Question about bringing alcohol on board

How does everyone carry their wine on board? We will be bringing 4 bottles of wine, but are only hoping to carry on one small roller bag. Has that worked for you before?

4 bottles with some clothing to stop them knocking into one another has worked just fine for us in the past.

How does everyone carry their wine on board? We will be bringing 4 bottles of wine, but are only hoping to carry on one small roller bag. Has that worked for you before?
Do you mean one carry-on for two people and no checked bags? Light packer?

I found these Jet Bags on Amazon that help me feel more secure in carrying around bags of wine. They have absorbent cloths that are supposed to soak up a bottle of wine's worth of liquid. As someone who had a flask of rum spill on my dress on a trip to visit my family a few years ago the Jet Bags are now a must have. (The dress was fine it just had a slight boozy smell for the graduation).

I found these Jet Bags on Amazon that help me feel more secure in carrying around bags of wine. They have absorbent cloths that are supposed to soak up a bottle of wine's worth of liquid. As someone who had a flask of rum spill on my dress on a trip to visit my family a few years ago the Jet Bags are now a must have. (The dress was fine it just had a slight boozy smell for the graduation).
I second this suggestion: these jet bags are great, even when putting in checked luggage (with good padding/packing!).

Sometimes we've used a small roller bag. Otherwise we've just carried in a bag/tote; I usually put one or two bottles in my backpack (that I'm already carrying on).

I just don't understand this policy. Bringing wine onboard when they offer wine packages only? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Selection for us. Often what's available in the package isn't what we want to drink. Also, there's a markup in the wine package that's only worth paying (imo) if you were going to be drinking your wine in the dining room and paying the corkage anyway.

For what it's worth, on one of our Disney cruises they did not allow us to put all four wine bottles in one carry-on; they made us put two each in separate carry-ons. This has not been the case on our other cruises, and the one instance was in Vancouver, so I figure it's just an instance of the port employees being perhaps a bit too stringent on the 'two bottles per person' rule, but just a heads-up that it can happen, in case you are only having one carry-on bag for your party.

For what it's worth, on one of our Disney cruises they did not allow us to put all four wine bottles in one carry-on; they made us put two each in separate carry-ons. This has not been the case on our other cruises, and the one instance was in Vancouver, so I figure it's just an instance of the port employees being perhaps a bit too stringent on the 'two bottles per person' rule, but just a heads-up that it can happen, in case you are only having one carry-on bag for your party.
Yes, anecdotally, enforcement of this policy has been stricter (or at least, had a stricter interpretation) at other ports than Port Canaveral. So not super surprising they made you spit it in Vancouver. It's also dependent on who is working and how they interpret it, as you noted.

Selection for us. Often what's available in the package isn't what we want to drink. Also, there's a markup in the wine package that's only worth paying (imo) if you were going to be drinking your wine in the dining room and paying the corkage anyway.
while I understand this, I guess my point is if you dislike wine...maybe you're a whiskey drinker ....you can't bring that on board to consume in your room. There is no option for you other than over paying for drinks from a bar. Wine drinkers have options. Doesn't seem fair is my point.🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter