• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about AP's that were able to be renewed

need2travel

DIS Veteran
For those who fit Disney's very specific set of guidelines & were able to renew their AP's is there a limit to the number of times you can go to the parks per week? (Assuming of course that you have booked park passes). A friend of ours said that when she renewed hers she was told by Disney that she can only go to the parks 3X per week. She doesn't live in Florida & is going down for vacation this summer & isn't happy that she can only visit the parks 3X. It just seemed weird so I thought I'd put it to the experts (you guys) & ask.
Thanks!!

The current rule is three active reservations at a time. As soon as you enter a park you can set another reservation. The problem may be getting reservations within a short time period. You could theoretically go 7 days a week if you can get a park reservation. The problem is that there won't be anything available in the next few days after one of your three opens up after you use one.

Edited to add: If you are traveling months in the future, you will only be able to set your first three reservations (unless you are staying onsite, then you can also set reservations for each day of your stay beyond just three. If staying at a non Disney resort (offsite), you will be limited to only three reservations.

Your friend misunderstood. Absent an on-site resort reservation, AP can only book 3 theme park reservations at a time. Depending on availability of theme park reservations, she can certainly try to get another after the 1st day, etc. With an onsite resort reservation, an AP may book for length-of-stay.

She can have 3 park reservations at a time if she's not staying on-site. As soon as she uses 1, she can book another so she can always have 3 days reserved. Now if the park has availability when she tries to book is another topic.

You mention she doesn't live here. Will she be staying on-site?

Thanks everyone for clarifying! She's staying off but it's good to know that she can book another after using one & so on (providing the park has availability). She'll be relieved to hear this, thanks again!!

And she shouldn't just look at the availability calendar -- have her actually try to make a park reservation. The calendar isn't updated in real-time so there could be availability the night prior or morning-of.

Will do, thank you!

I would love to know how they made this decision to choose 3 ...why not 4 ?

I would love to know this, too!

And every indication is that park reservations are here to stay. They are a great tool for Disney, for planning staffing, etc.

I would think that as park capacity is increased, they will not be so difficult to book, except possibly on the most popular holidays. But what about APs? Do you think they will increase the number of days we can book parks? I'd hope so, but I'd love to hear others' thoughts.

I am confused about the 3x per week in regards to also staying on site. If I am doing a split stay, say 3 nights on site and 3 nights off sight, can I book 6 days?

I am confused about the 3x per week in regards to also staying on site. If I am doing a split stay, say 3 nights on site and 3 nights off sight, can I book 6 days?
There is nothing per week. It is simply that an AP holder can hole three reservations at any given time. That can be one this week, one next month and another the month after that. Or all three for the same week or one a week for three weeks in a row.

As for your example, yes, you can hold six reservations.

Yes the on-site days will come from the resort pool of park reservations and the off site from your AP pool.

There is nothing per week. It is simply that an AP holder can hole three reservations at any given time. That can be one this week, one next month and another the month after that. Or all three for the same week or one a week for three weeks in a row.

As for your example, yes, you can hold six reservations.

Actually, you can hold 7. For the on site stay, you can book arrival day through departure day from the resort pool of park reservations. You can book 3 additional days from the AP pool. My only suggestion is to book park reservations for the offsite stay first and then add your onsite stay. There were earlier reports of not being able to book AP reservations around a resort stay. I don’t know if Disney fixed it or if it requires calling in.

Question- what is the penalty for no showing or late cancelling for AP holders? We have park reservations for arrival day but if there is a massive flight delay we might arrive too late.
Can I cancel same day or is that considered a no show? Are we taking a risk by booking a park reservation on arrival day in terms of penalty for missing a reservation?

I swear I read something about this but can’t find it!

thanks!

Question- what is the penalty for no showing or late cancelling for AP holders? We have park reservations for arrival day but if there is a massive flight delay we might arrive too late.
Can I cancel same day or is that considered a no show? Are we taking a risk by booking a park reservation on arrival day in terms of penalty for missing a reservation?

I swear I read something about this but can’t find it!

thanks!
Nope, no penalty, no worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter