Question about Boma

kayrosek

DIS Veteran
I'm curious does anybody know if the butternut squash soup has cinnamon? Any other cinnamon dishes you know of particularly vegetarian ones? I am deathly allergic to cinnamon (among other things) and was just curious if Boma Dinner will be worth it for me. I know I can get a chef to walk me through when we get there but I'm less than patient lol

I looked up the recipe card and it does have some, I would still get with a chef because cinnamon isn't one of the big common allergies and they may not be as careful with cross contamination for that as some other things.

Off the top of my head maybe the bread pudding has some cinnamon but I would be careful with the BBQ rubbed things/stews too because there could be trace amounts in those (the chefs will know).

Last edited:
We just ate there last week. The butternut squash soup definitely has cinnamon. There was another savory dish that had cinnamon, but I can't remember what it was. Cinnamon is a common spice in North African cuisine. If you go, you should get with the chef. There's also a rub on the beef and that might have cinnamon as well.

Definitely get the chef. Boma is going to be a challenge for a cinnamon allergy.

Deathly allergic and Boma seems like a poor match. Suggest instead doing Jiko/Sanaa/Tusker House where you will have better peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter