Question about kids at Ohana

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
We've booked ADR's for our upcoming trip with my 5 year old niece who hardly eats anything EVER. Would it be okay to feed her before hand instead of paying $33 for her to lick on a chicken wing? lol Will they allow her to sit there and color and not eat?

Sorry, they will allow her to sit there, color, and not eat, but you will still have to pay for the privilege.

As PP said, they do have some kid type food they will bring to the table if you ask for it.

You'll still have to pay just for her to be there. I believe they'll bring out chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, and maybe french fries for kids, and a brownie for dessert.

Look at the Kona Kids menu. That's where the kid-friendly food is from. See if there's enough choice to make 'Ohana worthwhile for her. If not, you might need to rethink it

I don't know if these are the answers because things have changed but on one trip in October 2015 we had a dinner reservation for myself, my husband, and our 3.5 year old. He fell asleep in his stroller and I was pregnant and not feeling great and told the waiter I was literally not going to have a bite of food. My husband had to sit and eat by himself but they only charged us for him lol

Unfortunately, you'll have to pay. As others have mentioned, they will offer a variety of options to appease most kids. In the past, my girls were offered nuggets, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, etc. They were also offered a different dessert. We haven't been in a while, but they used to offer leis and have fun activities for the kids, such as coconut broom races, Hawaiian dances, etc. It was a fun experience for the whole family!

We've booked ADR's for our upcoming trip with my 5 year old niece who hardly eats anything EVER. Would it be okay to feed her before hand instead of paying $33 for her to lick on a chicken wing? lol Will they allow her to sit there and color and not eat?
she can sit and color but you will still have to pay for her. been a couple of years but they did bring kids stuff from next door but still the same price as Ohana

Wow! Thanks everyone! I might have to rethink this one. I might jerk my hair out if we go and I hear, "How many bites do I have to take?" lol She's not a picky eater at all, she would enjoy all of the food it's just that 9 times out of 10 she will take a bite or two and just play in it. I could understand if it were a character meal or something but dang! Aww man this is a tough call. It's my favorite restaurant....maybe I'll just starve her all day haha!

Wow! Thanks everyone! I might have to rethink this one. I might jerk my hair out if we go and I hear, "How many bites do I have to take?" lol She's not a picky eater at all, she would enjoy all of the food it's just that 9 times out of 10 she will take a bite or two and just play in it. I could understand if it were a character meal or something but dang! Aww man this is a tough call. It's my favorite restaurant....maybe I'll just starve her all day haha!
It does stink in this case, but its because of the way they serve the meal. Most AYCTE family style meals have this policy because they aren't serving individual portions, but serving the table.

Our younger daughter is very picky and I found our server went way out of his way to accommodate her. Ultimately they brought her a big plate of noodles. She loved it and loved being part of the massive feast going on. And for dessert they brought her a big bowl of ice cream, which she loved as well. Maybe it was a one-time thing or we got a particularly helpful server but, as someone who is always aware of our kids' "limitations" at meal time, it was an incredibly relaxing and rewarding dinner.

I would think, based on our past experience, that if your niece doesn't like something, they will try different dishes or foods that she might like.

Our younger daughter is very picky and I found our server went way out of his way to accommodate her. Ultimately they brought her a big plate of noodles. She loved it and loved being part of the massive feast going on. And for dessert they brought her a big bowl of ice cream, which she loved as well. Maybe it was a one-time thing or we got a particularly helpful server but, as someone who is always aware of our kids' "limitations" at meal time, it was an incredibly relaxing and rewarding dinner.

I would think, based on our past experience, that if your niece doesn't like something, they will try different dishes or foods that she might like.
It's not that she is picky. She loves all kinds of foods but she just takes a few bites and that's it. She just never seems to get hungry like the rest of us. lol She's string bean skinny. I didn't want to pay over $30 for her to ask me how many bites she has to take. lol

It's not that she is picky. She loves all kinds of foods but she just takes a few bites and that's it. She just never seems to get hungry like the rest of us. lol She's string bean skinny. I didn't want to pay over $30 for her to ask me how many bites she has to take. lol
at any all you care to eat places and that is most character meals also you will pay no matter how much or little you eat. know this is not what you wanted to hear but it is that way. even if you bring her food in she is charged when she comes in with your group. it is going to be your call if you want to eat there. we were in the same situation a few years ago with granddaughter who was/still is very picky. her parents plus rest of group all wanted to eat there so we went and paid the price for her to eat a bowl of mac and cheese. at least everyone was happy so we paid and enjoyed our meal

'Ohana is not really that good anyway. If you decide to cancel you're not missing anything. I think with a light eating kid, a-la carte meals are better options. I have triplets and my two girls, even at 10 years old really don't eat that much. Having to pay for all of them as Disney adults last year was a real eye opener. At least our son has a big appetite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter