Question About ILL and LL

tlady

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is redundant but I haven't been able to find the info I need. I have a few questions:
1. At 7am can I reserve a LL AND pay for an ILL so that I have both reserved, though with 2 different ride entry times?
2. Can I only hold 1 LL reservation at a time each day, until I either use it, it expires or the 2 hour rule comes into play?

1. No. ILL$ rides only have the option to either purchase an ILL$ or, ride standby by waiting in line.
2. There are many variations and 'rules'. It's best to check out this post in the Everything Genie thread. The posts on page 1 explain in great detail how G+ and ILL$ work. There are many variations to how LL can be used/modified/booked so we summarized the information in one place.

If you are asking about Virtual queue attractions (Tron - MK and Guardians - Epcot) those are different. How those work are explained in the posts on page 1 of the Everything Virtual Queue thread.

If you still have questions after reading there, please feel free to ask here or, in those individual threads. Sadly there is A LOT of information about how these work so it's not easy to provide a quick answer to your questions.

Sorry if this is redundant but I haven't been able to find the info I need. I have a few questions:
1. At 7am can I reserve a LL AND pay for an ILL so that I have both reserved, though with 2 different ride entry times?
2. Can I only hold 1 LL reservation at a time each day, until I either use it, it expires or the 2 hour rule comes into play?
There are no attractions that offer both a Genie+ LL and an Individual Lightning Lane (ILL). It is possible to both book a Genie+ LL and buy an ILL at 7:00. They would have to be for different attractions.

You can have more than one Genie+ LL booked at the same time. This is called stacking. It is usually done by using the 2-hour rule to book another before your previous one(s) has/have been used or expired.

I suggest you read the first nine posts of the Everything Genie thread, as suggested by the prior poster.

Edit: It is possible to book a VQ and buy an ILL for the same attraction and to do both at 7:00.
Edit 2: When I say you can buy an ILL at 7:00, I am assuming you are staying onsite. Those staying offsite cannot buy ILLs until park opening.

Last edited:
You can pick a genie + ride at seven and you can also purchase two different individual lightning lanes rides. If you are park hopping you can get one at your first park and one for the second park. We do this and know that we have the popular rides taken care of and then start stacking genie + rides either after using them or at the 2 hour time frame

Last edited:

There are no attractions that offer both a Genie+ LL and an Individual Lightning Lane (ILL). It is possible to both book a Genie+ LL and buy an ILL at 7:00. They would have to be for different attractions.

You can have more than one Genie+ LL booked at the same time. This is called stacking. It is usually done by using the 2-hour rule to book another before your previous one(s) has/have been used or expired.

I suggest you read the first nine posts of the Everything Genie thread, as suggested by the prior poster.

Edit: It is possible to book a VQ and buy an ILL for the same attraction and to do both at 7:00.
Edit 2: When I say you can buy an ILL at 7:00, I am assuming you are staying onsite. Those staying offsite cannot buy ILLs until park opening.
Thanks. I did read the first 9 posts but my specific concern was not answered. I was trying to determine if WDW considers an ILL booking to be just another LL booking, thereby preventing you from booking both at 7am. I later scrolled thru seversl pages of questions and found one that asked exactly what I was asking. The answer was clear and took care of my concern. I do realize that ILL and LL have to be booked for different attractions. We are staying on site so we'll be booking at 7am. I do find it weird that 2 ILLs can be booked on the same day, since 3 of the 4 parks only offer 1 ILL ride and it's my understanding you can't use ILL for the same ride more than once a day. Only exception is MK with 2 ILL rides. So unless you park hop, the two ILL ride option is useless.

ILL are separate from LL so you can book one and then the other at 7am. You can also try for a VQ at 7am too.

Thanks. I did read the first 9 posts but my specific concern was not answered. I was trying to determine if WDW considers an ILL booking to be just another LL booking, thereby preventing you from booking both at 7am. I later scrolled thru seversl pages of questions and found one that asked exactly what I was asking. The answer was clear and took care of my concern. I do realize that ILL and LL have to be booked for different attractions. We are staying on site so we'll be booking at 7am. I do find it weird that 2 ILLs can be booked on the same day, since 3 of the 4 parks only offer 1 ILL ride and it's my understanding you can't use ILL for the same ride more than once a day. Only exception is MK with 2 ILL rides. So unless you park hop, the two ILL ride option is useless.
Correct about booking the 2 ILL$ per day but many have park hopper or AP tickets so this option is available for those guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter