Question about FW cabin bunk beds

SherriA1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed (or is currently staying) in a refurbed cabin at Fort Wilderness and can answer a question about the bunk beds? I'm wondering if the mattress on the lower bunk is easily removable, like it would be from a regular bed. My two-year-old daughter has never slept in a bed that is off of the floor (she has a floor bed at home), and if she is unwilling to sleep in the lower bunk, I want to make sure I have the back-up option of just moving the mattress on to the floor somewhere each night, like in the living room. I could bring her inflatable air mattress as a backup option, but we are flying, and it is bulky to pack, so I would prefer not to bring it if I don't need to. TIA.

We haven't stayed in one since the refurb so I can't help but you might want to post this on the camping board. There are some REALLY knowledgeable people there and very friendly too!

Has anyone stayed (or is currently staying) in a refurbed cabin at Fort Wilderness and can answer a question about the bunk beds? I'm wondering if the mattress on the lower bunk is easily removable, like it would be from a regular bed. My two-year-old daughter has never slept in a bed that is off of the floor (she has a floor bed at home), and if she is unwilling to sleep in the lower bunk, I want to make sure I have the back-up option of just moving the mattress on to the floor somewhere each night, like in the living room. I could bring her inflatable air mattress as a backup option, but we are flying, and it is bulky to pack, so I would prefer not to bring it if I don't need to. TIA.
I have lifted them up in two different cabins we have stayed in at FW to check for bedbugs and (never found any) do not remember it being a problem. If she doesn't like the bunk she could try the sleeper sofa and let her choose which she prefers. Less work for you dragging it down the hall or having to step over it in the living area/kitchen.

Our two-year-old slept in the bottom of the pack-n-play while in the bunkroom - is that an option for your toddler? We put it next to the bunkbed, so that she could climb out onto the bed instead of dropping down to the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter