Question About Adding An Extra Day

Shock13

DIS Veteran
Hello all, next week I'll be heading over to DLR. I currently have a 2 day ticket but want to add an extra day. What is the best way to do this? I've looked on the website and the app and can't find anywhere to do this unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Thanks.

I am almost certain you have to do it in person at the ticket booth before the end of your second day. Some have called and done it, but that means cancelling and refunding the current tickets (and losing park reservations potentially) and then re-buying the 3 day ticket.

You either have to do it when you get there at a ticket booth and hope the day is available or you have to call and buy a 3 day ticket (and again hope all three days are available to book) and they will refund you the other ticket.

Wow! Talk about super inconvenient. But thank you for the info!
It is so dumb that they don't let us upgrade tickets before arrival. I am also going next week and bought a 3 day Hopper thinking I would add a day or two when we arrived if we decided we wanted more time in the parks. That was before I realized it was Columbus Day weekend and the park reservations availability dwindled before we even got there. I ended up purchasing one day tix today just to make sure I had one more day. So instead of costing $90 to add a day, it cost me $342.

Agree that it is a difficult process to simply add a day to Disneyland tickets. I spent 6 hours yesterday making multiple phone calls to the ticket and travel phone numbers. For the last week when I called the ticket number it would say no cast members were available and hang up. Finally tried chat through the app and was connected to a CM right away. I was surprised that they said I needed to buy new tickets and then get a refund. So, I asked what would happen to our dining reservations and they said they would all be canceled (turns out not to be the case as I found out later). That would have been heartbreaking since we have almost impossible to get dining reservations at Oga’s Cantina and Carthay circle. We are 2 weeks until our trip and park reservations are filling up, so waiting until we arrive in the park was a concern. Called the travel phone number since we have Disney Hotel reservations and was told dining reservations are separate from tickets, so they would not be canceled. Since we buy our tickets with gift cards to save 5% we would have to buy more and then purchase the new tickets online and then call back for a refund. Asked if they could stay on the phone while I bought the new gift cards and tickets, but was told no since they were so busy. I ended the call and proceeded to buy more gift cards and the new tickets. We had four 4-day tickets, but wanted three 5-day tickets and one 3-day ticket since my Mom was leaving early. After doing that I called back and found out after the fact that tickets cannot be downgraded, so I thought they would simply cancel the purchase of the 3-day ticket and keep the 4-day ticket. Nope. They said tickets are non-refundable even under these circumstances when I just bought them minutes earlier for the purpose of exchanging them. Also, DL tickets cannot be used as a credit toward WDW tickets since they are separate parks. We are planning on this being our last visit to DIsneyland because I’m planning to sell my DVC contract at the Grand Cal because of things like this have happened in the past. So, I may have cost myself $340 trying to save $37.50. I’ll say that this has been anything, but magical and has put a sour note on the upcoming trip. And, the gift cards were not immediately refund as I was told they would be on an earlier call. I honestly think I am done with Disney vacations after this. I bought into DVC at the Grand Cal at the start of COVID in 2020 and that has been a roller coaster ride in itself! The way Grand Cal members were treated who had points expiring during the closure was disappointing. Seems like everything to do with Disney is so complicated and there are hidden costs like this when you think you are following the right procedure only to be surprised that there was some “catch” that costs you money. Now, I’m hoping that the gift cards are refunded in time so that we can use those while we are in the parks. Sorry for the long “vent”, but wanted other people to know in case they find themselves in a similar situation. Plus, I woke up at 3am thinking about this and can’t sleep, so hopefully getting this out there will put my mind to rest 😂. Oh well. We will “let it go” and have fun saying farewell during our last trip ever to Disneyland!

Agree that it is a difficult process to simply add a day to Disneyland tickets. I spent 6 hours yesterday making multiple phone calls to the ticket and travel phone numbers. For the last week when I called the ticket number it would say no cast members were available and hang up. Finally tried chat through the app and was connected to a CM right away. I was surprised that they said I needed to buy new tickets and then get a refund. So, I asked what would happen to our dining reservations and they said they would all be canceled (turns out not to be the case as I found out later). That would have been heartbreaking since we have almost impossible to get dining reservations at Oga’s Cantina and Carthay circle. We are 2 weeks until our trip and park reservations are filling up, so waiting until we arrive in the park was a concern. Called the travel phone number since we have Disney Hotel reservations and was told dining reservations are separate from tickets, so they would not be canceled. Since we buy our tickets with gift cards to save 5% we would have to buy more and then purchase the new tickets online and then call back for a refund. Asked if they could stay on the phone while I bought the new gift cards and tickets, but was told no since they were so busy. I ended the call and proceeded to buy more gift cards and the new tickets. We had four 4-day tickets, but wanted three 5-day tickets and one 3-day ticket since my Mom was leaving early. After doing that I called back and found out after the fact that tickets cannot be downgraded, so I thought they would simply cancel the purchase of the 3-day ticket and keep the 4-day ticket. Nope. They said tickets are non-refundable even under these circumstances when I just bought them minutes earlier for the purpose of exchanging them. Also, DL tickets cannot be used as a credit toward WDW tickets since they are separate parks. We are planning on this being our last visit to DIsneyland because I’m planning to sell my DVC contract at the Grand Cal because of things like this have happened in the past. So, I may have cost myself $340 trying to save $37.50. I’ll say that this has been anything, but magical and has put a sour note on the upcoming trip. And, the gift cards were not immediately refund as I was told they would be on an earlier call. I honestly think I am done with Disney vacations after this. I bought into DVC at the Grand Cal at the start of COVID in 2020 and that has been a roller coaster ride in itself! The way Grand Cal members were treated who had points expiring during the closure was disappointing. Seems like everything to do with Disney is so complicated and there are hidden costs like this when you think you are following the right procedure only to be surprised that there was some “catch” that costs you money. Now, I’m hoping that the gift cards are refunded in time so that we can use those while we are in the parks. Sorry for the long “vent”, but wanted other people to know in case they find themselves in a similar situation. Plus, I woke up at 3am thinking about this and can’t sleep, so hopefully getting this out there will put my mind to rest 😂. Oh well. We will “let it go” and have fun saying farewell during our last trip ever to Disneyland!

I just wanted to let you know that I had a similar changing tickets situation. I had purchased my boys' 1 day Park Hopper tickets with gift cards (also to save the 5%) and ended up needing to change the day they would be used. A Saturday is more expensive than a Thursday. I couldn't upgrade and had to buy all new tickets. I was told (through the App chat) that my credit card they had on file would be refunded for the original purchase of tickets. (I had to fill out a form sent through the chat feature pertaining to the original tickets I bought, and a separate form for the new tickets I bought.) So even though I bought with gift cards, the refund is supposedly coming back to the credit card they have on file. I was told the refund would happen within 14 days. After almost a month and no sign of a refund, I went back into the chat feature to ask about it. They said it would be refunded within 60 days, or 2 credit card cycles. Still waiting for the refund. It has been 35 days now. All this to say... don't plan on getting your refund in time to spend during your trip.

I also bought mine with gift cards I got discounted. And they told me if I wanted to do the repurchase/refund route it would be a week or so before the GC were credited. I didn’t want to chance it so I ended up just buying the one day tix which negated the GC discounts and added even more. The lack of park availability and dining has also soured my experience. I’m planning for the worst crowd expectation wise and trying to manage my expectations. Just hoping the stress of planning fades away when I arrive.

I also bought mine with gift cards I got discounted. And they told me if I wanted to do the repurchase/refund route it would be a week or so before the GC were credited. I didn’t want to chance it so I ended up just buying the one day tix which negated the GC discounts and added even more. The lack of park availability and dining has also soured my experience. I’m planning for the worst crowd expectation wise and trying to manage my expectations. Just hoping the stress of planning fades away when I arrive.
I'm with you that the hopefully the stress of planning will fade away as well when we get there. There is so much to planning Disney vacations that it is almost like being a part time travel agent. Most of the travel agents I have reached out to specialize in WDW and are not as familiar with DL otherwise I'd be happy to leave this all to a professional. Sounds like you are hearing that crowds are expected to pack the parks as well. Now that FastPass is gone there is no alternative to avoid the standby lines. I keep hoping that Genie+ may somehow be in place before mid-month, but that's looking like wishful thinking right now. I really hope that you get the dining reservations you are hoping for and have a great time while you are there! Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter