• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about AKV in AKL???

kmc33

DIS Veteran
This might be a dumb question, but I am confused.:confused3 Sorry if this has already been answered, but I have been searching and reading and haven't found it.

If I understand correctly, part of the AKV will exist in the current AKL? Or is the whole Animal Kingdom resort property going to become DVC?

Thanks!! :)

as i understand it:

yes - part of the AKV will be in the current AKL and there will be a new DVC-only building.

no - the current AKL will remain mostly non-DVC.

AKV will occupy the fifth and sixth floors of AKL. There will also be a new AKV building opening in 2009.

AKV will occupy the fifth and sixth floors of AKL. There will also be a new AKV building opening in 2009.
Will AKV stay on the 5th and 6th floors once the new building opens?

That seems different from other resorts where the DVC part is separate rather than in the same building.

I still think it sounds nice overall... trying to figure out how to talk DH into adding on !!!!:eek:

Will AKV stay on the 5th and 6th floors once the new building opens?

That seems different from other resorts where the DVC part is separate rather than in the same building.

I still think it sounds nice overall... trying to figure out how to talk DH into adding on !!!!:eek:

Yes, the refurbished studio,1 and 2 bedroom units in the AKL will remain DVC after the main vila lodge opens. The new building of AKV will be totall seperate from the AKL and will have it's own check-in, own restaurant (and I am told this will have a savanna view!!), and it's own savanna.

OK, I wonder how they're going to work check-in. I mean, if the separate building is all DVC and it has its own check-in, what about the DVC members who are checking in to stay on the 5th or 6th floor of the AKL? DO they check in where other DVC members do (a different building) or do they check in at the lodge, since that's where they're staying. Inquiring minds are just wondering-actually they probably haven't even figured that out yet.

OK, I wonder how they're going to work check-in. I mean, if the separate building is all DVC and it has its own check-in, what about the DVC members who are checking in to stay on the 5th or 6th floor of the AKL? DO they check in where other DVC members do (a different building) or do they check in at the lodge, since that's where they're staying. Inquiring minds are just wondering-actually they probably haven't even figured that out yet.

Another poster has said , and I agree , that just like the DVC attached to a hotel ( i.e. boardwalk and beach club ) you would just go to the AKL front desk and check in there .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter