Question about changes to park open times

BarbMike821

Painting the Roses Red
I know that Disney sometimes changes their park open hours in the summer from 9 AM to 8 AM without much notice beyond morning magic hours. Often this irritates people who purposely get an advanced dining reservation at 8 AM on the day were a park opens at 9.

Does anyone know the trend for making those changes? How far advanced are they changed? Are they even publicized on the website?

I ask because this morning we booked our dining reservations. And on two separate days I grabbed a table at BE Our Guest for 8 AM Before the park opens so we can jump inline for 7 Dwarves Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight. However I want to make sure to cancel one of the two reservations with plenty of notice.

Is it something they change the month of? The week of? Heck even the day before?

I know that Disney sometimes changes their park open hours in the summer from 9 AM to 8 AM without much notice beyond morning magic hours. Often this irritates people who purposely get an advanced dining reservation at 8 AM on the day were a park opens at 9.

Does anyone know the trend for making those changes? How far advanced are they changed? Are they even publicized on the website?

I ask because this morning we booked our dining reservations. And on two separate days I grabbed a table at BE Our Guest for 8 AM Before the park opens so we can jump inline for 7 Dwarves Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight. However I want to make sure to cancel one of the two reservations with plenty of notice.

Is it something they change the month of? The week of? Heck even the day before?

No trend.
No set advance date of making a change.
No set parks involved.
No set dates of the changed times.
The exception is that if guests are visiting during high-volume
holiday dates, expect the opening times of select parks (yes, MK, for sure) to
be moved up for both AM EMH and regular hours.

It is actually becoming a very shaky plan to book PPO breakfasts primarily to "beat the crowds."

Your best bet is to look for days that offer Early Morning Magic. They don't change those openings, but an EMM day at least partially negates the ride benefits of the PPO, but you still can be closer to the front of the line when the park opens.

Generally they update hours about 3-6 weeks in advance.
I always tell people if the reason for your PPO at BOG is to get in line for rides then don't do it because you'll be very upset if they extend hours.
If you want a PPO I'd suggest Epcot as hours are rarely extended to 8am there.

Yes.

And for evening hours even the day of is possible, although at least that doesn’t generally impact your planning.

I’d keep the ADRs but also keep checking park hours so you know for sure—the website should show if there’s been a change, and you can cancel the night before if you lose the advantage. (Also if you have a TP subscription they will send out an email...I got three in a very short time span for AK last year, the hours kept changing!.)

Do keep in mind that early ride access is not guaranteed, either. I think it’s still happening most days, but apparently some days they are holding everyone back until the rope drop crowd is let in.

I've booked BOG PPO before and was concerned about the same thing. I looked up historical park hours for the same week for two years prior and took my chances. It worked out, but I considered myself lucky. We were able to ride 7DMT twice without wait. With the new pricing for BOG breakfast I don't think I'll do it again.

The only things Disney guarantees is 1, you will spend a lot of money and 2, it will be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter