question about code/pin#

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
I called and made a reservation at POR and I was hoping they would mention that I had a code next to my name but they didnt, now I am wondering if I should have specifically asked if I did or would they have noticed when they pulled up my information?

You have to ask specifically. I made reservations for the poly and was never told I had a pin, until I called to add a specific request to my reservation and asked the CM very specifically if I had any codes attached to my name/address she then was happy to check for me and low and behold I had a pin good for about 40% off. :cool1: Call back tell them you have already made a reservation so it really doesn't matter but you were just wondering if by chance you had a pin attached to your name. You might mention that you thought you had received a post card but have misplaced it and see what they say. Good luck keep us posted.

Tina

Thanks, I'll plan to give them a call and ask. I just assumed they would tell me when I made my reservation but after I hung up I started to wonder if I should have asked.

Nope you definately have to ask, they won't offer you a discount unless you ask specifically, I guess they figure if they can get you to pay rack rate then why not. I can only imagine how many people make reservations and never think or know to ask and wind up paying rack rate when they don't have to, but hey that's business. Good luck I hope you have a code.

Tina

That's exactly what I did today - called and asked if we had a code by our name. We already have reservations and I told the CM that I had forgotten to check to see if we had a code when I called before. She said there was nothing showing with our current reservation, but she looked up our name in the system and we had one!!! I couldn't believe it! She got everything changed for us and we've got POR for $79 a night. I would never have known anything about asking for a code were it not for this board - it's an absolute treasure trove of information!

Am I doing something wrong? :confused3

I have called several times (we have a tentative res. for CR last week in Sept., but might rent pts. for BWV - have until the 12th to pay the 200.00 dep.) and every time the CM tells me that they have no way of checking - that it is all done through their marketing dept, so they don't know when codes go out to indiv, and if they did go out, they don't list the codes. How do they not know what is going on, and how do I (politely, yet FIRMLY) tell them to check again? Or do I just keep calling until I get someone who actually knows what they are doing? :rolleyes2

Has anyone else ever gotten this?

mookie said:
Am I doing something wrong? :confused3

I have called several times (we have a tentative res. for CR last week in Sept., but might rent pts. for BWV - have until the 12th to pay the 200.00 dep.) and every time the CM tells me that they have no way of checking - that it is all done through their marketing dept, so they don't know when codes go out to indiv, and if they did go out, they don't list the codes.
Has anyone else ever gotten this?

Yes, I got this same response, and figured I just wasn't asking the right question or something. I really almost wish I didn't know these PIN codes were out there for others because it makes me feel I'm being taken advantage of in paying the higher rate. :confused3

Mookie and Mareed,
Perhaps it is because your reservations are past the dates of the current pin codes? I believe most of the people talking about codes hold reservations from now to the very beginning of July. Nothing would be available for Sept.

Just an FYI, but I don't have a code by my name either and we are visiting in June. :sad2:

I called back to see if we had a pin# next to our name, I just explained that I forgot to ask when I made the reservation and the cm that I spoke with said he would check. I only waited for a minute or two while he checked and when he came back he said there was no pin# for us for our current reservation. After I hung up I thought about it and I felt the way he phrased it was strange so now I'm wondering if he understood what I wanted him to look for, he seemed to understand in the beginning of our conversation. Another thing he said was that the e-mail codes were usually only good for a month and I still had time to receive one before our trip in June.

Joyfulsnuff said:
I called back to see if we had a pin# next to our name, I just explained that I forgot to ask when I made the reservation and the cm that I spoke with said he would check. I only waited for a minute or two while he checked and when he came back he said there was no pin# for us for our current reservation. After I hung up I thought about it and I felt the way he phrased it was strange so now I'm wondering if he understood what I wanted him to look for, he seemed to understand in the beginning of our conversation. Another thing he said was that the e-mail codes were usually only good for a month and I still had time to receive one before our trip in June.

There were some just for April, but there are also pins for dates through 7/4.

If you wanted, you could call back and ask the CM to check your name in the system and not your reservation. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter