Question about Disney Visa discount for some restaurants

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
This will be the first time I will be utilizing some of the discounts that come with a Disney Visa. For the restaurants that offer discounts, do you need to tell your server ahead of time or do you get the discount automatically when you pay using the card?

Kind of along the same line but is there a list anywhere if places we can get a discount?

We ate at Boma and Jungle Skipper last week. I put my Disney Visa in the little folder with the bill and both times the discount was applied without having to ask for it.

I ask every place every time. Passholder discount? Disney Visa discount?

Also I wouldn't assume they'll automatically put the discount so I would mention it beforehand.

I would always mention the discount just to be safe. At Boatwright's in July I didn't say anything. My server still took the discount off, but made a point to suggest I always mention it because it's not always automatically applied.

I have had mixed experiences when forgetting to tell our server about the discount, so now I just make sure I remind them when they take my card for the bill.

we ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Gave the server a Disney Visa rewards card and a Disney Gift Card to pay the bill. Server applied the DVisa discount; did not expect that as I was not using the credit card. Discount was over $30.00.

we ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Gave the server a Disney Visa rewards card and a Disney Gift Card to pay the bill. Server applied the DVisa discount; did not expect that as I was not using the credit card. Discount was over $30.00.

I think that the rewards card is also eligible to use the visa discount maybe in some instances?

During our trip at the end of May, I had redeemed and gotten 2 rewards cards to give to the 2 children in our party. My mom took them to use some of their cards at World of Disney and the cashier had given them the visa discount for the total and told them that the card was included for the discount or something.

I don’t necessarily know what it really applies to as I was surprised about that when she had told me later since I also didn’t expect anything like that. I don’t really know if it would apply to every situation, either.

I think that the rewards card is also eligible to use the visa discount maybe in some instances?
My experience has been that the Disney Rewards card gets the discount just like if you were using your Disney Visa to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter