Question about annual pass room discount

LocaRoja

Mouseketeer
Long story short: my niece (5yo) is going to Disney World twice in November (once with each set of grandparents). We plan to get her an annual pass to cover her park entries for both trips.

Now that the annual pass prices for adults and children, could we use her child's annual pass to book a room at the annual passholder discount? I've read that previously you couldn't, but now it seems the pass is the same cost for adults and children?

Else, could I buy an adult annual pass for her and use that for her park entry and annual passholder room discount?

TIA

Now that they cost the same, I guessing you can (I don't know that 100%, but I don't see how they could say otherwise).

I don't know if you can use an adult AP for a child but since both AP's cost the same I would go with an adult AP. Supposedly you cannot use a child's AP to get the room discount but evidently it is up to the CM at checkin to ask to verify the AP but obviously it is not enforced. Unless Disney has changed that policy since the price increase. :confused3

Was it not allowed in the past because a child's AP used to be less expensive or because the AP had to belong to someone old enough to book the room - at least 18? :confused3

Was it not allowed in the past because a child's AP used to be less expensive or because the AP had to belong to someone old enough to book the room - at least 18? :confused3

I think it is probably a combination of both. The problem has always been with the enforcement. It is left up to the CM at checkin to enforce the rule, not with the reservations CM. With todays technology Disney should have a system in place that knows for certain what numbers are child AP passes or exchange certificates & which numbers are adults. Disney is technology challenged when it comes to information between departments. I have thought many times about posting a poll to see how many dis'ers have gotten offers from Disney marketing for someone else.

I think it is probably a combination of both. The problem has always been with the enforcement. It is left up to the CM at checkin to enforce the rule, not with the reservations CM. With todays technology Disney should have a system in place that knows for certain what numbers are child AP passes or exchange certificates & which numbers are adults. Disney is technology challenged when it comes to information between departments. I have thought many times about posting a poll to see how many dis'ers have gotten offers from Disney marketing for someone else.

I have gotten offers for other family members who don't live with me, for people I don't know, and for my dog. Yeah....challenged is a good word, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter