Question about Mousekeeping

moonshadow

Mouseketeer
I printed out some nice Mousekeeping envelopes from templates I downloaded. My question is what do you think the appropriate amount is to put in the envelopes each day?

We put in $5 / day. I think some put in more, but we are extremely neat - kind of have to be with 5 people crammed into one room. Most put in around $1-$2 per person I believe.

Tipping questons are limited to the Tip Thread. This will most likely be closed by the Moderators.
We too tip $5/day for 2 of us

I generally tip $1 pp each day. If the service I receive is less than wonderful, I tend to tip nothing. Housekeeping at WDW is considered a non-tipped position. But many still tip daily...it's up to you. We are very neat, even to the point of making our beds before heading out for the day! I have returned to find clean towels but not fresh toiletries....that is less than wonderful service. There are even times that I don't want anyone in my room...so I hang out the privacy tag before leaving for the day!!

I printed out some nice Mousekeeping envelopes from templates I downloaded. My question is what do you think the appropriate amount is to put in the envelopes each day?
We follow the rule of $1 a day per person plus $1 dollar. So for a family of 4 the tip we would leave is $5.

If by chance (and I mention it because it has happened befor) the housekeeper doesn't take it, write "housekeeping" on it.

Because we are the only ones that call it Mousekeeping. So if you get a new-ish housekeeper with perhaps a written-language barrier, they might not get that "Mousekeeping" means *them*.

If by chance (and I mention it because it has happened befor) the housekeeper doesn't take it, write "housekeeping" on it.

Because we are the only ones that call it Mousekeeping. So if you get a new-ish housekeeper with perhaps a written-language barrier, they might not get that "Mousekeeping" means *them*.

Good tip, thanks.

We never let them clean every day. Why do they need to clean every day. We only allow them in every three days and we leave them two bucks per clean. I don't need someone looking at my mess and trying to clean around it.

They always leave a ton of stuff hanging from the door on non clean days.

Housekeeping is a non-tipped position at WDW. So there is no requirement to tip at all. But if you choose to do so, you can. Especially if you require extra from the housekeepers because of problems in your room that you and your family created.

Sometimes we tip, sometimes we don't. It doesn't really depend on the cleanliness (we've never ran into a less than clean room, fortunately).. But based on if we have a greater than normal mess (like if the kids spilled chips all over the floor and then walked through it, ) or if we have a special request( like an extra pillow)
When we travel, I tend to leave a note on their notepad, thanking them, giving a tip of $5, and asking for extra pens (for souvemirs) . I get a "free" souvenir, they get $ for nothing OOP. We all win.

We never let them clean every day. Why do they need to clean every day. We only allow them in every three days and we leave them two bucks per clean. I don't need someone looking at my mess and trying to clean around it.

They always leave a ton of stuff hanging from the door on non clean days.

I let them come clean every day so I can hoard all the toiletries, and have Disney showers for months after I return. :goodvibes

On my last trip I pre-made labelled envelopes for house keeping and Magical Express. That way I knew it was all taken care of, didn't have to worry about having cash, etc. We were two adults, and I kept the room rather neat. I left $2 per day, and noticed that the one day I forgot to leave the envelope out the room wasn't done as it had been, I didn't get my new toiletries, etc. I think next time I will do $3 per day, using the formula one of the PPs mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter