Question about dining plan and moving reservation

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, for May, I rented points for 3 nights bay lake, 4 nights Saratoga. For Saratoga, I purchased the dining plan. I’ve rented with this gentleman several times, and if it can be done, I don’t think he’d mind-what we were thinking of changing dates to August, I’m thinking as long as there is availability switching reservations could be done, it my concern is the dining plan. How does that work? Could I use that towards my new reservation, or does it get canceled? Thanks for your help!
I realize points might be different, it’s really the dining plan I’m concerned about, thanks!

My understanding is that if that reservation is cancelled, the dining plan would also be cancelled. If he rebooks you to a different date, he should be able to easily add the dining plan again and it would cost you the same.

Ok that makes sense, thanks. Sounds like it’s not too complicated. He’s such a nice guy, just want to make it easy for him.

Ok that makes sense, thanks. Sounds like it’s not too complicated. He’s such a nice guy, just want to make it easy for him.
How complicated it is depends on availability, use year, & the status of the points used for the booking.
A lot of renters don’t understand the complexity of moving a DVC reservation. In addition to availability (not likely to be a problem in August at SSR) there’s the issue of expiring points & whether banked/borrowed points are in play.
Do you know your owner’s use year? He may be unable to move a May booking to August if his use year is June or August because the points he used for a May booking will expire on May 31 (June use year) or July 31 (August use year.) You’re early enough that any current points could be banked into next year (must be done in first 8 months of use year) but if he’s used banked or borrowed points those are stuck in the use year banked/borrowed to & cannot be used for an August booking.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter