Question about crowds before/after a run weekend?

riversend22

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I have some family coming into town the week of the Run Disney Princess half marathon. We had wanted to visit Epcot while they are here but I just found out about the princess run and am now curious about crowds. Are the days leading up to the run weekend usually more busy or the days after? We will either head to Epcot on the Thursday before the race, or the Monday/Tuesday right after. Any recommendations on which would be better crowd wise? Thanks!

Hey all! I have some family coming into town the week of the Run Disney Princess half marathon. We had wanted to visit Epcot while they are here but I just found out about the princess run and am now curious about crowds. Are the days leading up to the run weekend usually more busy or the days after? We will either head to Epcot on the Thursday before the race, or the Monday/Tuesday right after. Any recommendations on which would be better crowd wise? Thanks!

The New England states are also on winter break the week leading up to Princess Weekend. I think that week is also Mardi Gras week where some southern schools are on break. Not 100% sure on that.

The week following Princess should be quieter. It’s hard telling these days….

The New England states are also on winter break the week leading up to Princess Weekend. I think that week is also Mardi Gras week where some southern schools are on break. Not 100% sure on that.

The week following Princess should be quieter. It’s hard telling these days….
Yep Mardi Gras basically lines up right around Princess this year.

as long as you are avoiding the two weekend days, it won't make much difference. With FARTS going on, more locals hit Epcot on the weekend. Some runners come in early and do a longer vacation, some stay after the races and do a vacation then. Some like to do medal pictures on the Monday after. None of this really impacts park crowds, as the young poster above said -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter