• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about alcoholic drinks on quick service and kids.

Susan2771

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4 that will be on the Disney Dining plan. 2 adults, 2 kids, 12 and 13. I am trying to figure out how to word my question. Because our 12 and 13 year old's are on the regular dining plan, does the dining plan when it is swiped at a quick service location, recognize that the 4 people on the dining plan, 2 are adults and 2 are kids? What I am trying to figure out is because the quick service comes with an alcoholic beverage, if myself or my husband go to order the quick service meals for all 4, can either of us then get a total of 4 alcoholic drinks with the 4 quick service meals, and purchase non-alcoholic drinks for the kids out of pocket? Will the 2 other alcoholic drinks be just scanned through as part of the plan, or will we be charged? Ack, I don't know if what I am trying to ask makes sense as I am reading it back. I know my question makes sense in my head but not what I am reading here. I know we can just purchase the non-alcoholic drinks, I was just wondering if the 4 alcohol drinks will pass through or if the system flags that 2 of the users are minors. Hope I am making sense!

The system does not flag them as minors; it will only see you have 4 Disney adults on the plan.

As to whether you can get the 4 alcoholic beverages at a QS restaurant, I say try it and see what happens. If they ask for I.D. for 4 people, then you're out of luck, If they just want 1 or 2 I.D.s, then you're okay. If they don't request I.D. at all.......

The system does not flag them as minors; it will only see you have 4 Disney adults on the plan.

As to whether you can get the 4 alcoholic beverages at a QS restaurant, I say try it and see what happens. If they ask for I.D. for 4 people, then you're out of luck, If they just want 1 or 2 I.D.s, then you're okay. If they don't request I.D. at all.......

Everywhere in Disney I have been where you take drinks to-go they have allowed each ID to pick up 2 drinks, most of the pickup counters at the QS places have little signs that say this, although they sometimes move around or get flipped over. That's not to say the person will always check to ensure that people are only picking up 2 drinks per ID, but I have seen enough of these signs to be pretty confident that it is the policy at these types of to-go places at WDW.

Everywhere in Disney I have been where you take drinks to-go they have allowed each ID to pick up 2 drinks, most of the pickup counters at the QS places have little signs that say this, although they sometimes move around or get flipped over. That's not to say the person will always check to ensure that people are only picking up 2 drinks per ID, but I have seen enough of these signs to be pretty confident that it is the policy at these types of to-go places at WDW.
Interesting. I am not in that situation, but if she and her husband went in separate lines and ordered 2 each, It sounds like they could get 4.

Interesting. I am not in that situation, but if she and her husband went in separate lines and ordered 2 each, It sounds like they could get 4.

I have been able to order 4 drinks at once as long as DH was also there with his ID to pickup the beverages, we haven't had to split orders. I don't use the dining plan usually, nor do I have children, so don't know about the child credit thing, but we have never had an issue with picking up two drinks each. Often, I pick up drinks at a bar to go while DH gets food at a QS, because we don't like the QS drinks, and we have never had an issue over dozens and dozens of times both WDW and DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter