Question about Dragons

EUROPA

DIS Veteran
I understand that the two sides come as close as 1 foot apart from each other. How does the engeneering take into account for really tall people who maybe have legs that are a foot or more longer than the standard guest. Is it something as simple as that the really tall people will not even fit in the seats therefore can't ride ? Or is that Foot is maybe really two feet or more?

I'm sure it's more that a foot, for safety reasons, but , visually, I think it feels like 2 inches !!!

The legs on a person shouldn't matter since they are dangling below the seat. The persons upper body would matter however. If I remember correctly, the distance between the two cars is actually 3ft. Maybe CosterFev or IOATech can shed some light on this.
ADP

Show me a person with 4' long shins, and I'll definitely admit we may have a problem seating him/her on the ride. I believe the height of a person with 4' shin bones is something like 12'.

Most of us will measure up just fine.

I figured that the person would have to be a pretty abnormal.

I'm only 5'6 I've compared my height to several other taller people before. In each case my upper body was about the same lenght(height) as the other. The portion that made up the difference was from the knee's to the feet.

I wonder if this is the case for most people?

Anyway. I was thinking more along the lines of Basketball players in the 7' range. I would be willing to guess that they might be able to push the limit. There are a couple of guys out there who appear to be freakishly long in the shin bone area.

I know not a major concern. Still makes me wonder.

If you see Shack get on ICE and your on Fire, I would wait for the next ride. I'd hate to have that guy's leg hit me at 60+ mph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter