FP+ for 7 days at a time. so even if you go for 2 weeks, you can only book 7 days of FP+ up front. then once you use your first FP+ day, you can book for another day of your trip. someone can correct me, but i'm fairly certain that's how it works.

If you are staying onsite, you can book up to 14 days of FP. If staying off site, 7 is the limit.

glad it worked out. something to keep in mind though about annual passes- from what i understand you can only book FP+ for 7 days at a time. so even if you go for 2 weeks, you can only book 7 days of FP+ up front. then once you use your first FP+ day, you can book for another day of your trip. someone can correct me, but i'm fairly certain that's how it works. but you may not mind for your particular trip! :-) have fun with 2 weeks at disney. i'm jealous!
We always stay 2 weeks or more. As long as we are staying on site we can make FP for the entire stay (up to 14 days).

Not true if staying in sight then you get 14 days off sit 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter