Question about big groups 7 or more and ADRs

TAngel84

Earning My Ears
I am in the process of planning my family's trip to Disney World. As I was looking into pricing and just to see what is available for CRT it gave me 3 different times for CRT for a party of 6 but when I put a party of 7 it said nothing available. I am wondering if there is a maximum party size for ADRs and what is the best way around this. 1 member of the party will be only around 18months old at the time so I know payment is not an issue but my understanding is that she will still need to be included in the reservation party size.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I got a reservation for CRT breakfast for 9 without any problem booking at 180 days out. I checked both my MK days and the first one (180+2) gave me a few options, but all were after park opening. Then I checked my last day (180+5) and got a pre-park opening at 8:05.

Ok....so it is possible to get a large reservation then. Ok. I will keep checking. Thank you.

7 is not a particularly large party at Disney. I booked an entire week of dining for a party of 7-11 no problems and changed some of the reservations up to about a month out.

the problem may be WHEN and WHERE you want reservations.

for instance, there are not many tables that can seat a party that size at Coral Reef. when we had reservations there, we, as a party of 2 were seated within 15 minutes of checking in. but the party of 8 who threw a conniption fit when we were called had been waiting over an hour. past their ADR time.

we noticed that the two large booths near our table were..to put it politely..rushed and hovered over and when the party left was cleaned before the last person slid out from the booth. as in the space of time we were sat, ate and enjoyed dessert at our 2 top, one booth was turned over twice( 3 sets of diners) and the other booth turned over once. and the two 2 tops in our immediate vicinity sat unloved and untuned over.

I had no problems booking parties of 9 for our upcoming trip. I did call for CRT.

We had a party of 13. We also ate at CRT but what we did was book 2 separate reservations that were 5 minutes apart in time. We all showed up together and they seated us next to each other. We also ate at Canada and had 3 different reservations and did the same thing. It worked for us. I had trouble finding a table for 13 so I split us up. Not sure if that's an option for you.

I had challenges with a party of 8 so not sure how everyone else had an easy breezy time with parties of 9 or more. Glad it worked for some but my options were pretty limited. I had to book very early and luckily it was at lower demand venues like Sanaa and Jiko that I was looking for. One reservation I had to do the 4 people + 4 people as 2 reservations at similar times to make it work, so you might want to try a reservation for 4 plus a reservation for 3. Might open up some more options for you - just a thought.

We had a group of 7, and did not have difficulties getting reservations. When I added last-minute a reservation at Whispering Canyon, they did split us into two groups for the reservation (4 and 3) so that we could get the time we wanted, but then sat us together when we arrived at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter