Question about Minnie Van

Drea2500

Earning My Ears
Hey all! I’m visiting Disney World at the end of January/early February. We are renting a van and driving down (it’s me, my husband, my mom and my two kids who will be 2.5 and 14 months old). I plan on utilizing the Minnie Vans while we are there when we can. My son has sensory issues and waiting a long time to get to the car or waiting for the bus to the hotel can be taxing on him (I know busses usually come every 15-20 minutes but to him that’s an eternity). Plus having the Minnie van option is nice since it would be quieter than a bus back to the hotel. My question is this: is there enough room for a double stroller in the back? I know the vans have two car seats in the back and we will be using them for both of the little ones but I was wondering if there would be enough room for the stroller in the back. I rented a stroller from a rental company in Orlando...City GT I believe?

Also, another question. One of the days we are there we plan on going to Universal (it will be just me, my mom and the kids. Hubby isn’t too interested in going). What would be the best option to get there? We would need two car seats for the kids. Should we just drive there and do something like Valet parking?

Sorry if these seem like random questions. This is the first time we’ve been to Disney World with little kids 😂

At peak times (like pre park opening, resort to resort), there might be a wait for the minnie-van. Just so you're prepared.

I would think there would be enough room for a double stroller in the back, especially with the 2 car seats being used.

I'd probably just drive to universal.

We used the Minnie Van Service a few times this past Trip (Aug-Sept). Loved the convenience. The vehicles were Large Chevy Suburban SUV's. We were expecting the smaller Chevy Traverse, that is often pictured, since we were only a party of 3. I asked how they decide on which vehicle gets sent, the driver said they are transitioning to all Suburban fleet. Hope this helps.

Hey all! I’m visiting Disney World at the end of January/early February. We are renting a van and driving down (it’s me, my husband, my mom and my two kids who will be 2.5 and 14 months old). I plan on utilizing the Minnie Vans while we are there when we can. My son has sensory issues and waiting a long time to get to the car or waiting for the bus to the hotel can be taxing on him (I know busses usually come every 15-20 minutes but to him that’s an eternity). Plus having the Minnie van option is nice since it would be quieter than a bus back to the hotel. My question is this: is there enough room for a double stroller in the back? I know the vans have two car seats in the back and we will be using them for both of the little ones but I was wondering if there would be enough room for the stroller in the back. I rented a stroller from a rental company in Orlando...City GT I believe?
Theoretically...yes, there would be room for the 5 of you and the stroller (assuming the stroller folds up). But there is only one way it would work if the vehicle is a Chevy Traverse and it may not be comfortable, depending on your group and also depending on the stroller.

The pictures below are my Buick Enclave, which is the same vehicle as a Traverse (just nicer...:)).

The two car seats would come out from behind the third row seat and would be installed in the two second-row captain's chairs. That's where the kids go.

IF the stroller would fit in the vacated space behind the third row, two normal-sized adults would fit comfortably in the third row. The other adult would sit in the front passenger seat.

If the stroller would NOT fit behind the third row, the smaller portion of the third row seat could be folded down to accommodate the stroller. The two adults would then sit in the larger segment of the third row.

But the main question question I have is:

Why would you not simply drive your own van with the child seats already installed?

You won't have to pay for theme park parking.

Last edited:

Could I ask why you’re not driving to the parks? That would be wayyyyyyy cheaper than using the Minnie Van.

You're driving a van down, have a kid that can't handle waiting in lines but talking about paying $$$ to use a Minnie Van instead of driving yourself. I don't understand
It's not out of the question for a Minnie Van to take as long as a bus does
If you have the vehicle, why aren't you driving it?

Theoretically...yes, there would be room for the 5 of you and the stroller (assuming the stroller folds up). But there is only one way it would work if the vehicle is a Chevy Traverse and it may not be comfortable, depending on your group and also depending on the stroller.

The pictures below are my Buick Enclave, which is the same vehicle as a Traverse (just nicer...:)).

The two car seats would come out from behind the third row seat and would be installed in the two second-row captain's chairs. That's where the kids go.

IF the stroller would fit in the vacated space behind the third row, two normal-sized adults would fit comfortably in the third row. The other adult would sit in the front passenger seat.

View attachment 445315

If the stroller would NOT fit behind the third row, the smaller portion of the third row seat could be folded down to accommodate the stroller. The two adults would then sit in the larger segment of the third row.

View attachment 445316

But the main question question I have is:

Why would you not simply drive your own van with the child seats already installed?

You won't have to pay for theme park parking.

The pictures cover it all. A year ago, we used a Minnie van with a sit and stand. In the morning the stroller fit sideways. The van sent in the afternoon was a different type and we had to do the "fold down the seat" method. My grown son and I sat in the third seat......ummm because my hips are umm how do you say....generous???......it was cozy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter