Question about EMH at Animal Kingdom

bellecee

Earning My Ears
Hey Guys,

I'll be at Animal Kingdom on Saturday 6th April and they have EMH between 8am-9am.
I've never been before so I don't know how long each ride will take and how long it will take to walk between each attraction so I was just wondering if you guys could help me out a little.
Is it possible to get all 4 of these attractions done before the park opens or should I FP 1 of these for after our breakfast reservation which is at 9:50am.

- Navi River Journey
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Minnie and Mickey together at Adventurer’s Outpost
- Expedition Everest

Hey Guys,

I'll be at Animal Kingdom on Saturday 6th April and they have EMH between 8am-9am.
I've never been before so I don't know how long each ride will take and how long it will take to walk between each attraction so I was just wondering if you guys could help me out a little.
1. Is it possible to get all 4 of these attractions done before the park opens
2. or should I FP 1 of these for after our breakfast reservation which is at 9:50am.

- Navi River Journey
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Minnie and Mickey together at Adventurer’s Outpost
- Expedition Everest

1. Nope.
Safari, once boarded, takes about 23-30 min.
I don't know if Minnie & Mickey meet is even open for AM EMH.
Sometimes Expedition Everest and/or Safari may not be open at the start of AM EMH, but may open 10-20 min., or so, later.

Navi should be no problem. (Sad to say, it's not much of a ride. Zero story. Zero.)
So, start there.

I agree with Robo that you can’t do them all in an hour. That being said, I believe you could easily do them all before your 9:50 breakfast reservation (assuming Safari opens before the actual park opening - we were there last May and during an early extra magic morning and Safari didn’t open until the rest of the park did.)

If I had to plan it I think I would do; NRJ first (love this ride, extremely peaceful and beautiful, and shouldn't take long at all, 5/6 min once on), then Everest (that'll wake you up! And, once on it, it is about a 4 min ride), then Safari (early morning is a great time to go on this ride, takes around 23 min. once on). If there is a FP for the Mickey/Minnie meet, I'd do that (I've not ever done this one before, so can't offer tips really). I looked up your Saturday and it shows all 3 rides open during EMH. Also, I'd still try to get to the park around 15/20 min before rope drop, and of course keep an eye on the time while you go from ride to ride.

As for walking it, you will have to hike pretty far and your choice is to either go to Everest second or third. If you do Everest second then you will have to hike across the park from Pandora to Everest, then to Safari, which is close to Tusker House (that is where you are eating?). Or if you do Safari second you would have to walk across the park to Everest then back over by Safari to eat at Tusker. How quick you get somewhere obviously depends on how fast you hike.

Yes, I echo all of the advice on this page. Should be doable, noting that the Safari opens when the park opens. I would definitely do Navi first because ppl tend to mad rush to Flight of Passage and then ride Navi after they get off FOP so if EMH is 8am, but 8:15/8:20, Navi will already have a decent wait time. Don't be discouraged when you see the crush of people heading to FOP. Everyone entering Pandora (and lining up 45 min to 1 hr before the 8am rope drop) will hang right for FOP leaving you to meander at your own pace (and take photos of the absolutely beautiful scenery) to Navi.

Should be doable, noting that the Safari opens when the park opens.
That falls under the category of "variable" depending on the date of the DAK visit.

Sometimes (often?) Safari opens during AM EMH.
Depends on a number of factors (weather, etc.)
So, be sure to check for your date(s,) even while you are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter