Question about matching shirts

MommyofaPrincess2010

Earning My Ears
We are leaving for our trip on Oct 31st and will be there for my DD's 5th birthday. We have BBB and CRT reservations on her birthday. I want to do matching shirts for me, my hubby, and mamaw and papaw on that day saying something like, "We're with the Birthday Princess" on the front and Mom, Dad, etc and the number 5 on the back. Because we were lucky enough to get the first appt at BBB, DD won't need a shirt for this day (although she will have others like "first Disney trip"). My question becomes, how have you guys done matching shirts? I have a shirt for each of us and I bought some fabric paint and markers. Should I be looking at printing companies around me to see what they can do, or does the fabric marker look okay on the shirts? I had to do a lot of talking to get my parents to agree to wear matching shirts, so I want them to look nice so they will actually wear them on the day, LOL!
What does everyone think? I guess I'm just not sure which way to go with the design. Help please!!!!

Hello/ we are also leaving on October 31st and we are going for our daughters 5th birthday and have BBB first thing for her bday :) her bday is November 3rd. just thought that was funny! But I ordered iron on letters from etsy they were around 5$ and worked out really good, you can personalize them to say whatever you want and they can have muckey or minnie head if you want. They also can be cheaper if you buy the paper and print it at home, the seller on etsy will just email you the personalized image for a couple of dollars.

OMG, that's too funny!! My DD'S birthday is November 3rd as well!! LOL!

Ok, so you ordered just letters and spelled out what you wanted or you ordered a mickey head with stuff spelled out? Did you print at home, or just buy them and they were shipped? I want the shirts to look good, but I don't want to spend a lot of money to do it, haha. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

ok, fun story...

For my DD's 6th birthday we made tee shirts. This was a Disneyland trip.
We used iron on transfers. Everyone helped. My hubby and his dad helped with the tech/computer transfer stuff.
My SIL designed the picture of our birthday princess with a clip art crown. Super cute.

My FIL agreed to wear the shirts for our character breakfast and his plan was to change after.
Great. No problem. I will get my photo for Holiday cards. Deal.

The characters made such a fuss over us and our matching shirts.
It was late January and rainy. We got tons of attention.
Grandpa drinks the cool aid.

We wore them all day and later that night *HE* was so excited to wear them again the next day
he washed them in the hotel laundry!!

My FIL is a great guy and this is just one example.

Make matching/coordinating shirts and let the Disney Magic do its best.
:tinker:

I LOVE wearing matching shirts - even if it does take some convincing! :) On our last trip, I was able to convince our group of 8 to wear matching shirts on two different days! For one of the shirts, I used iron-on transfers and printed an image of a pumpkin Mickey that I purchased from etsy, and the other was a Darth Vader Mouse that I found on an on-line t-shirt company. I've also embroidered mouse ears t-shirts and purchased custom printed ones. There are so many options! :) Have fun with it!

I LOVE wearing matching shirts - even if it does take some convincing! :) On our last trip, I was able to convince our group of 8 to wear matching shirts on two different days! For one of the shirts, I used iron-on transfers and printed an image of a pumpkin Mickey that I purchased from etsy, and the other was a Darth Vader Mouse that I found on an on-line t-shirt company. I've also embroidered mouse ears t-shirts and purchased custom printed ones. There are so many options! :) Have fun with it!
Well, I have 2 white and one grey t-shirt for DD, so I think I am going to use my fabric paint on one of the shirts and see how it looks before I decide what I am going to do with the rest. I could always use the fabric paint for a tote bag or something later and let DD decorate it, LOL. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

If you go to etsy.com, there are tons of talented designers who will create ion ons for you. The sky is the limit, most will do custom things for you. For me, it was worth the $5 to not have to paint!

If I can make my own shirts anyone can... I use Jiffy shirts.com to order the shirts and www.amymickey.com
for the transfer sheets as they are the BEST and I request the design of what I am wanting on the
creative design board farther down on this site. Review the rules that the designers ask you to follow
just out all their awesome designs and request away. However, when you put your request out there,
only request that specific design from one designer... the imagination and possibilities are endless...

We did it!! You can go to Michaels and get the iron on transfer paper yourself which gives you instructions. We paid $15 each for something more professional which is steep when you only wear it once!! But they look great in pictures and lots of people comment on them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter