Question about getting 2nd room for older kids

ScrampShopper

Mouseketeer
Friend wants to take her kids to Universal (most likely stay at Portafino club). She will be only parent with her 5 kids and wants to have 2 rooms. Her oldest is 18, can she have a room for the 18, 17, and 14 year olds. Rules say must be 21 to check in, so can mom check in for both rooms?

Friend wants to take her kids to Universal (most likely stay at Portafino club). She will be only parent with her 5 kids and wants to have 2 rooms. Her oldest is 18, can she have a room for the 18, 17, and 14 year olds. Rules say must be 21 to check in, so can mom check in for both rooms?
According to their hotel policy no. It states on their website policies in addition to the 21 and older check in "There must be at least one person in the reserved room who is 21 years of age or older."

What she needs to do is get a room that accommodates at least 5. The 18 year old will be counted as an adult but is not considered eligible to get their own room. There are 2 bedroom suites available where 1 room is off on its own with 1 bed and in the common area are 2 beds.

Thank you, I was afraid of that. 2 bedroom suites cost a whole lot more than 2 rooms!!
That might depend on the resort and when you're going

I randomly priced out for 2/24-2/25/23 and for Dockside in 2 rooms with 1 having 1 adult the other having 1 adult 3 children it was $515.26. However for that same time period same resort a 2 bedroom suite with 2 adults and 3 children was $325.13. In this case quite a bit cheaper to do a 2 bedroom suite. Pricing would depend on what hotel, when you are staying, etc.

Not willing to do spring break without unlimited express passes so options are limited to the top three hotels. Most likely, we’ll go with one room for 5 with rollaway bed and one kid in my room!

Do the 1 bedroom portofino suites, if available.

Its basically 2 rooms connected, one has a sleeper sofa, and one has 2 queens. They can fit 6 people - no problem.

Significantly cheaper than all the other suites (deluxe anyway) on any of the 3 deluxe properties.

As an added bonus, I believe they are all in the building closest to the boat launch, so less walking to and from!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter