Question About Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway

andypooh

Earning My Ears
If you are able to walk onto MMRR first thing in the morning with no wait approximately how long will it take from entering the que until you are off the ride? Thanks.

Isn't the preshow just a loop that plays continuously?

The doors open no matter what is showing it's all dependant on the ride vehicles which first thing in the morning should be loading pretty fast since they are all empty.

Isn't the preshow just a loop that plays continuously?

The doors open no matter what is showing it's all dependant on the ride vehicles which first thing in the morning should be loading pretty fast since they are all empty.

The MMRR pre-show has guests fill a room, watch a movie, and then there's that cool effect with the movie screen (no spoilers here). You don't just walk through it.

The MMRR pre-show has guests fill a room, watch a movie, and then there's that cool effect with the movie screen (no spoilers here). You don't just walk through it.
That said, I don't think the pre-show takes more than a couple of minutes, so maybe it doesn't make a huge difference.

Didn't know there was a pre-show, I have no memory of it. I guess I should start paying attention;)
The ride opened a few weeks before the COVID closure, and upon re-opening the pre-show wasn't running for quite a few months. I think it only came back in June 2021 so you may've just missed it!

I've never been on the ride but I've done a lot of research on it using the vlogs from Disney vloggers and my own experiences with other rides in Disney World. Give yourself 15 mins max from entrance to exit. That way, if you get out earlier than 15 mins, you're saving some time & can make more plans for your day. This is an estimate of course. But if it's a straight up walk on, it shouldn't be any longer 15 mins. Also, you have to be a little flexible with the timing just in case something unexpected happens like a small delay in getting onto the ride after the pre-show. So, 15 mins and you should be cool. 😊😁👍

Hypothetically, if you were able to just walk right in, view the whole pre-show alone and get right onto the ride without waiting, in total it would probably be 7 or 8 minutes (30 seconds to walk from the entrance directly to the preshow, just under 2 minutes for the pre-show, 15 seconds to walk from the preshow directly onto the ride, 4 or 5 minutes for the length of the ride).

Of course, that is only a hypothetical as the line starts forming long before the park opens to resort guests. Twice last week we were on line right around 8:10 and still had about a 10 minute wait after the ride opened. It was listed as a 30 minute wait by the time we got off both days.

The ride opened a few weeks before the COVID closure, and upon re-opening the pre-show wasn't running for quite a few months. I think it only came back in June 2021 so you may've just missed it!
Well that explains a lot! I've experienced the attraction twice, but both times were prior to June '21. Didn't do it on our trip last month, so there's an aspect of it I've never seen. Thanks!

I would guess 10 - 15 minutes. The pre-show is about 3-4 minutes as I suspect about the same for the ride. It really depends how long the queue is between the pre-show and getting on the train.
So happy the pre-show is back. It was just walk through with the hole in the screen in April and didn't set up the ride well. It was so much better n October with the full pre-show.

I don't remember the pre-show from last week either...but must have been one because we walked through the hole in screen (which was cute). I was totally unimpressed with the ride itself and glad I did not pay for LL+ (or whatever it is). I kept seeing scenes from The Great Movie Ride in every room and could not fully focus on the ride itself. Someone told me they got sick from the movement which I didn't notice all that much. We waited about 35 minutes around 6-7 pm and still glad I did it (since the lines were torture in April in full sun) but would not go out of my way again unless short wait time. I did pay for RR and that was good and we walked right on.

the pre-show wasn't running for quite a few months. I think it only came back in June 2021 so you may've just missed it!
Which is a shame, because the pre-show is a hoot. We went opening day, and I still can't get that song out of my head!

We rode twice within the first 20 mins of the park being open. I'm don't recall a movie screen for anything.

It would be under 10 minutes, however, that's after they open the ride up. When we were there last we were on the first train of the day, but we also got to the park at 7:30 and got right in line. I think we were maybe the 3rd or 4th party there. However, they didn't start running the ride until 8:30, by which point the queue was pretty full.

We rode twice within the first 20 mins of the park being open. I'm don't recall a movie screen for anything.

They may not do the preshow at park opening when there really isn't a wait. I have seen this on other attractions sometimes.

They may not do the preshow at park opening when there really isn't a wait. I have seen this on other attractions sometimes.

Right, I’ve seen that too. I believe it’s to get the ride moving quickly & help cut down the initial rope drop lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter